• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much advertisement affect your buyings?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on all.... When you go for buying, how much, already seen advertisement in media, affects your decision to buy something? Do you make free decision or otherwise?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Very minimal, but then again I'm only exposed to a minimal amount of advertising, most of which comes through Hulu which I always make sure to say the add is not relevant to me, and Amazon in which I have confused their marketing algorithms to the point I am constantly being recommended stuff that I would get no use out of.

Heim

More significantly than I'd like to believe, I think.
TV ads don't really affect me, as I don't watch TV. I can imagine internet ads being more effective, as they are influenced by your internet browsing habits.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I tend to gravitate to tried and true things rather than be influenced by advertising. More often than not I find that advertising has a negative effect on the likelihood of me becoming a patron of given products or services. Like, the bank that cares --- seriously? LOL. Of late, I've notices that TV commercials have gotten a lot worse and seem to be designed for either people who are not especially bright or who have a pretty silly sense of humor.

Edit: I'm one of those odd fish that researches a new product and will often go with ones that score highly in customer satisfaction.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Peace be on all.... When you go for buying, how much, already seen advertisement in media, affects your decision to buy something? Do you make free decision or otherwise?
What little advertising I see does greatly impact my buying.

For example, I have to conclude from the commercials that drinking Red Bull makes you stupid.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
One of the things I love about the Big Island, no TV (well, one PBS station), no Radio (well, on station KAPA that plays Hawaiian elevator music) and no adverts to speak of save the newspaper and this forum.