• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Many Years Will It Take Before Trump is Credited for Policies That Have A Positive Effect?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
There has to be a cut off point somewhere when the POTUS get's credited if their policies have a positive effect regardless of who that POTUS is. In the case of Donald Trump, what is the timeline in your mind where he will be able to take credit for the policies that he has helped put in place?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
When the Republicans manage to credit Democratic presidents for their policies that have a positive effect. :cool:

Koldo

Outstanding Member
There has to be a cut off point somewhere when the POTUS get's credited if their policies have a positive effect regardless of who that POTUS is. In the case of Donald Trump, what is the timeline in your mind where he will be able to take credit for the policies that he has helped put in place?

I don't think a timeline is relevant. What is relevant is finding a causal relationship between the policies and what happened.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
His fans: Already crediting him.
His foes: Never will.
The rest of us: The jury is still out.
But I'll tell ya.....things aren't looking great yet.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

A moot point if there are no positive effects to begin with.

Laika

Premium Member

In 2020, when the re-election campaign will be in full swing. they will have to come up something to make america great again. In Trump's case, the truth is optional.

"I have the best fans. I have the biggest fans. such great people. help me make america great again!"

David T

Premium Member
Well you didn't give one so apparently they don't exist yet. So as soon as one exists I suppose.

pearl

Whether they are considered positive or not depends on your own position. So far Trump has not put in place policies as much as he has cancelled existing policies.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I typically start crediting something as a success ~1 year after it is introduced and put into place.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
now that he has started attacking the UK prime minister, be cause she objected to him re tweeting Extreme far right videos by "Britain First".
He even managed to tweet the wrong Teresa May ( Scrivener) .... But then he is mentally challenged.

Perhaps he could get a spot on the USA Disabled Olympic Golf team now.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
A rule-of-thumb in American political science is that it takes roughly three years for a more clear indication as to what an administration's effect on the economy is. However, some effects may be felt earlier on, and I think that the anticipation over tax cuts is having a positive effect on the DOW and on some business expansion at this time. Whether that will be sustained over the long haul is another matter, and only time will tell for sure and that could be years down the road.

If the proposed budget is passed (either the House of the Senate version or a combination-- the latter being far more likely), I think it'll likely give the economy a bit of a boost, but there are some rather serious danger signs of what the prognosis could be further down the line because of lower and lower-middle taxes going up plus the effect of uncontrolled medical inflation that can really put a big-time damper on our economic future, especially since the projection is for a $1.4 trillion deficit over 10 years matched with shrinking middle-class incomes that are likely to continue. [howdya like that for one helluva run-on sentence]

BTW, a survey of economists from the Chicago School of economics, which is quite conservative, find that only 3% of them feel that the current proposals will be helpful in the long haul.

Sanzbir

Based on demographics?

When Generation Z are the ones writing the history books.

This is regardless of whether or not there have been positive effects, as some other people on this thread seem to think that is an important factor.

Gen Z's just likely the generation with the highest population of people whose subjective opinions will lean on viewing the current president and his administration's effects positively.

Ergo when Gen Z are the historians, he gets credit, regardless of what others might subjectively feel on whether such credit is deserved or not.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Depends on which party you support.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
A rule-of-thumb in American political science is that it takes roughly three years for a more clear indication as to what an administration's effect on the economy is. However, some effects may be felt earlier on, and I think that the anticipation over tax cuts is having a positive effect on the DOW and on some business expansion at this time. Whether that will be sustained over the long haul is another matter, and only time will tell for sure and that could be years down the road.

Actually I figured it was typically a little longer than that but I'm sure it depends on the policies.

Remind us again what policies he has helped put in place?

I was asking how many years it would take for some to credit Trump or any other POTUS for any good their policies might have created.

When the Republicans manage to credit Democratic presidents for their policies that have a positive effect. :cool:

That sounds a little childish and divisive on both sides

A moot point if there are no positive effects to begin with.

According to Metis, it takes at least three years to see them either way so to dismiss them out of hand this early in the game seems more than a little short sighted.

Depends on which party you support.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the case for some

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

HOw about the brilliant policies which he has helped to crush?