• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How I think the spirit world may be

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm writing this out mainly for future references and to share my thoughts with @Sgt. Pepper , but others can respond too, of course. I have the following ideas about what may happen after a person dies, and my thoughts will be split into two stages, and I'm posting this in a non-debates board:

Stage 1

A spirit is thrust into a very large and complex spirit world without much direction. There are many things that can happen depending on where a spirit chooses to travel next. After this spirit enters the spirit world, I believe that a portal is opened near them temporarily to what I'll call The Great Beyond. Upon entering the portal, the spirit may in some cases enter a small period of unlearning and re-education, and go to Stage 2.

However, the portal is temporarily opened which leads to the Great Beyond, and I believe that this portal that was formed is only open for 48-72 hours, then it closes. And that the spirits may be pushed to enter it, but that it's up to them, and they aren't told ahead that it will close. And the spirits can become distracted, and not end up entering it before it closes.

Stage 2

This is where the spirits meet gods and higher powers, upon entering the portal to the Great Beyond. Then the spirit in some cases, has a choice whether to merge with the infinity and become one, or whether to be reincarnated, and in some cases, there may be additional options.

This is just what I think, and I'm not asserting it as fact. But it will be interesting to see what others think, too. Or if anyone has a similar idea about things.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I don't know what the fundamental and foundational reality is going to be like. I speculate about it a lot.

I consider our current reality to be emergent from a root reality where consciousness is the vessel of the soul, and exists in an infinite sea of non living intelligences, and living entities that spawn life from eternal root sources. For that reality to be meaningful it must possess infinite memory that is permanent, and have an ethereal environment to dwell in; some kind of spiritual stuff must exist that is both living and non living essences.

This reality could be some kind of failed program that evolves along with the spiritual dimension. Life is an algorithm that emerges by way of spiritual necessity and purposes only in opportune places.

Life on earth is some sort of desperate cosmic imperative. Whomever programmed life to emerge on earth must be vastly intelligent in ways that are alien to us.

The program builds on its successes and learns from its failures.

Life has physical constraints in our reality and creation happens within natural constraints.

I think the physical reality is most problematic to spiritual purposes and is the most pressing challenge to life. There might be an infinite amount of alien intelligences out there both living and nonliving.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've been looking through previous threads which @Sgt. Pepper kindly linked me to in another thread. It appears that she believes that spirits can come and go between planes. That's not something I have sensed for myself in my meditations, but I am well open to the idea, and I at least agree that there may be some form of interlap between planes.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I'm writing this out mainly for future references and to share my thoughts with @Sgt. Pepper , but others can respond too, of course. I have the following ideas about what may happen after a person dies, and my thoughts will be split into two stages, and I'm posting this in a non-debates board:

Stage 1

A spirit is thrust into a very large and complex spirit world without much direction. There are many things that can happen depending on where a spirit chooses to travel next. After this spirit enters the spirit world, I believe that a portal is opened near them temporarily to what I'll call The Great Beyond. Upon entering the portal, the spirit may in some cases enter a small period of unlearning and re-education, and go to Stage 2.

However, the portal is temporarily opened which leads to the Great Beyond, and I believe that this portal that was formed is only open for 48-72 hours, then it closes. And that the spirits may be pushed to enter it, but that it's up to them, and they aren't told ahead that it will close. And the spirits can become distracted, and not end up entering it before it closes.

Stage 2

This is where the spirits meet gods and higher powers, upon entering the portal to the Great Beyond. Then the spirit in some cases, has a choice whether to merge with the infinity and become one, or whether to be reincarnated, and in some cases, there may be additional options.

This is just what I think, and I'm not asserting it as fact. But it will be interesting to see what others think, too. Or if anyone has a similar idea about things.
If we knew the truth, would that not set us free from ideas, or thoughts that just leaves us where we were before... only wondering even more, if our speculations are right?

It makes sense that someone who does not want us to know, would try to keep us in the dark, and lost in a world of confusion... or worst, lies - misleading ideas.

On the other hand, a God who cares - who actually made us, and knows full well the truth about the dead, would not hide that truth, and leave us on our own, to be confused, or misled.

God reveals the truth about the dead. Isn't that so?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I've been looking through previous threads which @Sgt. Pepper kindly linked me to in another thread. It appears that she believes that spirits can come and go between planes. That's not something I have sensed for myself in my meditations, but I am well open to the idea, and I at least agree that there may be some form of interlap between planes.

Yes, that has been my experience as a medium.