• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does your faith rationalize god allowing the existence of evil, death, and suffering?

anonymous9887

bible reader
This is a question for everyone who has a god including myself have to answer.
Why does your god or gods allow evil, suffering, and death?
Did this originate with gods initial plan?
Did god just create us and abandon us?
If our god(or gods)is good why are all these evil things still happening?
We can all criticize our texts and spit on other people's faith but does your own religion answer this difficult question?

The reasoning behind these questions Is basically being comfortable with these responses.
God created us to die?
God created us to test us?
God created us to suffer?

none of the sound plausible to me. These do not sound like a good god to me.

Please Explain your faith.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Who created the universe, mankind, animals? Wise guy.lol

The question is wrong. As yet there's no indication a "who" was involved in the first place.

Though animals (which includes humans), along with the rest of all known life, were ultimately born from Earth, with Heaven's seed and in Sea's womb.

In the meantime, the answer to the above question is the same as the answer to the following one:

And more importantly who created those gods?

The answer is this:

No idea; don't care.

The Lore just says that the Gods were born from earlier Giants, and that the universe just... pops into existence.

anonymous9887

bible reader
The question is wrong. As yet there's no indication a "who" was involved in the first place.

Though animals (which includes humans), along with the rest of all known life, were ultimately born from Earth, with Heaven's seed and in Sea's womb.

In the meantime, the answer to the above question is the same as the answer to the following one:

The answer is this:

No idea; don't care.

The Lore just says that the Gods were born from earlier Giants, and that the universe just... pops into existence.
1. So in a sense it's like evolution right?
2. So the gods were born of giants, and the Giants came from the universe just popping into existence.
3. What manuscripts do you follow, or where are you getting this information from?

lovesong

:D
Premium Member

There is no such thing as "good" and "evil." All things cause both positive and negative impacts, creating a spectrum between the two.

Death was not created by the gods, death is just the natural next step after life. It is not bad, so the gods have no reason to try to stop it.

The gods did not all band together to come up with some plan for the world. They are part of it just as we are. They did not create us, they do not control us.

See above. Some of the gods care for us, some dislike us, some like groups of us but not others, and some simply don't care.

Like I said in the first question, nothing is purely "good" or "evil." It is a spectrum and the gods fall all along it. Some gods are more "good," some are more "evil," many are in between. Evil things happen because people have "free will," as you would say. Nobody controls what we do other than ourselves, so things like murder and tragedy will always continue. The gods are not omnimax, they cannot snap their fingers and make the world perfect. Even a god who wants to end suffering can only help one person at a time, and only so much.

Thanda

Because he allows freedom of choice. There could be no freedom of choice if God said - you can do anything so long as it's something I like. If we have the freedom to choose then by virtue of that freedom we should be allowed to choose to cause evil, and suffering.

As far as death is concerned - death has a similar reasoning as birth. As birth is the appointed way for us to enter into this earth so death is the appointed way for us to leave it.

Yes it did. We lived with God in heaven before we were born. This earth was created for to be a testing ground for the principles we were taught in heaven and for us to learn more lessons. It was decreed that we should live by faith and not by sight and so the memory of our pre-earth life was taken from us so that we could take our life here more seriously.

No he is with us and helps us daily - though we often don't notice it. However as we seek for truth in our lives we come closer to God and we begin to feel him. We may even have the privilege to see him but that is not a necessary condition for our life purpose on earth. We are here to learn to do good the best we know how. That is the test.

Because we have not repented. See the first response.

We can all criticize our texts and spit on other people's faith but does your own religion answer this difficult question?

I believe it answers it very adequately.

anonymous9887

bible reader
There is no such thing as "good" and "evil." All things cause both positive and negative impacts, creating a spectrum between the two.

Death was not created by the gods, death is just the natural next step after life. It is not bad, so the gods have no reason to try to stop it.

The gods did not all band together to come up with some plan for the world. They are part of it just as we are. They did not create us, they do not control us.

See above. Some of the gods care for us, some dislike us, some like groups of us but not others, and some simply don't care.

Like I said in the first question, nothing is purely "good" or "evil." It is a spectrum and the gods fall all along it. Some gods are more "good," some are more "evil," many are in between. Evil things happen because people have "free will," as you would say. Nobody controls what we do other than ourselves, so things like murder and tragedy will always continue. The gods are not omnimax, they cannot snap their fingers and make the world perfect. Even a god who wants to end suffering can only help one person at a time, and only so much.
So nobody created the gods or people?

Riverwolf

Premium Member
1. So in a sense it's like evolution right?

I don't understand what you mean by that.

2. So the gods were born of giants, and the Giants came from the universe just popping into existence.

The Giants are variously described as born from Earth (who is sometimes counted as a Giant herself), the universe itself, or sometimes other things. Depends on the region and the time.

3. What manuscripts do you follow, or where are you getting this information from?

Lore.

Lore is made of stuff beyond "manuscripts," although there are plenty of those (I've only read a few of them). It comprises (ancient and modern) folklore, mythology, old stories, etc.

But if you're looking for something akin to the Christian Bible, you won't find one anywhere. None of this is scientific data, and shouldn't be treated as such.

anonymous9887

bible reader
I don't understand what you mean by that.

The Giants are variously described as born from Earth (who is sometimes counted as a Giant herself), the universe itself, or sometimes other things. Depends on the region and the time.

Lore.

Lore is made of stuff beyond "manuscripts," although there are plenty of those (I've only read a few of them). It comprises (ancient and modern) folklore, mythology, old stories, etc.

But if you're looking for something akin to the Christian Bible, you won't find one anywhere. None of this is scientific data, and shouldn't be treated as such.
So for you an Almighty god that created all things is out of the question?

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
So nobody created the gods or people?
Not at all. Humans are the product of evolution. As far as "what created the gods," I honestly do not know. There are some questions that we just don't have answers to. I'm sure if I tried hard enough I could find one, but it isn't something that I particularly care about.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
So for you an Almighty god that created all things is out of the question?

Pretty much. Such a notion has never made any sense to me.

That's not to say that there aren't wights who are known to be "higher" than the Gods, such as the Wyrdæ, but those who are wise know better than to mess with them.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Two things, I think God allows free will and freedom of choice, and I don't think God is physically omnipotent, I think Gods power is predominately spiritual rather than physical.

anonymous9887

bible reader
Not at all. Humans are the product of evolution. As far as "what created the gods," I honestly do not know. There are some questions that we just don't have answers to. I'm sure if I tried hard enough I could find one, but it isn't something that I particularly care about.
What manuscripts do you go by, or where are you drawing these conclusions from?

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
Suffering is a state of being. Taking birth, we develop attachments with others, they yield expectations and greed, wgen they aren't fulfilled anger arises. When anger is predominant, delusion arises. From delusion comes bewilderment of memory that causes loss of intelligence leading into loss of all compassion, madness and emotions.
That's why evil occurs.
Ones own attachment and greed makes one do evil.
And death is a reaction to birth.
Whatever is created has to come to an end.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
And yet death is hardly an end, in fact all your parts you had when you were alive are still around after you die, and go on for eternity.

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
This is a question for everyone who has a god including myself have to answer.

The reasoning behind these questions Is basically being comfortable with these responses.
God created us to die?
God created us to test us?
God created us to suffer?

none of the sound plausible to me. These do not sound like a good god to me.

Please Explain your faith.

Again with these questions? Have you not been clarified by me and many others?

1. He did not allow evil and suffering. People cause it themselves. Death is not exactly anything bad neither is it good but is put into interpretation. This life is a test to the Afterlife.

2. Do not get this question. Vague.

3. Evil things are still happening because people create them.

Take into consideration of all the good things before just thinking of the ''bad''.

Anyhow, that does not portray a bad God at all.

:)