• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is Muslim Immigration To Sweden Working Out?

Bob Jones

Prove It!
Henrick Olsson Lilja, a prominent Swedish lawyer who initially represented US rapper ASAP Rocky in his recent assault case, was shot multiple times after leaving
On Friday, Swedish police were alerted to a rape which occurred outside of the municipality of Österåkers in Stockholm.

The victim reported that she was subjected to an outdoor rape at knife point after she had gone on to walk her dog on Saturday night. After the police arrived at the scene, the woman was subsequently taken to the hospital to be examined by doctors.
an apartment building in Stockholm

Bob Jones

Prove It!
Last weekend, residents of Nacka, Sweden were shocked to find out two neighbor residents were hit by bullets fired by men with an automatic rifle

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Born a Swede, moved to US and naturalized citizen... I've heard some of the things happening in Sweden and it's extremely sad and scary. When I grew up, it was probably the safest place in our world. It was heaven on Earth. I don't want to move back there with what's going on. Feel bad for my family though.

Bob Jones

Prove It!
According to a report by the Swedish news outlet Mitt i, an average of five rapes happens each day in Stockholm. Of the rapes that do occur, only 5 percent of them result in the attacker being sentenced by a criminal court.

Bob Jones

Prove It!
Sweden’s national bomb squad was called to a preschool in central Kristianstad after a teacher discovered that one of their students had brought a hand grenade to school.

Bob Jones

Prove It!
Sweden’s national bomb squad was called to a preschool in central Kristianstad after a teacher discovered that one of their students had brought a hand grenade to school.
Fears of Muslim riots: Police mobilize in Sweden ahead of Davis Cup clash against Israel

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It seems to function as a religion as much as any other.
I used to think so. But I have since come to learn that it actually teaches misleading notions of what religion is even supposed to be.

It was quite a surprise really. I assumed for a long time that it was, so to speak, a slightly exotic, Arabic-oriented cousin faith to Christianity. And it really isn't.

Christianity itself isn't a particularly good example of religion, but it still has a much sounder claim than Islaam seems to even aim to ever achieve.

Islaam is all about promoting a makeshift appearance of social commitment by professing solid faith in the truth of Abrahamic monotheism. That is shaky enough for other Abrahamics, but Islaam pretty much insists on taking nothing else seriously, thereby dooming itself to perenial delusions and misguidance.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I used to think so. But I have since come to learn that it actually teaches misleading notions of what religion is even supposed to be.

It was quite a surprise really. I assumed for a long time that it was, so to speak, a slightly exotic, Arabic-oriented cousin faith to Christianity. And it really isn't.

Christianity itself isn't a particularly good example of religion, but it still has a much sounder claim than Islaam seems to even aim to ever achieve.

Islaam is all about promoting a makeshift appearance of social commitment by professing solid faith in the truth of Abrahamic monotheism. That is shaky enough for other Abrahamics, but Islaam pretty much insists on taking nothing else seriously, thereby dooming itself to perenial delusions and misguidance.

I can't disagree with the idea that both Christianity and Islam can create social commitments based on shaky existential truths, but ultimately people glean meaning out of both. My concept of religion is that any belief taught rigidly and dogmatically ultimately will fail a good deal of people. It's up to the individual to make what they will out of religion and this appears to occur in Islam considering the many well-adjusted Muslims that live in the West outside the control of the more fundamental and dogmatic versions.

Bob Jones

Prove It!
I can't disagree with the idea that both Christianity and Islam can create social commitments based on shaky existential truths, but ultimately people glean meaning out of both. My concept of religion is that any belief taught rigidly and dogmatically ultimately will fail a good deal of people. It's up to the individual to make what they will out of religion and this appears to occur in Islam considering the many well-adjusted Muslims that live in the West outside the control of the more fundamental and dogmatic versions.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

Just looked this up and saw nothing about this being related to Muslim immigrants in several reports. It appears the child found the grenade on a firing range.

www.thelocal.se/20190911/panic-at-swedish-pre-school-after-child-brings-grenade-to-class/amp

What makes you assume this is related to Muslim immigrants?

Bob Jones

Prove It!
Over the weekend a large blast occurred in the Swedish city of Lund which resulted in the injury of a woman who as walking by the store where the explosion happened.