• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does Trump harm you?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I wonder if it bothers the "state's rights/personal accountability" Conservatives that California does WAY more at the state level than a state like Indiana, who defaults to federal laws in many instances, directs people to the federal government for healthcare, and hands out more in welfare despite the Conservative policies of the "state that works."
According to the Right, "personal accountability" only applies if you're poor, black, female, addicted to drugs, or otherwise disadvantaged. For everybody else allow the blame to shift to Liberals, the Devil, changing social norms, and anything that isn't their own personal fault for being a "family man" who is caught with a prostitute.

Very well said

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I guess it’s ok to shoot at right wing congressman at a softball game. Got it.

Nope and Bernie was quick to condemn it unlike Trump because, you know, there are good people among white nationalist who have centuries of murder, theft, and rape.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Yep, it was a guy named Robert Bowers who despised Trump and among other things stated on social media that he did not vote for him and never owned or wore a MAGA hat. Real White Nationalists appear to hate Trump considering him a globalist, Jew loving (I think Ivanka is a practicing Jew) progressive.
You'd think White Nationalists would love Hitler- weird......

Because the guy hated trump does not make him a left leaning person.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
In additional his rhetoric has embolden white supremacists which also lead to the death of the people of the Jewish temple

That is an often repeated lie
The ones committing the acts of murder seem to dislike or even hate Trump as they consider him a progressive globalist who "surrounds himself with kikes". Explain the logic it takes to blame Trump for the misguided actions of a demented few that hate him.

If Donald Trump lost to Hillary, would you be any less depressed, anxious, or angry?

Not really, but I wouldn't have to be exposed to significant numbers of people overreacting to certain things he does, or, alternatively, significant numbers of people relentlessly stanning for him like teenage Justin Bieber fans.

That would be pleasant at least.

wellwisher

Very much this. In additional his rhetoric has embolden white supremacists which also lead to the death of the people of the Jewish temple, not to mention Charlottesville.

This is not exactly true. Trump does say things, but the fake news media repeats it a thousand fold in an attempt to antagonize and create anger and conflict. This second hand reverberation, by the media, has the most impact since it is non stop and hard to avoid. It is also very lopsided and therefore incites irrationality. Balanced reporting tends to keep people reasonable and objective. This is not what is happening. The long term impact of constant lopsided negative reinforcement is not good for you.

I don't read Twitter, as such I would never know when President Trump writes anything. The way I learn about his Twitter comments is through second hand repeat. A ten-second tweet, by Trump, is puffed up like popcorn until it becomes gossip for days. This is where the maximum negative impact occurs.

The situation is analogous to the left wing media being like the busy body and gossip monger at the party. The gossip monger is always on the prowl trying to see and hears things that it can selectivity gossip to everyone in ear shot. They like to stir up the trouble, since most of what was said, originally, is contextual and smaller than the gossip monger tries to make it. The inflated version of the gossip monger is there to make trouble since trouble makes then feel they have an impact.

If fake news did not think they were having an impact on public opinion, they would stop this strategy and try a new approach. The fact they continue the same strategy is they believe this are having an impact and an influence on their audience and beyond. The fruit of this gossip monger approach is their main audience is always lopsided fearful, negative, angry and bitter. This makes other people defensive less the angry mobs come after you based on other gossip.

During election season much more money is spend on mud slinging and attack adds, than on positive message adds. The reason is it is easy to influence more people with negative than with positive. Negative adds are big business for the media industry. More people want to believe the worse because they don't feel good about themselves and seeing someone important in stress or conflict makes then feel better. This is effective in elections and also appears to be affective between elections.

News and education are like food for the mind. Maybe the government needs to expand the food and drug administration to include making sure food for the mind is healthy and not full of fat and drugs. One can still gossip, but one will need to show secret ingredients used to manipulate.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
What like ANTIFA? Sure. I'll criticize their tactics because it emulates the very same people they disparage. However so-called "extreme left" didn't go to a Jewish Temple to kill Jews or run over a protestor in Charlottesville or go to a Kroger store to kill black people either unlike right-wing extremists with racist intentions.

Or shoot Congressmen at a baseball practice...oh, wait...

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
This is not exactly true. Trump does say things, but the fake news.

Pause. Stop parroting Trump, it makes you look like an automaton. Anything that poses factual evidence against Trump's rhetoric is apparently "fake news."

I don't read Twitter, as such I would never know when President Trump writes anything. The way I learn about his Twitter comments is through second hand repeat. A ten-second tweet, by Trump, is puffed up like popcorn until it becomes gossip for days. This is where the maximum negative impact occurs.

The fact that a sitting president continuously utilizes social media to reach out to the public which half don't even use social media to express serious opinion is problematic for me.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Anything that poses factual evidence against Trump's rhetoric.

We have seen no factual evidence, just claims and accusations that border on the ridiculous.

Trump didn't say kill Jews
Nazi that disliked Trump kills some Jews
= Trump psychically willed Nazi that didn't like him to kill Jews

See how stupid that sounds?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If Donald Trump lost to Hillary, would you be any less depressed, anxious, or angry?
Yes. I wouldn't feel like we are collectively holding a gun inside of our mouths, waiting for the right second to pull the trigger and blow our own heads off. Donald Trump is our suicidal gesture, a plea for help from higher reason to wake ourselves up before we choose death over life.

Doing without that daily thought, yes, I would indeed feel much less concerned.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
We have seen no factual evidence, just claims and accusations that border on the ridiculous.

Trump didn't say kill Jews
Nazi that disliked Trump kills some Jews
= Trump psychically willed Nazi that didn't like him to kill Jews

See how stupid that sounds?

You don't have to directly say anything to incite violence...

Watchmen

Premium Member
Stereotype, or facts? It is a fact that blue California is way more into states rights and self-governance than many red states, including Indiana.
We weren’t talking about state rights. You were stereotyping the right by saying if things don’t go their way they blame the devil.