• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many kids did you have after 40 ?

ronki23

I've been complaining for the past 8 years that I haven't had a fun 20s (I'm 31) so I don't want to have kids until I'm 40.

I want 4

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
3, one of each.

I didn't have the twins until i was 36, the youngest until 40

Well thats one really

The reason i waited was because i was left wing... Only lefties have kids late in life

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
None. My wife and I traded wanting a child but we never both wanted one at the same time.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Still thinking about having ten or so. The benefit of waiting until I got to my age is that if I do have any they are likely not going to be my problem.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I've been complaining for the past 8 years that I haven't had a fun 20s (I'm 31) so I don't want to have kids until I'm 40.

I want 4

And then there's the grandkids...

I'd imagine you'd want to be around to enjoy them as well.

ronki23

3, one of each.

I didn't have the twins until i was 36, the youngest until 40

Well thats one really

The reason i waited was because i was left wing... Only lefties have kids late in life

Not really: the left believes in benefits and welfare more than the right so the left has them early. The right is also big on marriage

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Had one at 21, one at 29, and one at 34. I hope there are no more coming to me after 40. I really wanted more, but I think my middle one is like having 5 children in one. I'm not sure I could so easily handle more.

ronki23

Had one at 21, one at 29, and one at 34. I hope there are no more coming to me after 40. I really wanted more, but I think my middle one is like having 5 children in one. I'm not sure I could so easily handle more.

OK Lois

We are still waiting on Dewey and Jamie

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not really: the left believes in benefits and welfare more than the right so the left has them early. The right is also big on marriage

73861d411c48af79db6e1416dec2c38b.gif

ronki23

Maybe 2 before 40 and 2 after 40

4 after 40 is too much unless my wife is young but then that's not fair on her as she too wouldn't enjoy her youth

exchemist

Veteran Member
Maybe 2 before 40 and 2 after 40

4 after 40 is too much unless my wife is young but then that's not fair on her as she too wouldn't enjoy her youth
Indeed. Children require energy on the part of the parents. I left it very late. I think having them before 40 is better, while you still have plenty of stamina.

Mind you, having such a big age gap between me and my son does seem to mean that we don't argue: we seem to respect the fact that we inhabit different worlds, to some degree. But it could be also because my wife died when he was 13, so we sort of know we need each other and can't afford to have a serious row. Anyway, we get along well - though now he's gone off to university in Scotland.