• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is a Muslim Wedding Ceremony done

Rotcha

I know how Churches do it. But what is the usual rules for a Mosque (assuming it is used for weddings) to do it.

Matemkar

In the name of Allah. Salam.

The wedding ceremony changes according to different cultures mostly. And it is not usually held in a mosque. But, the things that never change are the Islamic requirements of the marriage, such as; Mahr (gifts), Sigha (wording, i.e. the woman says "I have given myself to you" and the man accepts it. Ot the Sheikh/Imam words it and both accepts it, as in saying "yes"), and there you go :) The rest, is usually determined by the culture.

You can study Islamic Marriage here: Islamic Marriage | Books on Islam and Muslims | Al-Islam.org

Thanks. ma salam

Last edited:

Rotcha

Thank you. That sounds pretty fun ^^
Its like you can make your own marriage in a way. I was watching this Lebanese wedding. Seems pretty cool.
[youtube]nFYmqLIGHYs[/youtube]

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The most important thing is the marriage contract which need be done either in a mosque, court, office, home as someone chooses, and the wedding ceremony itself depend on the culture. That's why it differ from a country to another.