• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does sin create a virus?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
So, in your world you can believe any nonsense you like because there are no facts (except apparently in the spiritual realm which is completely unfalsifiable.)
There's evidence, but what we call facts are always in doubt.
I see lots of evidence for a creator. Can I prove I'm not just an illusion instead? Can we prove everything isn't? Not really, but most evidence still points to a created universe.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There's evidence, but what we call facts are always in doubt.
I see lots of evidence for a creator. Can I prove I'm not just an illusion instead? Can we prove everything isn't? Not really, but most evidence still points to a created universe.
It might cause less consternation if you point out that facts
exist in a continuum, ranging from opinion (eg, mint tastes
good) to a apriori facts (eg, 2+2=4). There are varying degrees
of usefulness & reliability.

ecco

Veteran Member
Lol, I never implied anything you said was true.
Viruses and all kinds of suffering corrupted the world after the original sin. It doesn't only affect certain people.
Well, I took the liberty of humorously combining your comments about sin with Christian comments that: I ain't getting no vaccine; God will protect me".

ecco

Veteran Member
" Facts" are mostly debatable. In fact I don't think there's any " fact" that can be proven beyond doubt.
I say it is a fact that if you drop a bowling ball on your bare foot, you will feel pain.

Please do not take my word for this, I could be making it up. Please test it for yourself to see if it's really a fact or just something I made up.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
Sin corrupted nature way back in the beginning and all viruses are a result of that corruption.
Why did 'sin' corrupt nature? How? Mankind, sure, but all of nature? Was nature a being, young and susceptible to corruption? I don't understand what you mean. Can you explain it?

Brian2

Veteran Member
We have the rational reasons why all of the above are true, science explains them. Where is the Christian God involved in the process?

The Christian God was involved in warning us about the behaviour that can lead to such things.
God gave us a conscience and a body and mind that react in certain harmful ways and He warns us about those ways.

Brian2

Veteran Member
If there is one author or creator of everything, then I suppose this author or creator is the greatest sinner of all, with most of its creations following after its image.

No we have gone our own ways but God has given us a way to be formed again in the image of God.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Why did 'sin' corrupt nature? How? Mankind, sure, but all of nature? Was nature a being, young and susceptible to corruption? I don't understand what you mean. Can you explain it?
Not completely. But this current world is under a curse because of man's sin. This isn't hard to find evidence for. Why can't we love each other perfectly and why can't we exist without pain? Sometimes it seems as if life itself is suffering. There's nothing untouched by the curse. Nothing in nature is perfect. In spite of all the talk of Harmony in nature, nature actually is in a constant state of struggle. Animal populations don't balance each other perfectly, there are boom and bust cycles and droughts in forest fires and volcanoes, etc.
We don't live in Eden.
The biblical Story is not just a redemption of the soul but of everything. Even the world will be remade back into an Eden where sickness and pain and death will no longer exist.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Saying that sin (a spiritual concept) causes viruses (a physical thing) demands a demonstration of a mechanism of how this happens.

Causing a virus to exist is the work of God. But there is no demonstrating of a mechanism for that either.
If there is a mechanism hypothesised that brought in the idea of spirit/s that would be dismissed because spirit/s are things that neither science nor I can demonstrate. Physical mechanisms however don't show that spirit had nothing to do with the thing that the mechanism is about.

Wandering Monk

Causing a virus to exist is the work of God. But there is no demonstrating of a mechanism for that either.
If there is a mechanism hypothesised that brought in the idea of spirit/s that would be dismissed because spirit/s are things that neither science nor I can demonstrate. Physical mechanisms however don't show that spirit had nothing to do with the thing that the mechanism is about.

So your argument boils down to 'You can't prove there ISN'T a spiritual connection.'

tas8831

NOW I GET IT!

• God (specifically the Christian God) created the Covid virus to punish sinners.
  • All non-Christians are sinners - atheists, Muslims, Jews, etc.
  • The virus will infect sinners.
  • The virus will not infect non-sinning Christians.
  • Taking the vaccine is admitting that one is a sinner.

No decent Christian will get vaccinated lest he be judged by his fellow Christians.
So...

We can conclude just who is and is not a TRUE Christian/non-sinner by looking at the religious beliefs of those that have suffered from or died from Covid19... OK, I'll start:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/08/16/cardinal-raymond-burke-ventilator-covid/

Religious leaders worldwide, across faiths who died in 2020