• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does Trump harm you?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
On a personal level, there are his attacks against transgender people and his rescinding gains in transgender rights that Obama made happen, and wanting to throw those of us with pre-existing conditions back in limbo. I also have less tax breaks and advantages for getting a Master's degree.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Give me a break. Ever heard of personal accountability? Maybe not. You are a leftist after all.
Says the Rightist, the group who loves to blame the Devil, rock 'n roll music, and gays for all their own personal failures and shortcomings. And the Right State, that shrugs off it's own responsibilities and lets the Federal government decide, unlike some Blue states that take the initiative to run their own state. And, of course, the Blue states being more into personal accountability enough that they pay more into federal welfare whereas Red states take more.
Sure, let's hear all about that personal accountability!

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
What was that indigenous saying?

"Give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime".

Yeah well thats a totally BS bogus statement because we all know half the men end up starving and their family, you don't really care at all do you??

Watchmen

Premium Member
Says the Rightist, the group who loves to blame the Devil, rock 'n roll music, and gays for all their own personal failures and shortcomings. And the Right State, that shrugs off it's own responsibilities and lets the Federal government decide, unlike some Blue states that take the initiative to run their own state. And, of course, the Blue states being more into personal accountability enough that they pay more into federal welfare whereas Red states take more.
Sure, let's hear all about that personal accountability!
There you go making assumptions again. I’m a moderate. I voted for Obama. I’m atheist, prefer electronica, and voted for gay marriage in California. Nice try. Thanks providing another example of how the left disparages someone who doesn’t agree with them 100%.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Why don't you give us a break. You are in effect arguing that people cannot be held responsible for encouraging or inciting others to actions. Do you think this is theater of the absurd?
I think the left is very selective in who they disparage. How about the leftists who incite violence. Haven’t seen you criticize them.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I think the left is very selective in who they disparage. How about the leftists who incite violence. Haven’t seen you criticize them.

What like ANTIFA? Sure. I'll criticize their tactics because it emulates the very same people they disparage. However so-called "extreme left" didn't go to a Jewish Temple to kill Jews or run over a protestor in Charlottesville or go to a Kroger store to kill black people either unlike right-wing extremists with racist intentions.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yeah well thats a totally BS bogus statement because we all know half the men end up starving and their family, you don't really care at all do you??
Just the opposite actually. It's all what you make of it , and what you're willing to do.

Wiktionary puts it very well...

1. It is more worthwhile to teach someone to do something (for themselves) than to do it for them (on an ongoing basis).

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That part
I wonder if it bothers the "state's rights/personal accountability" Conservatives that California does WAY more at the state level than a state like Indiana, who defaults to federal laws in many instances, directs people to the federal government for healthcare, and hands out more in welfare despite the Conservative policies of the "state that works."
According to the Right, "personal accountability" only applies if you're poor, black, female, addicted to drugs, or otherwise disadvantaged. For everybody else allow the blame to shift to Liberals, the Devil, changing social norms, and anything that isn't their own personal fault for being a "family man" who is caught with a prostitute.

Watchmen

Premium Member
What like ANTIFA? Sure. I'll criticize their tactics because it emulates the very same people they disparage. However so-called "extreme left" didn't go to a Jewish Temple to kill Jews or run over a protestor in Charlottesville or go to a Kroger store to kill black people either unlike right-wing extremists with racist intentions.
I guess it’s ok to shoot at right wing congressman at a softball game. Got it.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
However so-called "extreme left" didn't go to a Jewish Temple to kill Jews

Yep, it was a guy named Robert Bowers who despised Trump and among other things stated on social media that he did not vote for him and never owned or wore a MAGA hat. Real White Nationalists appear to hate Trump considering him a globalist, Jew loving (I think Ivanka is a practicing Jew) progressive.
You'd think White Nationalists would love Hitler- weird......

Last edited:

Lyndon

Premium Member
Just the opposite actually. It's all what you make of it , and what you're willing to do.

Wiktionary puts it very well...

1. It is more worthwhile to teach someone to do something (for themselves) than to do it for them (on an ongoing basis).

I guess you apply that to sex as well!! LOL going solo!!

Lyndon

Premium Member
Yep, it was a guy named Robert Bowers who despised Trump and among other things stated on social media that he did not vote for him and never owned or wore a MAGA hat.

yeah because he thought he was to the right of Trump.

Curious George

Veteran Member
If Donald Trump lost to Hillary, would you be any less depressed, anxious, or angry?
He hasn't harmed me.

But, he is untrustworthy, reactionary, divisive and a liar. He has continued involvement and increased forces in Afghanistan, he has authorized missile attacks in Syria; put forth unconstitutional exective orders; he has began a trade war; he tried to push through the Dakota Access Pipeline; he has worked to weaken financial regulation, the EPA, OSHA, the FDA, and the department of education. He continually plays of fear of immigrants, treats women with disrespect, encourages and uses stereotypes and demands attention. His jabs toward Senator John McCain who was captured in a war Trump avoided and remarks toward other men and women who have served, or who are serving, in our armed forces displays a lack of respect for our military. Our Allies like us less, our people are polarized, the division between the haves and the have-nots grows, trust in government diminishes, hate crimes increase, and fear of immigrants seem intensified.

This is the direction which Donald Trump leads us. But has he harmed me, personally? No. He does what he will in collaboration and in cahoots with others. Their actions are so far removed from me that any causal harm is tenuous at best. I mean, what am I going to do, blame him for global warming? Trump is hardly the cause of any of our hardships. The ball was rolling ling before him. He is just a guy, happy to get some write-offs and make a buck, even if he must push that ball a little faster or drop the mother of all bombs to get that buck.

What I find unsettling is how so many would support such a fellow. Sure I get that many felt Hillary awful. That threat is gone. Trump is president. Why does anyone still feign a need to hold this man in esteem.

I would encourage anyone to develop a list of the traits they consider praiseworthy. Then have an honest discussion about whether Trump is praiseworthy. Alas, we cannot even seem to have a reasonable discussion about politics anymore.

Last edited: