• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How has the Covid-19 pandemic affected you personally?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Hmm, in your situation I would still be inclined to see if a neighbour might agree to do it for you. That is what is recommended in the UK for those households that are deemed to be "at risk", which yours certainly is, by the sound of it.
Thanks, I tried to get my husband to stay in the car but he wanted to come in the store. I am over 60 but not really at risk given I have no health conditions. The major grocery stores do deliver groceries to your door here and many restaurants are also delivering food now, so that is also an option.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Although france has got the virus pretty badly we live in a department that is not badly hit. So far less than 1 case per 100k residents. Still we must abide by the emergency regulations and help keep it that way

We are housebound except for shopping for essentially supplied and medications (only only one family member to travel to shops shops) and one hours exercise per day within 1km of home, not in groups but you can walk with people living in your household.

The children have one hour TV schooling per day via France 4 (public television. And are in email contact with their respective teachers who sets them a few problems to investigate or a reading assignment. Other than that, having 3 kids with cabin fever is no picnic.

In 10 minutes we well be off for our exercise, the sun in shining but its not too hot so good walking weather.

Apart from that the house has never been so clean, we are trying some different recipes, not had time for boredom to set in properly, just too busy, i have not been had much chance to pick up a book

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So far. "We've only just begun"
Your karaoke tune for tonite's party?
Anyway, the shut down is so far not as bad the crash for me.
- Loans are readily available, & at great interest rates.
- Construction employment is strong (here at least).
- Vacancy rates aren't rising.
- Commercial tenants are staying in business.

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
The "biggest" problem I have is the fact that I can't attend meetings of my religious community. I'm still working as my business is considered basic supplies. However, in times like these, I wouldn't want to be a shop owner.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
It might be affecting me for the better, in not relying on supermarkets so much. The queues are not such a bother if one gets in early but plenty of small shops will have what I want, are often empty so less risks involved, and if I can find a reliable source of frozen food then I can survive OK. Also, I will start using my bike, so less risks using public transport - infrequent as it is. So a bit of exercise and fewer risks - which can't be bad. :D