• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Does the Existence of God Negate Darwinian Evolution?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Evolutionist= Simone who believes in the evolution of life.
And yet still ANOTHER definition....

Evolution does not address how life began.
If you think it does, you should not call yourself an evolutionist.
But then, that is merely my opinion.

Audie

Veteran Member
Dawkins does not support "faith in a Godless universe". Dawkins simply disbelieves the God claim without proof.
Can we do without those silly misrepresentations? Please.
Now, be charitable. Whats left to a poor
creationist if deprived of misrepresentation?

Colt

And yet still ANOTHER definition....

Evolution does not address how life began.
If you think it does, you should not call yourself an evolutionist.
But then, that is merely my opinion.
Abiogenesis

In evolutionary biology, abiogenesis, or informally the origin of life (OoL), is the natural process by which life has arisen from non-living matter, such as simple organic compounds. While the details of this process are still unknown, the prevailing scientific hypothesis is that the transition from non-living to living entities was not a single event, but an evolutionary process of increasing complexity that involved molecular self-replication, self-assembly, autocatalysis, and the emergence of cell membranes. Although the occurrence of abiogenesis is uncontroversial among scientists, its possible mechanisms are poorly understood. There are several principles and hypotheses for how abiogenesis could have occurred.

Abiogenesis - Wikipedia

Audie

Veteran Member
I wish it were. Perceptions don't propagate through a society due to a few "bad eggs".

Oh? There's some bad- egg black people.
I encountered one myself. It doesn't take so many for a stereotype to spread.

Also, there's the detail that the African Americans do commit crime out of proportion to their numbers.

I tend to look at people in their context, nor skin
color. But that's me.

ppp

Oh? There's some bad- egg black people.
You misunderstand me. The bad eggs I was referring to are racists. You said that it wasn't fair to say that the large dominant subculture of the US partakes and supports racist propaganda. That I am overstating the case. My response was that the propagation of stereotyping is not the result of a few bad eggs, but the participation of that subculture in spreading and sustaining that stereotype.

I encountered one myself. It doesn't take so many for a stereotype to spread.

Also, there's the detail that the African Americans do commit crime out of proportion to their numbers.
Oh? By what metric?

Audie

Veteran Member
You misunderstand me. The bad eggs I was referring to are racists. You said that it wasn't fair to say that the large dominant subculture of the US partakes and supports racist propaganda. That I am overstating the case. My response was that the propagation of stereotyping is not the result of a few bad eggs, but the participation of that subculture in spreading and sustaining that stereotype.

Oh? By what metric?

Got you and agree in number one.
Adding that-
A lot of assumed and kind of unconscious racism...
which goes like a spiderweb, not just one way.

On crime -
Name your metric, it just is true.

Asians are underrepresented in crime stats.

Its just a fact.

ppp

Abiogenesis

In evolutionary biology, abiogenesis, or informally the origin of life (OoL), is the natural process by which life has arisen from non-living matter, such as simple organic compounds. While the details of this process are still unknown, the prevailing scientific hypothesis is that the transition from non-living to living entities was not a single event, but an evolutionary process of increasing complexity that involved molecular self-replication, self-assembly, autocatalysis, and the emergence of cell membranes. Although the occurrence of abiogenesis is uncontroversial among scientists, its possible mechanisms are poorly understood. There are several principles and hypotheses for how abiogenesis could have occurred.

Abiogenesis - Wikipedia
"The phrase “the theory of evolution” in common parlance has a somewhat nebulous meaning (National Center for Science Education, n.d.). It is often applied to the entire secular mindset concerning the origin and development of the cosmos, including life—an angle strongly reinforced by much anti-evolution propaganda. But in the context of biology, biological evolution and the origin of life—abiogenesis—represent distinct theoretical frameworks which have developed quite separately over the past century and a half since the publication of Darwin’s The Origin of Species." --Abiogenesis in Upper Secondary Biology Curricula

ppp

Got you and agree in number one.
Adding that-
A lot of assumed and kind of unconscious racism...
which goes like a spiderweb, not just one way.
Cool.. Thanks.

On crime -
Name your metric, it just is true.

Asians are underrepresented in crime stats.

Its just a fact.
Are you controlling for socioeconomic status? Educational discrepancies? Arrest rate comparisons? Conviction rate comparisons? False imprisonment comparisons?

I am not making the point that your detail is wrong, but that it is arbitrary, If people with chin shape were the criterium for racism, instead skin color, we would see the same thing in people with cleft chins.

Audie

Veteran Member
Cool.. Thanks.

Are you controlling for socioeconomic status? Educational discrepancies? Arrest rate comparisons? Conviction rate comparisons? False imprisonment comparisons?

I am not making the point that your detail is wrong, but that it is arbitrary, If people with chin shape were the criterium for racism, instead skin color, we would see the same thing in people with cleft chins.

FBI CRIME STATS BY RACE

Type that in your search bar..

African Americans are 13.4% of us population.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Abiogenesis

Abiogenesis - Wikipedia
You are a being a bit pedantic. He should have said "The theory of evolution says nothing about how life began." Abiogenesis is separate from the theory of evolution because it still is in the hypothetical stage.

Meanwhile there is quite a bit of evidence for abiogenesis. But not enough specific evidence to allow it to be lifted above the hypothetical stage yet.