• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many people on here have seen the movie Bruce Almighty?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I did a long time ago, but I don't really remember it very well.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I went to theater with my friends, to watch it. I did enjoy it.
After The Truman Show, Jim Carrey had become a god to us...so we had to watch every movie.:p

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Did they?

I understood Jaque Tati was the king. I believe Monty Python was modelled on his style.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...rned-nickname-le-roi-du-crazy-france-1031735/

"Dubbed “Le Roi du Crazy” (“the King of Crazy”) by the French intelligentsia starting in the mid-1960s, Lewis achieved a very special kind of stardom across the Atlantic: Loved by the American public but rarely respected by the highbrow press in the U.S., the comedian and director was quickly revered by some of France’s most influential critics, who considered him an auteur on par with Hollywood’s greatest. Since then, to be “the Jerry Lewis of” something has been a term used to describe the rare feat of finding success in France while remaining altogether misunderstood in one’s homeland."

"Writing about those movies in the influential film magazine Positif, Robert Benayoun, who authored the 1972 study Bonjour Monsieur Lewis, claimed that “since the death of Buster Keaton, Jerry Lewis is the greatest comic artist in the world,” while Jean-Luc Godard, the critic turned New Wave auteur, wrote in the Cahiers du cinema that “Jerry Lewis is the only American director who makes progressive films. He is superior to Chaplin and Keaton.” (Lewis was actually one of the rare filmmakers whom the ever-warring Positif and Cahiers factions could agree upon.)"

Maybe it is like the admiration that so many Americans have for Trump. In twenty years they will be pretending that never happened either.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...rned-nickname-le-roi-du-crazy-france-1031735/

"Dubbed “Le Roi du Crazy” (“the King of Crazy”) by the French intelligentsia starting in the mid-1960s, Lewis achieved a very special kind of stardom across the Atlantic: Loved by the American public but rarely respected by the highbrow press in the U.S., the comedian and director was quickly revered by some of France’s most influential critics, who considered him an auteur on par with Hollywood’s greatest. Since then, to be “the Jerry Lewis of” something has been a term used to describe the rare feat of finding success in France while remaining altogether misunderstood in one’s homeland."

"Writing about those movies in the influential film magazine Positif, Robert Benayoun, who authored the 1972 study Bonjour Monsieur Lewis, claimed that “since the death of Buster Keaton, Jerry Lewis is the greatest comic artist in the world,” while Jean-Luc Godard, the critic turned New Wave auteur, wrote in the Cahiers du cinema that “Jerry Lewis is the only American director who makes progressive films. He is superior to Chaplin and Keaton.” (Lewis was actually one of the rare filmmakers whom the ever-warring Positif and Cahiers factions could agree upon.)"

Maybe it is like the admiration that so many Americans have for Trump. In twenty years they will be pretending that never happened either.

But did he have an asteroid named after him...

https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/(14621)_Tati

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Jim Carey is not my favorite at all, but loved the movie, I do like Norman Freeman. I also liked 'O God' 1&2 with George Burns.
I liked some films he did, but in general I'm not a fan of Jim Carey myself. I don't think he's really all that funny overall.

Morgan Freeman however.. that man is God.

George Burns.... he's evolved way beyond God.