• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Many are Methodists here on RF?

Many Sages One Truth

I consider myself Methodist, although some of my beliefs are quite non-Orthodox. I am a member of the Methodist church in my area, and I do attend church regularly and the like. My church is pretty open though and considers itself a reconciling congregation.

Any other Methodists on RF?

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
I was baptized and grew up in a Methodist Church.

I like to read and learn about John Wesley and his idea of Christian Perfection.
Very interesting stuff.
What evangelical meant when he went out into the world has changed in today's defining of the word, generally speaking, and am happy for it's roots in social gospel and bringing the message to the people in his community that might not be able to attend church to socio-economic issues.

Funny enough perhaps... I grew up in the States and practiced in a Methodist Church for the first 18 years of my life. Since then I've moved to Canada and have been practicing in an Anglican Church for about the last year and some change.

The time between was spent in a Unitarian Universalist Church, Buddhist Sangha and experiencing a plethora of other traditions in person and in study of.

I myself would say I'm quite unorthodox in regard to how I perceived the UMC growing up.
It's not really here nor there to me these days, but I certainly enjoy exploring my roots/beginnings.

:namaste
SageTree

Jesuslightoftheworld

The world has nothing to offer us!
I consider myself Methodist, although some of my beliefs are quite non-Orthodox. I am a member of the Methodist church in my area, and I do attend church regularly and the like. My church is pretty open though and considers itself a reconciling congregation.

Any other Methodists on RF?

Baptized, confirmed, and married in the First United Methodist Church. My church has gotten very big and is losing the sense of fellowship it once had, but I’m not sure that’s why.