• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does (sum)one get over the stress of losing a job

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
So I recently lost my job, a hog farm, that I had for a few years.

Usually I'd work Monday to Friday, and it was the same routine every week, and there were many things to do on our schedule. I'm just so used to doing those things, and I LOVED my job and what we did. But something happened, because I didn't have control of myself, and I lost the job.

So you could say it's justified, but I just can't get over the thought of never walking through those doors again, never doing all those jobs we did again, or smell the awful smell again. That's been keeping me up at night, and invades my mind through the day.

I am a bit afraid for my money now, not making anything, and having 1,500 in the bank. But, next month, a 1,200 dollar payment will be taken out for insurance (pay it every six months)

BUT that's not bothering me too much. What is bothering me is my attachment to this job I can't get over, and maybe I will forevermore never forgive myself for doing what cost me my job.

I have been applying for new jobs, of course, but it's just not going to be the same.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
More bills will get you attached to your new job real quick.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry for your loss. Most of us are creatures of habit and like to be in pretty good control of our live. The loss of a job seems to take that wmaway and put a lot of scary unknowns on the table. The first thing to do, in my experience, is to use this time to build some healthy habits. Food, exercise, stress reduction, because stress will compromise your system and make it hard to get out and do the things you need to. Forming a new routein, even if it gets disrupted later by a new job, can really help offset a lot of the bad feelings. Maybe help you get a sense of productive control again too.
Best of luck.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So I recently lost my job, a hog farm, that I had for a few years.

Usually I'd work Monday to Friday, and it was the same routine every week, and there were many things to do on our schedule. I'm just so used to doing those things, and I LOVED my job and what we did. But something happened, because I didn't have control of myself, and I lost the job.

So you could say it's justified, but I just can't get over the thought of never walking through those doors again, never doing all those jobs we did again, or smell the awful smell again. That's been keeping me up at night, and invades my mind through the day.

I am a bit afraid for my money now, not making anything, and having 1,500 in the bank. But, next month, a 1,200 dollar payment will be taken out for insurance (pay it every six months)

BUT that's not bothering me too much. What is bothering me is my attachment to this job I can't get over, and maybe I will forevermore never forgive myself for doing what cost me my job.

I have been applying for new jobs, of course, but it's just not going to be the same.
I can understand the joy of working with pre-bacon.
Any chance to get the job back, or find another such farm?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
My condolences on the loss of your job, Sum. But there are other hogs, other barns, and other manure waiting just for you to work on them.

buddhist

What is bothering me is my attachment to this job I can't get over, and maybe I will forevermore never forgive myself for doing what cost me my job.
The magic word is "attachment"; along with delusion and aversion, attachment is a root cause for suffering/dukkha.

"Sorrow springs from attachment. Fear springs from attachment. For the person freed from attachment there is no sorrow. From where could fear emerge? ... Bound by clinging and attachment, they experience pain again and again for a long time ... Of Paths, the best is the Eightfold; of Truths, the Four Noble statements ... This is the Path, there is no other for the purification of vision ... Following this one, you will bring pain to an end." - Lord Buddha (Dhp)

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
weed-5.jpg