• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Many Gun Laws Were Broken?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Evidently none. The weapons ban at the school could be considered a gun law for the sake of argument, I guess.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I think its still illegal to murder people unless the NRA has changed that law too!!

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Evidently none. The weapons ban at the school could be considered a gun law for the sake of argument, I guess.
Certainly they have laws against the discharge of firearms in residential neighborhoods at least. I'm think n he broke at least a few more laws. The use of a firearm in the death of another musta broke some law or three.

esmith

Veteran Member
I think its still illegal to murder people unless the NRA has changed that law too!!

Certainly they have laws against the discharge of firearms in residential neighborhoods at least. I'm think n he broke at least a few more laws. The use of a firearm in the death of another musta broke some law or three.
The question was "Does anyone know how many gun laws the Parkland shooter broke?"
Both or your examples are not firearm laws. Don't believe me? Look up GCA68 and Hughes Amendment of 1986 and NRA-ILA | Florida Gun Laws

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I wonder which kind of assault-type rifle Jesus would have carried with him?

BSM1

What? Me worry?

The neighborhood thingy is usually a local ordinance, and you might count this as a "gun law". However, murder is murder no matter how it is perpetrated, but I understand your wish to make this a "gun law" also.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I wonder which kind of assault-type rifle Jesus would have carried with him?

Dude! They didn't have fire arms at the time. This is why Jesus told his disciples to sell their packs and buy a sword. Look it up.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

And you think this is strictly a "gun law"? If so, shouldn't the law read: Premeditated murder by fire arm? Or: Premeditated murder by cutting instrument? Or: Premeditated murder by potted plant? I believe you'll not find any delineation in the law of premeditated murder no matter what the instrument of death. Nice try, though.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Don't hijack my thread with inanities, please.
The issue of machines that kill people is not just a political issue but also a moral issue as well so, imo, I haven't "hijacked" your thread. Gandhi said that anyone who thinks that there can be a complete separation of church and state doesn't really understand religion, and I'll add that they really don't understand politics either [this is not a reference to you personally, btw].

However, I made my point, for better or worse, so this is my last post on this.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
The issue of machines that kill people is not just a political issue but also a moral issue as well so, imo, I haven't "hijacked" your thread. Gandhi said that anyone who thinks that there can be a complete separation of church and state doesn't really understand religion, and I'll add that they really don't understand politics either [this is not a reference to you personally, btw].

However, I made my point, for better or worse, so this is my last post on this.

But...but...what about Jesus commanding his disciples to buy a sword?

Aldrnari

But...but...what about Jesus commanding his disciples to buy a sword?

Don't you know that those who live by the sword, die by the sword?!... How else are you supposed to get to Valhalla?

Oh, wait! Wrong religion...

esmith

Veteran Member
Don't you know that those who live by the sword, die by the sword?!... How else are you supposed to get to Valhalla?

Oh, wait! Wrong religion...
I think I will go with William Shakespeare's quote:
“A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once. It seems to me most strange that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.”