• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How long were Adam and Eve in the Garden?

ppp

A speaker is going to my mother's.church in mid September to speak on this topic. We were puzzling over breakfast 1).on what basis
could anyone know and 2) why does it matter?

Any thoughts?

ppp

Always, and they are always being driven out. It isn't a time thing. They are even now in the garden and being driven out, and Abel is being killed.
That is a very interesting hot take. Why on earth have you never started a thread on that?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
That is a very interesting hot take. Why on earth have you never started a thread on that?
Starting threads usually is not pleasant, and I guess it hadn't occurred to me to start a thread on it. Its not my idea, anyways. I heard it somewhere, but to understand this you only have to take literally what is said in Deuteronomy 6:21 "tell him: 'We were slaves of Pharaoh in Egypt, but the LORD brought us out of Egypt with a mighty hand.'" Every man is to tell this to his child. When was he a slave in Egypt? A casual reader might presume 6:21 is a figure of speech, but no. When you look at a Pesach seder, this thing is to be said. It is truth.

Reactions: ppp

ppp

Starting threads usually is not pleasant, and I guess it hadn't occurred to me to start a thread on it. Its not my idea, anyways. I heard it somewhere, but to understand this you only have to take literally what is said in Deuteronomy 6:21 "tell him: 'We were slaves of Pharaoh in Egypt, but the LORD brought us out of Egypt with a mighty hand.'" Every man is to tell this to his child. When was he a slave in Egypt? A casual reader might presume 6:21 is a figure of speech, but no. When you look at a Pesach seder, this thing is to be said. It is truth.
I don't usually do more than read scriptural debates between believers. They fascinating, but I don't have a dog in that particular. Fight

Vee

Premium Member
A speaker is going to my mother's.church in mid September to speak on this topic. We were puzzling over breakfast 1).on what basis

Any thoughts?

Out of curiosity, I would really like to know the answer to that question.
The Bible doesn't say and there isn't enough information to assume anything. If anyone can come up with a number, it will be just speculation.

ppp

Out of curiosity, I would really like to know the answer to that question.
The Bible doesn't say and there isn't enough information to assume anything. If anyone can come up with a number, it will be just speculation.
That was our thinking too. She is planning on attending by zoom.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Any thoughts?

We don't know and it really doesn't matter. IMO

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
You just constructed a post and sent it to me to let me know that you don't care. :thumbsup: So noted.
In other words, it isn't an important factor. I will have to wait until I can ask the people in the know. :) Not that I am not interested in knowing. There just isn't the information available at this time.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

Any thoughts?
I do not believe that Adam and Eve were ever in a garden because I do not believe that ever existed. I believe the whole story is an allegory, not a true story. I believe that original sin is a false doctrine of the church that came about from a misunderstanding of the Bible. Jesus never even knew of any original sin that He is supposed to be saving everyone from by dying on the cross.

I believe that Jesus offered Himself up for the sins and inequities of mankind, but that has nothing to do with any original sin committed by Adam and Eve. Millions and millions of people bought off on a false doctrine of original sin and base their beliefs upon it. Imo, original sin is one of the worst hoaxes ever perpetrated upon an unsuspecting humanity.

ppp

I do not believe that Adam and Eve were ever in a garden because I do not believe that ever existed. I believe the whole story is an allegory, not a true story. I believe that original sin is a false doctrine of the church that came about from a misunderstanding of the Bible. Jesus never even knew of any original sin that He is supposed to be saving everyone from by dying on the cross.

I believe that Jesus offered Himself up for the sins and inequities of mankind, but that has nothing to do with any original sin committed by Adam and Eve. Millions and millions of people bought off on a false doctrine of original sin and base their beliefs upon it. Imo, original sin is one of the worst hoaxes ever perpetrated upon an unsuspecting humanity.
:handok:

Brian2

Veteran Member

I don't think Jesus died to save us from original sin. We have enough sins of our own to be saved from.

Suave

Simulated character

Any thoughts?

Genus Homo-species may have come into being when a couple of Australopithecus hetero zygotes, who had the same type of chromosome rearrangements formed by fusion of the whole long arms of two acrocentric chromosomes, mated together and reproduced viable and fertile offspring with 46 chromosomes. This first generation of Homo habilis then may have likely incestuously bred with each other and reproduced the next subsequent generation of Homo habilis.

chromosome-fusion.jpg

Since the eldest of Homo-habilis did not naturally live very long beyond 25 years in age, this primordial couple, namely Adam and Eve, the parents of the earliest Homo Hablis, could not have resided anywhere including a garden paradise for more than a few decades,

Reference: Jan 01, 2004 · Palaeodemo graphy and Dental Microwear of Homo habilis fr om East Africa • XLII/1 • pp. 53–58 • 2004 LAURA M. MAR TÍNEZ, JORDI GALBANY …

(PDF) Paleodemography and dental microwear of Homo habilis from East Africa (researchgate.net)