• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How I lost 40 pounds

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
You have to find what works for you but:

I found it seemed like I was slimming down by drinking a bit more water than my usual 24-32 oz a day. And another reason myself drinking a bit more water caused me to slim was it started to replace Gatorade and soda and also made me feel fuller.

The other thing is that I started to realize my metabolism was like a rolling snowball, capable of getting larger on its own, but that it was like a snowball that lies dormant until you get it rolling. What I mean by this is it's easy to get in a self-defeating attitude of saying "It took me 3 weeks to lose 2 pounds and it was hard. How can I possibly lose another 4?" The mindset and reality for me turned out to have to be, that losing weight does seem to really boost my metabolism, rather than restrict it, so again it's like a rolling snowball. And I am actually further saying that losing the first 10 is harder usually than losing the next 10.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Another thing you can do is cut down on pizza if you eat significant amounts. The calories add up tremendously with some normal pizzas and they also contain large amounts of sodium.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
You can also let yourself get super stressed out, or expose yourself to things that cause you to lose your appetite on a regular basis.

Not what I recommend... but, technically, it works...

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Pizza, bread products, soda (and more soda), fast foods, pretty much everything in the middle of the grocery store is pretty much bad for you. I noticed when I started taking all that out my diet there's really not much to eat in the store if you want to get something real quick without needing to cook it. Exercise does balance the weight loss as well. I'm at a healthy weight just would like to loose this stomach.