• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How important are sahih hadiths in Islam?

TG123456

Salaam Alaikum,

I have been reading and watching various discussions and debates between Muslims, those who accept only the Quran as authoritative, and those who believe that to be a Muslim one must accept along with the Quran, the teachings and practices of Muhammad which are found in sahih hadiths.

I am curious what do Muslims on this forum think about this. I know the Quran is an integral part of Islam, but what about the hadiths? Can one reject them and still remain a Muslim? Or does accepting them mean that one is adding to the Quran, and becomes an innovator, as the Quranist Muslims claim?

Curious to hear people's thoughts on this.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
How important are sahih hadiths in Islam?

The signification of classification of sahih is only with respect to the chain of narration of a hadith; it will be sahih for action and to be followed only if its contents don't differ/contradict with Quran.

If its contents differ with Quran then it must not be followed.

Regards

TG123456

Thanks, paarsurrey. If the hadith has a sahih chain of narration and does not contradict the Quran, is it safe to assume it is a record of what Muhammad said?