• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How ironic was your day?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
This afternoon I was really, really rude to a Pharmacist for taking too long, mostly because I haven't had a decent night's sleep in a week and I tend to turn into a grade a jerk when I'm sleep deprived.

Irony: I was there to pick up my sleeping meds.

If I get a decent nights sleep tonight I'm going to go back and apologize tomorrow.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I admire your willingness to apologize to the pharmacist, @Quagmire. Being concerned with other people's feelings seems so rare. Hat's off to you, Rick!

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I admire your willingness to apologize to the pharmacist, @Quagmire. Being concerned with other people's feelings seems so rare. Hat's off to you, Rick!

Thanks Phil, but I'm mostly doing it because, hey, I get drugs from this person. :D

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I dealt with some scrap iron today, but very little of it.

One does not simply "deal" with scrap iron!
upload_2019-7-30_17-14-28.jpeg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
This afternoon I was really, really rude to a Pharmacist for taking too long, mostly because I haven't had a decent night's sleep in a week and I tend to turn into a grade a jerk when I'm sleep deprived.

If I get a decent nights sleep tonight I'm going to go back and apologize tomorrow.

I can sure relate - sleep-deprivation can do amazing things to your disposition - it is used as a torture in some unfortunate situations.

I like this concept from Pema Chodron -

Slide29-973x511.jpg

At least be thankful you have enough insight to recognise "jerky" behaviour in yourself!

Hope the apology goes well.

Cheers!

BSM1

What? Me worry?

...and wouldn't be ironic if your pharmacist oversleeps tomorrow...

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I can sure relate - sleep-deprivation can do amazing things to your disposition - it is used as a torture in some unfortunate situations.

I like this concept from Pema Chodron -

Slide29-973x511.jpg

At least be thankful you have enough insight to recognise "jerky" behaviour in yourself!

Hope the apology goes well.

Cheers!

Thanks, and cool! Maybe she learned something from me today then. :p

Three hail Marys and "No soup for you!"

And they say the Inquisition is over. :oops:

...and wouldn't be ironic if your pharmacist oversleeps tomorrow...

It would give me an out. In that case I'll just apologize to the pharmacist who's there and let them sort it out.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member

This customer was a jerk to me. Looked like he hadn't slept in three days too. Even his monkey looked tired. Funny thing is, he was at my pharmacy to pick up medicine to help him sleep. I put Tic Tacs in the bottle instead of his medicine. Told him they were a new mint-flavored medicine the manufacturer was trying out.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member

I have sleep apnea and allergies. The CPAP helps except when my allergies kick in. It is tough getting through the day when I have been sleep deprived. Still, since I got the CPAP, my mood has changed remarkably for the better.