• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

how is a bucket hat supposed to fit?

satyaroop

maybe this is an odd question...

I bought a bucket hat online, I'm not sure how it's supposed to fit - snug or loose
I came across this bit of info online -
A hat should not slide around or slip off during motions such as shaking or nodding the head or tilting the head sideways, forward, or backward. On the other hand, the hat should not be uncomfortably tight or leave an indentation in the forehead when it is removed.
it doesn't slip off while nodding or tilting my head sideways but if I bend my head completely while standing with the crown of my head facing the ground, it does slip off
does this mean it's too loose for me or is that the way it's supposed to be?

Jedster

I bought a bucket hat online, I'm not sure how it's supposed to fit - snug or loose
it doesn't slip off while nodding or tilting my head sideways but if I bend my head completely while standing with the crown of my head facing the ground, it does slip off

Many years ago I used to wear one, but never tried to bend my head so much that my crrown is facing the ground.
Wouldn't that result in a broken neck?:eek:...or did you mean something else.?:)

If you meant bending your head to the maximum, i.e. your chin is touching your chest, then if your hat does slip off, it is too big. You can have it made smaller.
In fact, I recently had a hat, that someone gave me, sized down. A very easy job for a milliner.

satyaroop

Many years ago I used to wear one, but never tried to bend my head so much that my crrown is facing the ground.
Wouldn't that result in a broken neck?:eek:...or did you mean something else.?:)

If you meant bending your head to the maximum, i.e. your chin is touching your chest, then if your hat does slip off, it is too big. You can have it made smaller.
In fact, I recently had a hat, that someone gave me, sized down. A very easy job for a milliner.

what I meant was, if I bend down, the hat will probably slip off
thanks for replying

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I've had many such hats.
It took me much experimentation to find the right hat & fit.
It sounds like yours fits, but you need a cinch system to
deal with wind & physical activity.
I prefer cords which come down in the back. It works well
& it 's the least annoying.