• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many people here live outside the left-right paradigm?

74x12

Ooh, a conspiracy theorist. Mark Dice fan? Vigilant Citizen reader?
I like both of those occasionally although do not agree with everything they say; but I don't read or listen to either one very often.

I did research on occult symbolism and numerology which led me to clear conclusions. I did not like to believe just one source.

The term conspiracy theory is most likely purposeful programming; so people will believe the government as truth tellers and not listen to whistle blowers and others who expose the government.

I think people are naive if they believe their own government; especially now that we have secret agencies such as the CIA, MI6 and so many other spy networks around the world. It's not as if it's in their best interests to tell the truth. Every government lies as regular, routine policy and maintains active propaganda programs.

Soviet policy was to always lie and spread disinformation. We'd be fools to think U.S. policy is any different since world war 2.

74x12

I like both of those occasionally although do not agree with everything they say; but I don't read or listen to either one very often.

I did research on occult symbolism and numerology which led me to clear conclusions. I did not like to believe just one source.

The term conspiracy theory is most likely purposeful programming; so people will believe the government as truth tellers and not listen to whistle blowers and others who expose the government.

I think people are naive if they believe their own government; especially now that we have secret agencies such as the CIA, MI6 and so many other spy networks around the world. It's not as if it's in their best interests to tell the truth. Every government lies as regular, routine policy and maintains active propaganda programs.

Soviet policy was to always lie and spread disinformation. We'd be fools to think U.S. policy is any different since world war 2.
Lying is sophisticated art form at this point. They like to tell the truth but in such a way you won't notice. This is sophisticated technique designed to discredit the truth so that you will believe their lies instead.

It's a primal law of the universe the concept of "fair warning". Giving "fair warning" gives you power over those you warn. The point is (for unscrupulous people) to warn you in such a way that you won't believe it.

Satan knows what Jesus said "there is nothing hidden that won't come abroad". Therefore, satan works within the "rules" by exposing his plans in ways that you won't believe it. Therefore he controls the leaking of information. But, thanks to the grace of God; he still can't fool everyone.

Shad

Veteran Member
Im disapointed in the human race that we even need government to put peoples evils in check. The fact we need laws shows in and of itself that we have taken a wrong turn a long time ago. Where did we go wrong? Why cant people just do right BECAUSE ITS RIGHT?

As we have various religions proclaiming different codes of morality which are incompatible or worse advocate murder and genocide because God ordered it.

Shad

Veteran Member
And why did God order it?

Apparently God was too lazy to use his God powers to solve a problem so had to order his unquestioning lackeys to do it for him. Or rather as I see it a bunch of people passed the buck over their own genocidal actions to a god figure to justify said action. A figure that will never confirm nor deny any part of said genocides.

Duke_Leto

I didn't have any government in general in mind, but I do respect China as one of the world's oldest civilizations.

I mean, its current system of government isn't very old. Do you know enough about its government though to know to what extent it compares to your ideal?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Because of its human rights abuses, or its general structure?
It claims to be Communist, but it's really a corrupt authoritarian capitalist country. Much of China is basically the third world, mired in poverty and ignorant superstition (their nonsense folk medicine is driving many species to extinction and they have a horrible record when it comes to animal welfare). Then in the cities, you have rich people while others live in little cages. Chinese society at the moment is so weird that they'll leave you in the street if you've hit by a car because they don't want to be blamed for it. Then there's the pollution and so on. Anyway, there's not much to admire there.

A recent example I have more positive feelings about is Gaddafi's Libya. I rather liked him and he had interesting ideas. I was infuriated when he was murdered so brutally.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

I don't buy into the occult aspect of those theories anymore but other than that, I think there's a lot of truth in what you say.

Apparently God was too lazy to use his God powers to solve a problem so had to order his unquestioning lackeys to do it for him. Or rather as I see it a bunch of people passed the buck over their own genocidal actions to a god figure to justify said action. A figure that will never confirm nor deny any part of said genocides.

But, why was the order given?

Shad

Veteran Member
But, why was the order given?

Which time? When God the landlord decide to evict the Canaanites because God apparently could get them to move? Or the time of warfare to exterminate a whole people because they lived on the wrong side of the Jordan.

Which time? When God the landlord decide to evict the Canaanites because God apparently could get them to move? Or the time of warfare to exterminate a whole people because they lived on the wrong side of the Jordan.

Yea, why did he want them to move or be exterminated?

Duke_Leto

It claims to be Communist, but it's really a corrupt authoritarian capitalist country. Much of China is basically the third world, mired in poverty and ignorant superstition (their nonsense folk medicine is driving many species to extinction and they have a horrible record when it comes to animal welfare). Then in the cities, you have rich people while others live in little cages. Chinese society at the moment is so weird that they'll leave you in the street if you've hit by a car because they don't want to be blamed for it. Then there's the pollution and so on. Anyway, there's not much to admire there.

A recent example I have more positive feelings about is Gaddafi's Libya. I rather liked him and he had interesting ideas. I was infuriated when he was murdered so brutally.

Now that's an interesting view! I've honestly never heard someone liking Gaddafi and disliking CP China. If you'll permit me to play devil's advocate -- Since I assume, being familiar with Gaddafi's own human rights abuses, you're relatively comfortable abstracting the actions of a government from its organization and structure -- the Chinese government has managed to bring an enormous number of people from poverty within an incredibly short period of time, it's industrialized and grown its economy at a rate I imagine has only been seen before in the U.S.S.R, and, for national government ruling so vast a territory, it's remarkably centralized and able to achieve its goals with relative ease, even managing to build entire cities within a matter of years. Its authoritarian government allows it to implement enormous changes without much bureaucratic obstruction, and most Chinese citizens support the government, despite its human rights abuses, because it's consistently delivered solid results.

Another thing, while I think of it, is about the air quality: The Chinese state has been concerned about air quality for some time now and has been making an effort to improve it. I believe northern California's air quality is actually considered worse than Beijing's at the moment, due to the fires. Though admittedly the air isn't "good" in Chinese cities by any stretch of the imagination.

As you've said you like authoritarian nationalism, and given that this sort of thought re China is fairly common in my experience, I'd imagined you'd had it in mind when you made your post.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Now that's an interesting view! I've honestly never heard someone liking Gaddafi and disliking CP China. If you'll permit me to play devil's advocate -- Since I assume, being familiar with Gaddafi's own human rights abuses, you're relatively comfortable abstracting the actions of a government from its organization and structure -- the Chinese government has managed to bring an enormous number of people from poverty within an incredibly short period of time, it's industrialized and grown its economy at a rate I imagine has only been seen before in the U.S.S.R, and, for national government ruling so vast a territory, it's remarkably centralized and able to achieve its goals with relative ease, even managing to build entire cities within a matter of years. Its authoritarian government allows it to implement enormous changes without much bureaucratic obstruction, and most Chinese citizens support the government, despite its human rights abuses, because it's consistently delivered solid results.

Another thing, while I think of it, is about the air quality: The Chinese state has been concerned about air quality for some time now and has been making an effort to improve it. I believe northern California's air quality is actually considered worse than Beijing's at the moment, due to the fires. Though admittedly the air isn't "good" in Chinese cities by any stretch of the imagination.

As you've said you like authoritarian nationalism, and given that this sort of thought re China is fairly common in my experience, I'd imagined you'd had it in mind when you made your post.
Thanks for the info. I'm used to hearing bad things about China so your post is food for thought. When you put the rapid industrialization of the nation into perspective, it is quite a feat and I should give them more credit.