• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does your favorite book in your scriptures end

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The Book of Psalms has 5 final songs and the last is Psalm 150 calling for song and dance with skillfully played instruments of every known type - Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!
Praise finale Psalms: part 5 - Ps 150

There are over thousands of suttas that talk about every problem and practice a human can have. Since there is no end to life, the Dharma has no end. But you cal learn the basics here

Dhamma

And rebirth

Mind and rebirth

I guess the teachings of the dhamma, lower d, is when The Buddha died. Amanda kept the Dharma going through click with monks to preserve the teachings.

Jumi

Taking the first part of the final poem of tao teh ching has Sincere words are not fine; fine words are not sincere.

While I don't think Kalevala as a scripture, I enjoy it in the native language, translation is for the last part of the last rune:

Thus the ancient Wainamoinen,
In his copper-banded vessel,
Left his tribe in Kalevala,
Sailing o'er the rolling billows,
Sailing through the azure vapors,
Sailing through the dusk of evening,
Sailing to the fiery sunset,
To the higher-landed regions,
To the lower verge of heaven;
Quickly gained the far horizon,
Gained the purple-colored harbor.
There his bark be firmly anchored,
Rested in his boat of copper;
But be left his harp of magic,
Left his songs and wisdom-sayings,
To the lasting joy of Suomi.

arthra

Baha'i
How does your favorite book in your scriptures end?

One of my favorite Baha'i Writings is the Kitab-i-Iqan (The Book of Certitude) revealed by Baha'u'llah when He was in exile in Baghdad. The Iqan was revealed in 1862 in response to questions by an uncle of Siyyid Ali Muhammad Shirazi the Bab. It was revealed in two days and two nights.

You can read it online:

The Kitáb-i-Íqán | Bahá’í Reference Library

One of the last paragraphs of the Iqan:

What pen can recount the things We beheld upon Our return! Two years have elapsed during which Our enemies have ceaselessly and assiduously contrived to exterminate Us, whereunto all witness. Nevertheless, none amongst the faithful hath risen to render Us any assistance, nor did anyone feel inclined to help in Our deliverance. Nay, instead of assisting Us, what showers of continuous sorrows their words and deeds have caused to rain upon Our soul! Amidst them all, We stand, life in hand, wholly resigned to His will; that perchance, through God’s loving-kindness and His grace, this revealed and manifest Letter may lay down His life as a sacrifice in the path of the Primal Point, the most exalted Word. By Him at Whose bidding the Spirit hath spoken, but for this yearning of Our soul, We would not, for one moment, have tarried any longer in this city. “Sufficient Witness is God unto Us.” We conclude Our argument with the words: “There is no power nor strength but in God alone.” “We are God’s, and to Him shall we return.”

The Anointed

The death of Samson, the womanizing sterile Giant, who brought the temple of Dagon down, which was crowded with men and women plus 5 Philistine Kings and about 3 thousand men and women on the roof, who were watching Samson entertain them, Killing them all plus himself.

Samson killed more people at his death than he had killed during his 20 years as the leader of Israel.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Read this all the way to the end to get to the good stuff.

I consider the Book of Ecclesiastes to be the greatest book of Wisdom ever written. It is also the first book of Theistic Existentialism, meaning that it is concerned with the apparent meaninglessness of life. What is classicly translated as "Vanity, vanity, everything is vanity," can also be translated as "Meaningless, meaningless, everything is utterly meaningless," or "emptiness, emptiness, everything is utterly empty."

The book flows through many different sections, much of which is familiar to the educated person. It is extremely sober, but is also beautiful, and filled with proverbial good advice.

There is nothing new under the son.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun? One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever. The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.

In much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge
increaseth sorrow.

I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind. What is twisted cannot be straightened; what is lacking cannot be counted.

Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow you shall die.

As he came forth from his mother's womb, naked shall he go again as he came, and shall take nothing for his labor, which he may carry away in his hand.

Yet at the end of all this discussion about the vacuity of life, the senselessness of getting ahead, of the grief of knowledge and wisdom, and the inevitability of death, all is not lost. There is indeed a point and purpose to life, a fulfillment that gives it all meaning:

When all is said and done, this one thing remains: fear God and obey his commands, for this is the whole of man.

whirlingmerc

Taking the first part of the final poem of tao teh ching has Sincere words are not fine; fine words are not sincere.

While I don't think Kalevala as a scripture, I enjoy it in the native language, translation is for the last part of the last rune:

Thus the ancient Wainamoinen,
In his copper-banded vessel,
Left his tribe in Kalevala,
Sailing o'er the rolling billows,
Sailing through the azure vapors,
Sailing through the dusk of evening,
Sailing to the fiery sunset,
To the higher-landed regions,
To the lower verge of heaven;
Quickly gained the far horizon,
Gained the purple-colored harbor.
There his bark be firmly anchored,
Rested in his boat of copper;
But be left his harp of magic,
Left his songs and wisdom-sayings,
To the lasting joy of Suomi.

Interesting... repeats the word copper

I lean against Psalm 151 except as a possible postscript as it is not in the original Hebrew
A reconciliation, a culmination and a climax: The doxological coda to the book of Psalms - Ps 146 - 150 The Doxological Coda to Psalms

Jumi

Interesting... repeats the word copper
It was a time when copper was widely used that this originated from. The blacksmith of the time would have favored it. In the original language it's of course better, like all scriptures...