• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Important Is Your Religious or Spiritual Practice in Your Day-to-Day Life?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
What if your circumstances changed and your daily routine was significantly disrupted? What if a job or career took the time you dedicated to jogging, walking, and floor exercise?

I actually was thinking of that while doing my resume today. I have more free time than many since I don't have children, live alone, and not in school. I'd have to change my hours. I worked this morning at 8 and that when I usually go out to run. I went out at 6am got back an hour with an hour to get ready. I don't think it's hard once you have the discipline and know your limits.

If I had children that would be harder. Though some find raising children part of their spirituality so it fits in naturally among other bills etc they need done.

I thought I was going blind for two some odd years. That changed my view on how much I depend on my eyes to make up for what I can't understand by language processing issues. Spiritually can manifest within that we take for granted.

There are many ways to incorporate spirituality in daily life. Maybe rituals we harder to do. I tried that but didn't have the same input as I do with my art and exercising. So I think some of us can't do the traditional practices.

Vee

Premium Member
How do you balance your religious/spiritual practice with your day-to-day life?

Sometimes well, other times, badly if I'm being totally honest. Time management is not one of my strengths. I try to manage my time according to the importance of each task. If I can't to everything I'm supposed to do I want to make sure that I do at least the more important things.
Spiritual practice requires concentration and dedication, but there isn't a specific rule for the amount of time required every day. If I have more time I do more, if I have less time or energy, I do less. The most important is to keep going and don't give up.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I recall as a child growing up in a cafeteria Catholic family that we made it to church every Sunday unless it interfered with mundane tasks such as home improvement, planting a garden, etc.''

My recent promotion has interfered with my daily routine, though I have made it a point to reserve some time to do what I feel is important.

I just think it's important to remember that faith without works is dead.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I recall as a child growing up in a cafeteria Catholic family that we made it to church every Sunday unless it interfered with mundane tasks such as home improvement, planting a garden, etc.''

My recent promotion has interfered with my daily routine, though I have made it a point to reserve some time to do what I feel is important.

Putting spiritual things first, I find, allows me to find the perfect balance, because by making spiritual things the priority, I find everything else falls into place nicely.... just as Jesus said they would.
Matthew 6:24-34

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I read the Baha'i Writings every morning. Then at 5:00 every day unless I have to change that plan I say my daily obligatory prayer, and say the greatest name 95 times, followed by reading of the Writings again, then I meditate on loving people for 24 minutes, which is a recent development which I may change in the future. In addition I apply the morals, principles and spirituality to my life. I have plenty of time to do this since I am retired. But because I am retired I unfortunately am not able to apply this as much.

Sakeenah

My religious practices are part of my day-to-day life. I try to pray my 5 daily prayers on time during the day, that way I start my day with a spiritual practice , and the last prayer I pray just before I go to bed. Throughout the day I try to be mindful of God by reflecting, saying small prayers, thanking God etc.

sealchan

My spiritual practice is like the Beatitudes or the Eightfold path. In everything I do there is the opportunity to succeed or fail to uphold my spiritual practice.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
There's a difference?

To many, yes, as is evidenced in this very thread.

While I incorporate my convictions, knowledge, and wisdom into my day-to-day, for me, time constraints resulting from outside interference have the potential to cut into meditative practice (i.e. the phone ringing, having to put out a 'fire' at one of the restaurants, etc.).