• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How may people on here like the 2000's.Vs the 2020's?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
In 2000 you would have been 12. It seems odd that 21 years later, at age 33, your life would still be the same.

As far as I feel, circumstances may be different than when I was 12... but the world seems largely the same.

Yeah, there's different clothes, music, and gadgets... but people are still people. Nature is still herself(though she's gone through a few changes, too).

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
How may people on here like the 2000's.Vs the 2020's?:)For me it is kind of same.:)

The thing that I like about the 20s so far is the continual improvement of technology. What I liked about the noughties and 10s was instant messengers: AIM, MSN, and YIM. Plus, the internet during the noughties was new to me and really cool. If I had to choose a time to live in, I would remain in this one.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Every year has its joys and its challenges. I like a little nostalgia (and at 73 I've a lot more to be nostalgic about than most here), and though I often think fondly of my school years, I wouldn't want to go back. Much better to continue to hope (and work) to make tomorrow a bit better than today -- for me and for as many as I can manage.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Which one was your favorite?

I see each decade all have a different part to play in what we can become.

The 60's for me was an exciting childhood that experienced different cultures and ways of life. The 70's was cementing the foundations for a future, the 80's were moulding the person to come and the 90's was discovering who that might be. The 00's was a time of reflection and perfecting what was previously built and the 20's will be further refining what can be.

Regards Tony

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
How may people on here like the 2000's.Vs the 2020's?:)For me it is kind of same.:)
I'd go back to the 60s and 70s. It wasn't perfect then either, but one thing for sure, people were far freer and had more fun in spite of the issues aside from Vietnam.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I'm an 80s brat. After 2005ish the music faded. Usually I'll pick up on a new song and find it's from an old artist trying to keep his grove. I had brain surgery in 99 from then on I lost interest till I moved. I didn't/couldn't keep up with much. Old/new bloomer.

Last edited: