• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many kids do you have?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
How many kids do you have? What's it like raising kids? Do they stress you out? I don't know how people can provide for a family.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
How many kids do you have?

I've raised two children, both girls.

What's it like raising kids? Do they stress you out?

Depends on the child's personality and disposition. My younger daughter was more of a challenge than my elder one.

As far as what it's like, you are bringing a person into the world and doing your best to give them the best upbringing possible by providing for them and teaching them morals, ethics, and responsibility while being careful not to impose yourself onto them to a point where you're simply living vicariously through them instead of allowing them to be the individual beings they are.

I don't know how people can provide for a family.

Through hard work and careful planning.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
5, the youngest is 27, eldest is 41. Yes raising kids is a responsibilty not to be taken lightly. Tough job at times, but very worth it too.

Cooky

Veteran Member
How many kids do you have? What's it like raising kids? Do they stress you out? I don't know how people can provide for a family.

I have 4 daughters. 22, 19, 7, and 5. I love raising kids, I just don't like it when the two little ones argue (mostly over toys).

...The 7 year old is a hoarder.

whirlingmerc

I have 2 grown kids and they are both a joy.
My daughter is married to someone in between the age of by son and daughter and so it was not like losing a daughter it was like gaining a middle child.

They do not stress me out, but you feel pain when they go though suffering like my daughter's cancer. Her marriage was a joy.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Two grown boys. It wasn't always easy but I wouldn't trade our worse ten minutes for anyone else's best year. I know you didn't ask but my grand kids (all 6 of them) were worth the wait. I had a friend that use to say that your grand kids were your reward for not strangling your own kids.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Two grown boys. It wasn't always easy but I wouldn't trade our worse ten minutes for anyone else's best year. I know you didn't ask but my grand kids (all 6 of them) were worth the wait. I had a friend that use to say that your grand kids were your reward for not strangling your own kids.
All this time I thought you were the guy in your avatar. I'm guessing you are more like this:
7f5efe7c93de445b01b63c4d6c1b2618.jpg

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The closest I got was when I was 20.
My girlfriend, Judy, and I got pregnant. It was quite a trauma, since we were both in college and didn't even have jobs. We were considering all the options, including abortion. Then she miscarried.

That experience hugely changed my attitude towards abortion. Before that, I had graduated from 12 years of Catholic schooling convinced that abortion was simply a choice and nobody else's business. But afterwards, I couldn't escape the plain fact that abortion was killing our child because s/he didn't fit our plans. It's just as plain as day.
I was pretty hardcore back then, my opinions have actually mellowed a lot in the last 40 years.
Tom

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
None, for obvious reasons. But my best friend has two (6 and 2), and they've "adopted" me as a kind of uncle. I adore both of them, but especially the 6 year old boy...who unfortunately is just suffering from an autoimmune condition called HSP, but he'll get over it. I focus my "uncle energy" on making sure they get educational gifts that are fun.

I admit, at my ripe old age, knowing both these kids since they were born has given me one tiny twinge of regret at being gay. But it is what it is, and since I love them and they like me, I think I'll call that "enough to be going on with." (Nanny McPhee)

Axe Elf

Prophet
I've raised thousands of kids, but never had any of my own. I currently have six stepkids, but they are all well into adulthood--some of them are parents and grandparents themselves.