• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does the Masterpiece Really Work????

Bird123

As we look around this world, we see that all the physics add up pretty well. Everything is balanced and works great.

People say mankind and the world is nothing but a big mess!!! Is it really?

If God created the world so that the physics add up so well, isn't it safe to assume the People factor is also working well as it is supposed to do? With this in mind, maybe people have the view of things completely wrong.

If the human factor is working perfectly as it should, having been designed by Great Intelligence, how is it really working in order to be a Masterpiece? Perhaps, that is the challenge to discovery. If one can understand how something works, the view of it changes drastically.

What is Really going on with the People Factor???? How does the Masterpiece Really Work????

BSM1

What? Me worry?
As we look around this world, we see that all the physics add up pretty well. Everything is balanced and works great.

If God created the world so that the physics add up so well, isn't it safe to assume the People factor is also working well as it is supposed to do? With this in mind, maybe people have the view of things completely wrong.

If the human factor is working perfectly as it should, having been designed by Great Intelligence, how is it really working in order to be a Masterpiece? Perhaps, that is the challenge to discovery. If one can understand how something works, the view of it changes drastically.

What is Really going on with the People Factor???? How does the Masterpiece Really Work????

It seems you are assuming we live in perfect and/or an imperfect world by our definitions. What is the criteria where we make that judgement? We really have no other world to compare ours to, so we just have to believe that this is the best or worst of all worlds. Maybe we should simply live in the now without trying to overthink it.

Bird123

It seems you are assuming we live in perfect and/or an imperfect world by our definitions. What is the criteria where we make that judgement? We really have no other world to compare ours to, so we just have to believe that this is the best or worst of all worlds. Maybe we should simply live in the now without trying to overthink it.

Isn't that just the easy way out? Isn't it our duty to discover how everything works in order to advance our knowledge and move mankind forward? Acceptance is less work, however where would the world be today if mankind just accepted things. We would still be cavemen.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Isn't that just the easy way out? Isn't it our duty to discover how everything works in order to advance our knowledge and move mankind forward? Acceptance is less work, however where would the world be today if mankind just accepted things. We would still be cavemen.

I'm not sure anyone mentioned determining "how things work" (which, btw, I believe in whole-heartedly), the post concerned making a judgement call as to whether our reality is perfect or not perfect. IMO we do not have enough access to other realities to properly make this distinction.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

I do not know you well though you have a large number of posts. If the Great Designer is fashioning the clay then perhaps we are not the last version of humanity but are a kind of middle-product. We could easily be like an unbaked pot still being formed, and so we may not yet be able to see the finished product.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

I think people exaggerate how messed up human things are. I believe in a Mastermind that sees the bigger picture than we. In that picture human society at this stage is for souls to experience, learn and grow wisdom; not to be a well-ordered utopia.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
If the human factor is working perfectly as it should, having been designed by Great Intelligence, how is it really working in order to be a Masterpiece?
Perhaps The Great Intelligence is working towards a species that thrives on carbon dioxide, plastic polymers, and radioactive water. Maybe humans are a means to an end, not The Crown of Creation.
That would certainly match the data better than any other theory currently does. We like to think we are God's Chosen Species, but we are heading towards an extinction event of epic proportions and most people don't care much.
Nor does God. :)
Tom

Bird123

Who knows how it is all supposed to end up?
What is certain is that this world will end long before the universe does.
We seem to be only a minor player in the scheme of things.

How does one define a minor player from a major player? As for the end of this world. won't mankind be advanced enough by the time the Earth ends to be able to either stop it or Terra form a new world?

Bird123

I'm not sure anyone mentioned determining "how things work" (which, btw, I believe in whole-heartedly), the post concerned making a judgement call as to whether our reality is perfect or not perfect. IMO we do not have enough access to other realities to properly make this distinction.

Yes, much information is missing. Perhaps, one needs a bit of Vision followed by a hunger to discover in order to come up with answers. Still, wouldn't anything be better than a blank statement that the world is a mess based on the fact that it is not exactly what we want it to be? Further, unless it was Heaven, wouldn't most people just call it a mess regardless?

Bird123

I do not know you well though you have a large number of posts. If the Great Designer is fashioning the clay then perhaps we are not the last version of humanity but are a kind of middle-product. We could easily be like an unbaked pot still being formed, and so we may not yet be able to see the finished product.

If we see where we have been, then where we are, maybe we can speculate where we are headed given a straight line. I do realize people see what they want to see and that people value different things. Those lines could go anywhere. On the other hand, if one can figure out the basic systems in play, the view might get better.

Bird123

I think people exaggerate how messed up human things are. I believe in a Mastermind that sees the bigger picture than we. In that picture human society at this stage is for souls to experience, learn and grow wisdom; not to be a well-ordered utopia.

Your Wisdom shows!! I agree. That does add up in my view as well.

Bird123

Perhaps The Great Intelligence is working towards a species that thrives on carbon dioxide, plastic polymers, and radioactive water. Maybe humans are a means to an end, not The Crown of Creation.
That would certainly match the data better than any other theory currently does. We like to think we are God's Chosen Species, but we are heading towards an extinction event of epic proportions and most people don't care much.
Nor does God. :)
Tom

Yes, mankind does have environmental challenges, however mankind not only flourishes, everyone is living longer.

I have to believe intelligence will overcome environmental challenges in the future. Fusion has the potential for unlimited Clean nuclear energy which will solve many of the environmental challenges. Mankind is just not there yet.

Is there any good coming from the pollution??? The pollution creates diseases which challenges mankind to solve. In that struggle, mankind's medical knowledge increases. Without any adversity, mankind would not have to learn anything.

Clearly, the picture has many sides and it's complexity runs deeper than what is seen on the surface.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
W
Yes, mankind does have environmental challenges, however mankind not only flourishes, everyone is living longer.

I have to believe intelligence will overcome environmental challenges in the future. Fusion has the potential for unlimited Clean nuclear energy which will solve many of the environmental challenges. Mankind is just not there yet.

Is there any good coming from the pollution??? The pollution creates diseases which challenges mankind to solve. In that struggle, mankind's medical knowledge increases. Without any adversity, mankind would not have to learn anything.

Clearly, the picture has many sides and it's complexity runs deeper than what is seen on the surface.
Wow, we do think alike!

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I have to believe intelligence will overcome environmental challenges in the future.
Why do you have to believe that?
I see no reason to.
Quite the contrary, what I am seeing is the unwillingness of the majority of people to even see a problem.

So, we've got the governments of India, China, and the USA all expecting someone else to tackle global climate change. Nobody thinks eliminating nukes is feasible, proliferation continues. And almost nobody thinks that we should have less babies, mostly people think other people should have less. Unless they think more is better for everyone.

I'm just not seeing a reason to believe that the human race will seriously alter the trajectory towards disaster. I think that we will keep blaming each other and circumstances until the world we depend on collapses.
Tom

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
If we see where we have been, then where we are, maybe we can speculate where we are headed given a straight line. I do realize people see what they want to see and that people value different things. Those lines could go anywhere. On the other hand, if one can figure out the basic systems in play, the view might get better.
A positive, creative view is good but requires seeing both the good and the bad. The best view, the positive view takes work, but its the only view that allows you to see both the positive and the negative sides of things, the problems. Its true that if you get trapped in a negative point of view you can focus intensely and deduce things, but the accompanying problem is you struggle to leave that mode (or I do). Then everything is bad and you can't see any solutions to problems! There is another mistake people make which is to ignore everything rather than try to look for the positive, and that is like hallucinating without doing. Its a mistake to call that a positive view as its really just coasting and not seeing anything either real solutions or real problems. You can get comfortable in cold numbness and deduction just as you can get sleepy in the fluff of warm ignorance.

If you are swamped with angry feelings about wrongs, lonely, panicky, ashamed, you will discover that you notice things other people don't. You'll obtain an ability to see as through a microscope. At the same time you will struggle with memory and creativity. You won't be able to see possibilities or be clever and quick. Your bowling scores may be low or your aim off. Facts may come and go in your mind as you struggle to find things that you have set down. Your view of the future will constantly seem troubling.

If your view is positive, then you will daily spend mental energy coming up with solutions. You will sense solutions everywhere and will weigh the cost of pursuing them. Sometimes you won't pursue them, but very often you will. You will get increasingly better at it.

If your view is hallucinatory then you will tend to prompt for inaction. You will sit in a chair, walk slowly, drift and dream. You may be depressed or happy or neither, but the proof of the pudding is your inaction. You will be like a captain sleeping below decks, perhaps in a nightmare or possibly in a lovely dream.

Bird123

Why do you have to believe that?
I see no reason to.
Quite the contrary, what I am seeing is the unwillingness of the majority of people to even see a problem.

So, we've got the governments of India, China, and the USA all expecting someone else to tackle global climate change. Nobody thinks eliminating nukes is feasible, proliferation continues. And almost nobody thinks that we should have less babies, mostly people think other people should have less. Unless they think more is better for everyone.

I'm just not seeing a reason to believe that the human race will seriously alter the trajectory towards disaster. I think that we will keep blaming each other and circumstances until the world we depend on collapses.
Tom

There are many scientists and environmentalists working on those problems. Yes, many do not care. On the other hand, when the adversity is at your door, there comes a time when one must address it because it hurts too badly to ignore.

Bird123

A positive, creative view is good but requires seeing both the good and the bad. The best view, the positive view takes work, but its the only view that allows you to see both the positive and the negative sides of things, the problems. Its true that if you get trapped in a negative point of view you can focus intensely and deduce things, but the accompanying problem is you struggle to leave that mode (or I do). Then everything is bad and you can't see any solutions to problems! There is another mistake people make which is to ignore everything rather than try to look for the positive, and that is like hallucinating without doing. Its a mistake to call that a positive view as its really just coasting and not seeing anything either real solutions or real problems. You can get comfortable in cold numbness and deduction just as you can get sleepy in the fluff of warm ignorance.

If you are swamped with angry feelings about wrongs, lonely, panicky, ashamed, you will discover that you notice things other people don't. You'll obtain an ability to see as through a microscope. At the same time you will struggle with memory and creativity. You won't be able to see possibilities or be clever and quick. Your bowling scores may be low or your aim off. Facts may come and go in your mind as you struggle to find things that you have set down. Your view of the future will constantly seem troubling.

If your view is positive, then you will daily spend mental energy coming up with solutions. You will sense solutions everywhere and will weigh the cost of pursuing them. Sometimes you won't pursue them, but very often you will. You will get increasingly better at it.

If your view is hallucinatory then you will tend to prompt for inaction. You will sit in a chair, walk slowly, drift and dream. You may be depressed or happy or neither, but the proof of the pudding is your inaction. You will be like a captain sleeping below decks, perhaps in a nightmare or possibly in a lovely dream.

With that I will always remember to look up.