• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How enlightened are you?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Well, let's see...

Crap. Knocked out early. I guess I'd better have a cup of coffee to console myself in my unenlightened ways.

Switch to Green Tea - not too sure if it has caffeine but probly less-than-coffee.

:)

teacup-cup-of-tea-tee-drink-428615.jpeg

1000+ Amazing Green Tea Photos · Pexels · Free Stock Photos

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Guest writer for Wake Up World

Enlightenment is not a remote state of Consciousness that we need to achieve some time in the future, but it is the very heart of our nature; our true, inner nature. Unfortunately, during our spiritual search, most of us have been alienated from it, so much so that we have even forgotten about it. It is, however, permanently present in our life, but we simply disregard it. Our attention is always engaged by something — distractions, obligations — so we very rarely take the trouble of looking into our self.

Still, if we were able to concentrate our attention on our self, that brief moment of alert Consciousness is enough for us to recognize that the alert Consciousness, free of emotions and thoughts is our true inner nature. In the state of alert Consciousness, thoughts no longer keep our attention in captivity, and we may experience silence.

Then, in alert silence, we recognize the following truths:

For the full article -

12 Things an Enlightened Mind Will Understand

All the best!

FooYang

How enlightened are you?

If you can live without caffeine,

If you can be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,

If you can resist complaining,

If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time,

If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,

If you can ignore a friend’s limited education and never correct him or her,

If you can resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend,

If you can face the world without lies and deceit,

If you can conquer tension without medical help,

If you can relax without liquor,

If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,

If you can honestly say that deep in your heart you have no prejudice against creed, colour, religion, gender preference, or politics,

Then you have reached the same level of enlightenment as your dog.

:)

The way to Enlightenment is sex, cannibalism and football. Start with Unmeditation and Unbreathing.