• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How God’s Kingdom Will Come—Not What You Think!

WhyIsThatSo

No, it points to a creator who who designed a physical world with suffering as an inbuilt feature.
Thus we can assume that the creator had a purpose for creating a world that had suffering in it.

I do not like it anymore than you do but there will be no more suffering in the spiritual world IF we played our cards right in this world.

There are not two Gods, one of the OT and one of the NT, so you have to somehow reconcile the scriptures.
My explanation is that God was speaking to a different kind of people against the backdrop of a different world when the in the OT was revealed, so God treated them differently.

If you are in the habit of "assuming" things, then you go right ahead. I don't assume anything, I "know". This is the fundamental difference between orthodox Christians and gnostic Christians. This is what "gnostic" means, to "know". Jesus was gnostic and all the apostles too.
Gnosticism in general was the prevailing way of thought long before there was anything that resembled a "Christian church ".

The Roman Empire usurped the authority that Christ gave to His followers and turned it into a State Religion that they could use
to control the masses. Giving absolute religious "power" (authority) to a "Papacy" (hired thugs), it in turn enslaved the masses with their
dogma (cannon), threatening "eternal damnation" (hell fire) against anyone who would not submit to their dogma . If a person wanted
to be "saved" ( according to their "salvation" dogma ), the person had to pay . It was nothing but a legalized extortion racket.
THEN, AND TODAY STILL, 2000 years later.

And they were allowed to do this BECAUSE the God of the OT is a usurper as well, and is the one behind it all. Just as he is
in all human worldly affairs.....especially when it comes to "religion". All 3 Abrahamic faiths ( Judaism , Christianity, Islam )
today are the SCOURGE OF THE EARTH. They have caused more pain , suffering and death than ANY amount of war .

And please, do tell me the "purpose" for a world where every living thing MUST KILL another living thing, just to stay alive ?
If you can " assume" as much .

Last edited:

WhyIsThatSo

Ah yes, believing what you want to believe I see. But you are overlooking this:

Matthew 5:17

The Fulfillment of the Law

17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

No, I don't "overlook" anything......I look INTO it .
There is no fault in the "law", and it was given for our good. Just as Paul described in Romans 3:19-20.
He tells us that the law is for the "lawless", those people who have not come to know the true God and Father.
Every person does not have the "Spirit of God", but the spirit of this world ( the spirit of the god that created it ).
As such, they have "no law" written in their "hearts" ( in their minds, in their spirits )….this is what it means to be "LAWLESS" .
Void of the Spirit of God, they have no "fruits" of the Spirit. "Fruits" are what you "produce"...the effects ( good or bad )
that the choices you make everyday have on others. And "self control" is just one of those "fruits of the Spirit".

Jesus DID "fulfill" the law...….He "filled it up",
HE...The Christ.....the Spirit of the Living God, when HE is "IN" a person, when He "FILLS" that person....
that person CANNOT "SIN" . Just as Paul went on to describe in his letter to Timothy in Romans.

" Whoever is born of God does not commit sin, because His seed (God's seed is the Christ (Jesus) ) remains IN him (the person),
and he (the person) CANNOT SIN, because he is born of God ( the TRUE GOD …..the FATHER )
( 1 John 3:9 )

Audie

Veteran Member
If you are in the habit of "assuming" things, then you go right ahead. I don't assume anything, I "know". This is the fundamental difference between orthodox Christians and gnostic Christians. This is what "gnostic" means, to "know". Jesus was gnostic and all the apostles too.
Gnosticism in general was the prevailing way of thought long before there was anything that resembled a "Christian church ".

The Roman Empire usurped the authority that Christ gave to His followers and turned it into a State Religion that they could use
to control the masses. Giving absolute religious "power" (authority) to a "Papacy" (hired thugs), it in turn enslaved the masses with their
dogma (cannon), threatening "eternal damnation" (hell fire) against anyone who would not submit to their dogma . If a person wanted
to be "saved" ( according to their "salvation" dogma ), the person had to pay . It was nothing but a legalized extortion racket.
THEN, AND TODAY STILL, 2000 years later.

And they were allowed to do this BECAUSE the God of the OT is a usurper as well, and is the one behind it all. Just as he is
in all human worldly affairs.....especially when it comes to "religion". All 3 Abrahamic faiths ( Judaism , Christianity, Islam )
today are the SCOURGE OF THE EARTH. They have caused more pain , suffering and death than ANY amount of war .

And please, do tell me the "purpose" for a world where every living thing MUST KILL another living thing, just to stay alive ?
If you can " assume" as much .

You assume that you know. We call that
"assuming facts not in evidence".

In the video David C. Pack says that Jesus will build the Kingdom of God on earth, but Jesus never said He was going to return to earth to build the Kingdom of God.

Those who know anything of the Bible know that Jesus never promised to return, not once in the New Testament. ...

I think you are very wrong.

For the Son of Man will come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then he will render to everyone according to his deeds.
Matt. 16:27

And about the kingdom. Jesus is the king, for example for me. People who keep Jesus as their king, form a kingdom. But it is not similar kingdom to those that exists on earth, because:

Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, then my servants would fight, that I wouldn't be delivered to the Jews. But now my kingdom is not from here."
John 18:36

WhyIsThatSo

You assume that you know. We call that
"assuming facts not in evidence".

"History" ( His Story ) speaks for itself. TRUE historical facts do not change. Fallible and corrupt human beings in
positions of power (authority) with selfish ulterior motives "change" it. And they use whatever means necessary to
"hide" (cover up) the TRUE evidence. But they cannot "erase" it from the hearts and minds of those that experience it.

I guess you've never heard the quote : "History is written by the victors". It implies that history , as we are taught it, is not grounded
in facts, rather it's the winner's ( of war ) interpretation of them that prevails. The victors can force their narrative down on the people,
because they are the ones who determine what we know as "history". in the first place. Like the garbage you learn in "World History"
class in "school".

Oh sure, if one doesn't care one way or the other what the TRUE history is concerning anything, and they just "assume" that
what they are being taught is true, then they will forever be "in the dark". And when they do happen to come across some
version of "history" that they have never heard before, the first reaction is one of rejection, naturally.

Because it throws a monkey wrench into their little "world view" that they have grown "comfortable" with.
And God forbid that they be forced to think about …..or should I say RE-think, about their position in life ,
and everything they "think" they know.

WhyIsThatSo

For the Son of Man will come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then he will render to everyone according to his deeds.

And about the kingdom. Jesus is the king, for example for me. People who keep Jesus as their king, form a kingdom. But it is not similar kingdom to those that exists on earth, because:

Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, then my servants would fight, that I wouldn't be delivered to the Jews. But now my kingdom is not from here."

That's correct....He comes to those who seek Him, those who TRULY seek Him. That's when the "door is opened" .
"Look, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me " ( Revelation 3:20)

You start with a scripture you don't really understand ( but of course you will not admit this ), and then you end with a scripture that
reinforces what I am saying. Are you confused ?

Audie

Veteran Member
"History" ( His Story ) speaks for itself. TRUE historical facts do not change. Fallible and corrupt human beings in
positions of power (authority) with selfish ulterior motives "change" it. And they use whatever means necessary to
"hide" (cover up) the TRUE evidence. But they cannot "erase" it from the hearts and minds of those that experience it.

I guess you've never heard the quote : "History is written by the victors". It implies that history , as we are taught it, is not grounded
in facts, rather it's the winner's ( of war ) interpretation of them that prevails. The victors can force their narrative down on the people,
because they are the ones who determine what we know as "history". in the first place. Like the garbage you learn in "World History"
class in "school".

Oh sure, if one doesn't care one way or the other what the TRUE history is concerning anything, and they just "assume" that
what they are being taught is true, then they will forever be "in the dark". And when they do happen to come across some
version of "history" that they have never heard before, the first reaction is one of rejection, naturally.

Because it throws a monkey wrench into their little "world view" that they have grown "comfortable" with.
And God forbid that they be forced to think about …..or should I say RE-think, about their position in life ,
and everything they "think" they know.

I suppose are talking about "Christians" who are all afraid
to really look at their beliefs.
The more fundamentalist, the more so.

In any case, the spray of irrelevance you offer in
response to my quite accurate observation
about your claim tends only to underline
that your assumption of what you know is as
I said-assumption facts not in evidence.

Audie

Veteran Member
Th

You start with a scripture you don't really understand ( but of course you will not admit this ),
and then you end with a scripture that

No confusion at all in that.
It is what every xian says about every different readin'
of scrip that they come up with.

WhyIsThatSo

That's correct....He comes to those who seek Him, those who TRULY seek Him. That's when the "door is opened" .
"Look, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me " ( Revelation 3:20)

You start with a scripture you don't really understand ( but of course you will not admit this ), and then you end with a scripture that

To "eat with Him" means He is IN you.....and the words you speak concerning Him..... ARE HIS WORDS...
just as I am doing right now.
He "renders to me according to what I have done in seeking Him. To some He gives a little TRUTH, to others He gives a LOT of TRUTH.
This is the meaning of the parables dealing with the different "measures" (quantities), like the sowing of the "seed " , etc.
I have an "abundance" ( more than I need actually ).

WhyIsThatSo

I suppose are talking about "Christians" who are all afraid
to really look at their beliefs.
The more fundamentalist, the more so.

In any case, the spray of irrelevance you offer in
response to my quite accurate observation
about your claim tends only to underline
that your assumption of what you know is as
I said-assumption facts not in evidence.

Yes, of course...….and Columbus discovered America too. ( turning head slowly, rolling eyes ).

Audie

Veteran Member
Yes, of course...….and Columbus discovered America too. ( turning head slowly, rolling eyes ).

Never mind. In view of your demonstrated incapacity to
say anything responsive, its best you just continue
to answer your own posts.

WhyIsThatSo

No confusion at all in that.
It is what every xian says about every different readin'
of scrip that they come up with.

And this from someone who has never cracked a page of scripture before.....
interesting, but of no value.
Never mind. In view of your demonstrated incapacity to
say anything responsive, its best you just continue
to answer your own posts.

and, so be it

nPeace

Veteran Member
Please do not lump me with the other Baha'is. That is not why I started this thread. I started it because Jesus never promised to return and I believe that this teaching is the biggest lie that Christianity has ever heaped upon Christians, and it has caused so much damage because it had had Christians waiting for a Jesus that is never going to return. Meanwhile, the world goes to hell while they wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait.

I know enough of the Bible to know that Jesus never said he was returning. Moreover, I have been posting to Christians about the return of Christ for seven years, so if they had any verses where Jesus said He was returning I would have seen them by now. The verses just are not there. Instead we have verses where Jesus says His work is finished here and He is no longer in the world.
I suggest you don't know enough about the Bible.
I also suggest the reason you never see the scriptures, is because you ignore them, and the posts containing them.
I suggest that after ignoring them, you then proceed to quote only the verses that you want to.Thus deciding which scriptures are valid to your beliefs, and which are not.

WhyIsThatSo

To "eat with Him" means He is IN you.....and the words you speak concerning Him..... ARE HIS WORDS...
just as I am doing right now.
He "renders to me according to what I have done in seeking Him. To some He gives a little TRUTH, to others He gives a LOT of TRUTH.
This is the meaning of the parables dealing with the different "measures" (quantities), like the sowing of the "seed " , etc.
I have an "abundance" ( more than I need actually ).

The "door" is the one to your "heart" (MIND)..
A closed minded person can never know the Truth, because they are not "open" to it.
This means you have to "forget" everything you have been taught in this world of LIES,
and "REPENT" ( the Greek word is "metanoeo", and it means to change the way you think, LITERALLY ).
and has NOTHING to do with feeling guilty for some perceived wrong doing. This false notion is "church dogma".

And the "god of this world" mentioned in 2 Corinthians , that has blinded the minds of people so that they cannot see
the light of the gospel of Christ.....is the Old Testament God (YHWH, Jehovah, etc.) This is His world, and the 3 faiths of Abraham today
( Judaism, Christianity, Islam ) are His "religions". This is HOW He has blinded the minds of people.

" In whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them that believe not, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel
of the glory of Christ who is the image of God ( the Father ) " ( 2 Corinthians 4:4 )

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Yes, 'his kingdom is Not of this world' because it is located in Heaven - the Jerusalem 'above' - Galatians 4:26.
Yes, Jesus will be with 'angelic armies' according to Revelation 19:14-16.
Angels and Not humans will be doing any of the fighting for and with Jesus.
The 'executional words' from Jesus' mouth will rid the Earth of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4.
The ' render to everyone according to their deeds ' will come at the separating time on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33.
Jesus will be King of God's Kingdom (Daniel 2:44) for a thousand years - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26.

WhyIsThatSo

Yes, 'his kingdom is Not of this world' because it is located in Heaven - the Jerusalem 'above' - Galatians 4:26.
Yes, Jesus will be with 'angelic armies' according to Revelation 19:14-16.
Angels and Not humans will be doing any of the fighting for and with Jesus.
The 'executional words' from Jesus' mouth will rid the Earth of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4.
The ' render to everyone according to their deeds ' will come at the separating time on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33.
Jesus will be King of God's Kingdom (Daniel 2:44) for a thousand years - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26.

Would you like to take the time to understand the TRUTH of these scriptures you have presented, one by one...
or would you rather me leave you to your delusion ?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
According to Bible the future KOG is permanent justice, peace and joy. First among the people of Israel then people of all nations. Israel's hope was a restoration of David's kingdom and heaven on earth... A Messiah will usher in this kingdom... In the times of Jesus people were in expectation and wondered who might be the Messiah.

Jesus was announcing the near coming of Kingdom. Repentance is the preparation for this because not all will enter/inherit the Kingdom. It will be like at the time of harvest when the cultivated plants are expected to bear fruits. "Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes." (Luke 12:37) "Bear fruit in keeping with repentance." (Matthew 3:8)

But the Kingdom didn't come. Not soon not later. So there were different explanations...
I believe that he Bible is right. The Kingdom of God will be is permanent justice, peace and joy.
The Messiah will usher in this kingdom...

I believe the Kingdom will include people of all nations. I do not believe in Israel's hope, that the Kingdom will be a restoration of David's kingdom or that the Kingdom will come first among the people of Israel. I believe that first there will be a sifting, a separating of wheat from tares, but eventually everyone will enter the Kingdom and the whole world will be united in peace and harmony. Nobody will be cast out of God's Kingdom.
In the times of Jesus people were in expectation and wondered who might be the Messiah.
Were they wondering? I always thought that Christians expected Jesus would be the Messiah, although the Jews did not know who the Messiah would be.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Would you like to take the time to understand the TRUTH of these scriptures you have presented, one by one...
or would you rather me leave you to your delusion ?
There is No delusion about the coming time of 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3.
The powers that be will be saying, " Peace and Security..."
But that saying will prove false, only prove to be the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9

WhyIsThatSo

There is No delusion about the coming time of 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3.
The powers that be will be saying, " Peace and Security..."
But that saying will prove false, only prove to be the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9

I take that as a no. But if you ever do want the truth,
follow me.