• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does sin create a virus?

tas8831

The wording of this question is awkward. Obviously God is the creator. From the biggest star to the smallest virus.
Mere speculation.
But I don't think anyone is saying any one sin 'caused' the pandemic. But for a Christian, it must be accepted that God does permit evils to afflict the world. And one reason God may permit an evil is for the sake of chastisement. The thing to take on faith is that nothing God permits will fail in bringing about a greater good. Even if it is a greater good we won't see until all is revealed at the final judgement.
Seems immoral.

tas8831

First, "God" is supposed to have made everything and secondly, all vira
Do you mean "viri"?
undergoes a constant process of mutation in nature and if some humans are having troubles with this, they should optimize their immune system by sound food, motion and social engagements.
Please explain, in detail, how "sound food, motion and social engagements" optimize the immune system?
IMO vaccination in itself isn´t sufficient enough to boost a immune defense which isn´t OK optimized by natural ways.
So you clearly have no idea how the 'immune defense' works. I suppose that explains your overconfidence - the Dunning-Kruger effect.
HINT: you are not immune to ANYTHING until/unless you are exposed to it and do not die.

*except for pathogens that do not infect us.

Last edited:

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Further to my thread on the Christian God and coronavirus some Christians informed me that sin was the cause of the coronavirus.

Sin. an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.

Virus. an infective agent that typically consists of a nucleic acid molecule in a protein coat, is too small to be seen by light microscopy, and is able to multiply only within the living cells of a host.

So how does a sin create a virus, what is the process?
Sin corrupted nature way back in the beginning and all viruses are a result of that corruption.

ecco

Veteran Member
Sin corrupted nature way back in the beginning and all viruses are a result of that corruption.

NOW I GET IT!

• God (specifically the Christian God) created the Covid virus to punish sinners.
  • All non-Christians are sinners - atheists, Muslims, Jews, etc.
  • The virus will infect sinners.
  • The virus will not infect non-sinning Christians.
  • Taking the vaccine is admitting that one is a sinner.

No decent Christian will get vaccinated lest he be judged by his fellow Christians.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
NOW I GET IT!

• God (specifically the Christian God) created the Covid virus to punish sinners.

No decent Christian will get vaccinated lest he be judged by his fellow Christians.
Where did you get this nonsense?
Not from my post

ecco

Veteran Member
NOW I GET IT!

Where did you get this nonsense?
Not from my post

Not from your post? If you want to call my logical conclusions nonsense, then please show why they are nonsense.

Wandering Monk

NOW I GET IT!

Also No True Scotsman, I mean Christian, will get Covid.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member

Not from your post? If you want to call my logical conclusions nonsense, then please show why they are nonsense.
Lol, I never implied anything you said was true.
Viruses and all kinds of suffering corrupted the world after the original sin. It doesn't only affect certain people.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
"Viruses and all kinds of suffering corrupted the world after the original sin."
I'm pretty sure I'm not required to prove anything from my belief system.
I can give you the verses if you like.
For example:
"For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body."

Wandering Monk

I'm pretty sure I'm not required to prove anything from my belief system.
I can give you the verses if you like.
For example:
"For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body."

You don't have to prove anything unless you are trying to convince others that what you are saying is a real fact.