• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How God’s Kingdom Will Come—Not What You Think!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The "Kingdom of God" has absolutely nothing to do with any kind of government on this earth. Whether it's inaugurated by Jesus Himself or anyone else.
It is a Baha'i belief that the Kingdom of God is on earth as it is in heaven

"God leaves it to the people to build and champion His kingdom upon the Earth......
The Book of Certitude and other Baha’i Writings portray a vision of the Kingdom of God that concerns both the inner life of the soul and the social order that embraces all people."

Where Can We Find the Kingdom of God?

If you read the article above you will understand what I believe.
He came to tell us that the God of the Old Testament is not the true God, but a usurper, an imposter deity.
Who created this physical universe of matter to trap and enslave us spirits here.
Our real home is with the "Father" ( the True God ), in His "Kingdom" ….which is just a way of saying His "heaven" or "realm".
I believe there is only one true God, the God created this physical universe of matter as well as the heavens and everything in existence. We have to traverse this earthly realm in order to acquire spiritual perfections so we will be prepared for our existence in the spiritual realm where we will spend eternity.
Where we are perfect divine eternal spirit beings already, and we live in perfect peace and harmony.
I do not believe that we are born perfect, but rather that we gave to perfect ourselves throughout life.
All the parables are given to tell us how to get back home.
If you can understand the parables of the "seed", you will unlock ALL the parables that reveal the way home to the "Kingdom of God "
This is why Jesus was crucified (murdered), and why most of His early true followers were as well.

So," whoever has ears to hear, let them hear "
I believe that all souls return to God (get back home) because that is God's ultimate purpose for us, but we cannot leave this earth before our predestined time.

“And now concerning thy question regarding the soul of man and its survival after death. Know thou of a truth that the soul, after its separation from the body, will continue to progress until it attaineth the presence of God, in a state and condition which neither the revolution of ages and centuries, nor the changes and chances of this world, can alter. It will endure as long as the Kingdom of God, His sovereignty, His dominion and power will endure. It will manifest the signs of God and His attributes, and will reveal His loving kindness and bounty.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 155-156

“If it be faithful to God, it will reflect His light, and will, eventually, return unto Him.Gleanings, p. 159

“Blessed is the soul which, at the hour of its separation from the body, is sanctified from the vain imaginings of the peoples of the world….” Gleanings, p. 156

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So Christians interpret their own Scriptures to show how it is Jesus coming back.
They cannot show that without making a liar out of Jesus because Jesus point blank said that His work was finished here and He was no more in the world (John 17:4, John 17:11).

So all they have are the teachings of the Church that say that Jesus is coming back.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
could you show more clearly how the "Return" happened three times since Jesus, Muhammad, The Bab, and then Baha'u'llah? You might as well repeat the one about the "Three Woes" and the "Two Witnesses" since some of the readers here might not have heard them. But, especially for Muhammad, what else do Baha'is point in the Bible to show he is the "Christ", "Messiah" that was promised to come right after Jesus. Then, how after him there was promised the "Twin" manifestations of The Bab and Baha'u'llah.
The purpose of this thread was not to show that Baha'u'llah was the return if Christ. The purpose was to point out that Jesus never said He was going to return to earth to build the Kingdom of God.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
What is your interpretation of "The Lamb that was slain" and "The Lamb of God" and similar things used in the Book of Revelation. Of course Christians say that is Jesus, but who do Baha'is say it is referring to? I have heard one Baha'is' guesses, so I like to hear what you think. And, is yours an "official" Baha'i belief or just your personal guesses?
I do not know if there is an official Baha'i belief on that. I would say the Lamb that was slain is in Revelations was Jesus, but I do not know the Book of Revelation very well.

Speaking of sacrificial lambs, you might want to read this article:

How Many Sacrificial Lambs?

The sacrificial lamb of the Babi Faith was the Bab himself. Like Jesus, the Bab’s period of ministry was very short—just six years. He was only thirty when, in 1850, he was put to death by a firing squad of seven hundred and fifty men in Tabriz, Iran. In the wake of his death, hundreds of recent converts followed his example by being tortured or killed rather than renounce their new faith.

In the Baha’i Faith, one could cite any number of people who have been martyred in the years since Baha’u’llah died, sacrificing their lives like the ram/lamb. One of the most poignant examples, however, lies in the way that Mirza Mihdi, the youngest son of Baha’u’llah, offered his own life as a ransom with a specific purpose.

WhyIsThatSo

It is a Baha'i belief that the Kingdom of God is on earth as it is in heaven

"God leaves it to the people to build and champion His kingdom upon the Earth......
The Book of Certitude and other Baha’i Writings portray a vision of the Kingdom of God that concerns both the inner life of the soul and the social order that embraces all people."

If you read the article above you will understand what I believe.

I believe there is only one true God, the God created this physical universe of matter as well as the heavens and everything in existence. We have to traverse this earthly realm in order to acquire spiritual perfections so we will be prepared for our existence in the spiritual realm where we will spend eternity.

I do not believe that we are born perfect, but rather that we gave to perfect ourselves throughout life.

I believe that all souls return to God (get back home) because that is God's ultimate purpose for us, but we cannot leave this earth before our predestined time.

“And now concerning thy question regarding the soul of man and its survival after death. Know thou of a truth that the soul, after its separation from the body, will continue to progress until it attaineth the presence of God, in a state and condition which neither the revolution of ages and centuries, nor the changes and chances of this world, can alter. It will endure as long as the Kingdom of God, His sovereignty, His dominion and power will endure. It will manifest the signs of God and His attributes, and will reveal His loving kindness and bounty.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 155-156

“If it be faithful to God, it will reflect His light, and will, eventually, return unto Him.Gleanings, p. 159

“Blessed is the soul which, at the hour of its separation from the body, is sanctified from the vain imaginings of the peoples of the world….” Gleanings, p. 156

This physical creation is a realm of suffering and death, for every living creature in it. It has always been this way because it
was created this way.....flawed, imperfect, corrupt . This truth alone points to a flawed and imperfect "creator". Not to mention
the very scriptures you profess to know tell you this .

" For the creation was subjected to FUTILITY, not willingly, but because of "him" who subjected it in hope
that the creation itself will be liberated from it's BONDAGE to decay, and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God" (Roman 8:20-21)

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist , for anyone who has seriously studied the Christian/Hebrew scriptures , to see that there is
an insurmountable difference between the God of the OT and the God of the Christ in the NT.
There are many "atheist" here in this forum, and I would bet that some are so for this very reason. As they cannot reconcile the
two. And without knowledge, throw the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
the kingdom is hidden within you

it is found in the way you think
the way you feel
the way you dream

and you could end up alone in that place

perhaps you think....
anyone else might walk with you ?
in your kingdom?

Last edited:

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
This physical creation is a realm of suffering and death, for every living creature in it. It has always been this way because it
was created this way.....flawed, imperfect, corrupt . This truth alone points to a flawed and imperfect "creator". Not to mention
the very scriptures you profess to know tell you this .

" For the creation was subjected to FUTILITY, not willingly, but because of "him" who subjected it in hope
that the creation itself will be liberated from it's BONDAGE to decay, and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God" (Roman 8:20-21)

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist , for anyone who has seriously studied the Christian/Hebrew scriptures , to see that there is
an insurmountable difference between the God of the OT and the God of the Christ in the NT.
There are many "atheist" here in this forum, and I would bet that some are so for this very reason. As they cannot reconcile the
two. And without knowledge, throw the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak.

There is no such difference between the evil OT and NT Christian "god" construct.

For without the wrathful, vindictive, and cruel OT "god", the whole fear mongering "salvation" mythology falls flat on it's face.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
There is no such difference between the evil OT and NT Christian "god" construct.

For without the wrathful, vindictive, and cruel OT "god", the whole fear mongering "salvation" mythology falls flat on it's face.
see the stand up routine of Lewis Black in Washington dc

WhyIsThatSo

That's somewhat correct, and that's why the first Christians were gnostic , all the apostles and disciples , and Jesus Himself were all gnostic.
We don't accept any kind of moral law, because we are not "lawless". As such, there is no such thing as "sin".....unless it is to be
understood as "ignorance" ( which is what causes suffering ).

So there is no "fear mongering salvation mythology" to adhere to. Christ (Jesus) did not come to "save" anybody . And certainly did not die
for anybody. The idea of any "vicarious atonement" is nonsense . This was the doing of the Roman Church, once it's political power won out over the "heretics" (gnostics). And then it proceeded to exterminate any man , woman , or child, who would not submit to it's "authority".

And you are mistaken about the God of the NT. The Father is merciful, and Love unconditionally. As the Son showed us with His life.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The purpose of this thread was not to show that Baha'u'llah was the return if Christ. The purpose was to point out that Jesus never said He was going to return to earth to build the Kingdom of God.
Yes, so you believe Jesus is not coming back and never said he was coming back to build this kingdom, but did he clearly say that "He", the Christ, was going to return three times? And Christians believe when Jesus, the Lamb that was Slain, returns he's not bringing a plan to build the kingdom... he is establishing the kingdom. If he's is not going to do that then the NT is a bunch of useless BS. And, as always, you and other Baha'is find ways to make the Bible and the NT say what you want it to say, while at the same time denying it is 100% authentic. So who can argue with you?

Baha'is have stacked the deck. Baha'is win every time, so they think. And the other people, whether Christian or any of the other religions, think they have won. For me, I think it makes the Baha'is the biggest loser, because you are not the cause of unity but of discord between the different religions. But go ahead, if you think you're serving the "Cause" of God. Oh, and I believe all threads started by Baha'is are trying to show how Baha'u'llah is the return of Christ... in one way or another.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I do not know if there is an official Baha'i belief on that. I would say the Lamb that was slain is in Revelations was Jesus, but I do not know the Book of Revelation very well.

Speaking of sacrificial lambs, you might want to read this article:

How Many Sacrificial Lambs?

The sacrificial lamb of the Babi Faith was the Bab himself. Like Jesus, the Bab’s period of ministry was very short—just six years. He was only thirty when, in 1850, he was put to death by a firing squad of seven hundred and fifty men in Tabriz, Iran. In the wake of his death, hundreds of recent converts followed his example by being tortured or killed rather than renounce their new faith.

In the Baha’i Faith, one could cite any number of people who have been martyred in the years since Baha’u’llah died, sacrificing their lives like the ram/lamb. One of the most poignant examples, however, lies in the way that Mirza Mihdi, the youngest son of Baha’u’llah, offered his own life as a ransom with a specific purpose.
I know you keep saying you don't know the Bible very well, but, unless you told me, I would have never thought that. But, it's hard to take what you are saying seriously, that Jesus never said he was returning or he was going to build God's kingdom or whatever, if... you haven't read, studied and understand the Bible. And, for a Baha'i that wants to engage Christians, that includes Revelation and Daniel.

Oh, and which thread was it where you talked about what happens to kids that die young. I read it once but left to the mountains and when I came back I couldn't find it.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
This physical creation is a realm of suffering and death, for every living creature in it. It has always been this way because it was created this way.....flawed, imperfect, corrupt . This truth alone points to a flawed and imperfect "creator".
No, it points to a creator who who designed a physical world with suffering as an inbuilt feature.
Thus we can assume that the creator had a purpose for creating a world that had suffering in it.

I do not like it anymore than you do but there will be no more suffering in the spiritual world IF we played our cards right in this world.
I don't think it takes a rocket scientist , for anyone who has seriously studied the Christian/Hebrew scriptures , to see that there is an insurmountable difference between the God of the OT and the God of the Christ in the NT.

There are many "atheist" here in this forum, and I would bet that some are so for this very reason. As they cannot reconcile the two. And without knowledge, throw the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak.
There are not two Gods, one of the OT and one of the NT, so you have to somehow reconcile the scriptures.
My explanation is that God was speaking to a different kind of people against the backdrop of a different world when the in the OT was revealed, so God treated them differently.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
That's somewhat correct, and that's why the first Christians were gnostic , all the apostles and disciples , and Jesus Himself were all gnostic.
We don't accept any kind of moral law, because we are not "lawless". As such, there is no such thing as "sin".....unless it is to be
understood as "ignorance" ( which is what causes suffering ).

So there is no "fear mongering salvation mythology" to adhere to. Christ (Jesus) did not come to "save" anybody . And certainly did not die
for anybody. The idea of any "vicarious atonement" is nonsense . This was the doing of the Roman Church, once it's political power won out over the "heretics" (gnostics). And then it proceeded to exterminate any man , woman , or child, who would not submit to it's "authority".

And you are mistaken about the God of the NT. The Father is merciful, and Love unconditionally. As the Son showed us with His life.

Ah yes, believing what you want to believe I see. But you are overlooking this:

Matthew 5:17

The Fulfillment of the Law

17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
But go ahead, if you think you're serving the "Cause" of God. Oh, and I believe all threads started by Baha'is are trying to show how Baha'u'llah is the return of Christ... in one way or another.
Please do not lump me with the other Baha'is. That is not why I started this thread. I started it because Jesus never promised to return and I believe that this teaching is the biggest lie that Christianity has ever heaped upon Christians, and it has caused so much damage because it had had Christians waiting for a Jesus that is never going to return. Meanwhile, the world goes to hell while they wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait.
I know you keep saying you don't know the Bible very well, but, unless you told me, I would have never thought that. But, it's hard to take what you are saying seriously, that Jesus never said he was returning or he was going to build God's kingdom or whatever, if... you haven't read, studied and understand the Bible. And, for a Baha'i that wants to engage Christians, that includes Revelation and Daniel.
I know enough of the Bible to know that Jesus never said he was returning. Moreover, I have been posting to Christians about the return of Christ for seven years, so if they had any verses where Jesus said He was returning I would have seen them by now. The verses just are not there. Instead we have verses where Jesus says His work is finished here and He is no longer in the world.
Oh, and which thread was it where you talked about what happens to kids that die young. I read it once but left to the mountains and when I came back I couldn't find it.
I cannot remember what thread it was but here is the quote:

THE IMMORTALITY OF CHILDREN
Question.—What is the condition of children who die before attaining the age of discretion or before the appointed time of birth?
Answer.—These infants are under the shadow of the favor of God; and as they have not committed any sin and are not soiled with the impurities of the world of nature, they are the centers of the manifestation of bounty, and the Eye of Compassion will be turned upon them.
Some Answered Questions, p. 240

PearlSeeker

It is written that Jesus continued to spread the message of John the Baptist: "the Kingdom of God is near" and "repent".

First: What is Kingdom of God? What does repentance have to do with this?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It is written that Jesus continued to spread the message of John the Baptist: "the Kingdom of God is near" and "repent".

First: What is Kingdom of God? What does repentance have to do with this?
According to my beliefs, the Kingdom of God concerns both the inner life of the soul and the social order that embraces all people on earth.

Maybe when Jesus said to repent He was referring to the Kingdom of God within us, repent in order to prepare our souls so they would be worthy.

PearlSeeker

According to my beliefs, the Kingdom of God concerns both the inner life of the soul and the social order that embraces all people on earth.

Maybe when Jesus said to repent He was referring to the Kingdom of God within us, repent in order to prepare our souls so they would be worthy.
According to Bible the future KOG is permanent justice, peace and joy. First among the people of Israel then people of all nations. Israel's hope was a restoration of David's kingdom and heaven on earth... A Messiah will usher in this kingdom... In the times of Jesus people were in expectation and wondered who might be the Messiah.

Jesus was announcing the near coming of Kingdom. Repentance is the preparation for this because not all will enter/inherit the Kingdom. It will be like at the time of harvest when the cultivated plants are expected to bear fruits. "Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes." (Luke 12:37) "Bear fruit in keeping with repentance." (Matthew 3:8)

But the Kingdom didn't come. Not soon not later. So there were different explanations...