• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does sin create a virus?

Rawshak

The case you talk about is really unknown. Until the truth is told, there is only going to be speculation.

The More likely investigations have it starting 8 years before in a bat cave and bat poo harvesting for money with poorly protected workers, who became 6 very sick men, 3 of whom passed away and then on to the Wuhan laboratory. Then?

Interestingly America is tied to that Wuhan Laboratory, they handed over the capacity to manipulate viruses to that Lab, that is scary stuff that needs to cease.

However it started, the actions of men after it got hold, despite our abilities in medical science, has allowed it to become a global catastrophic event.

The actions of many people since then likewise allow the spread.

Regards Tony
You have not explained why the Christian God chose now to kill so many people?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The answer may be as simple as, the believers in God may not know or understand the reason behind why God do what he do. Not every single answer to every situation is given in the holy scriptures in the different religions.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

That is your take on the subject and I will leave that with you. Stay safe, stay happy.

I would offer there is only One God for all Faiths.

All the best Regards Tony

DNB

Christian
Further to my thread on the Christian God and coronavirus some Christians informed me that sin was the cause of the coronavirus.

Sin. an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.

Virus. an infective agent that typically consists of a nucleic acid molecule in a protein coat, is too small to be seen by light microscopy, and is able to multiply only within the living cells of a host.

So how does a sin create a virus, what is the process?
I believe it is because the way that man has conducted himself on earth as an unworthy and inept steward, the potential for many hazardous situations are inevitable: global warming, disease, pollution, soil and water contamination, factory and car fumes, toxic waste, lack of hygiene regulations, nuclear energy, etc...
Thus, the fact that humans are not more sick, or haven't entirely annihilated themselves at this point, is more the enigma.

Point is, sin has compelled God to not intervene in circumventing the destructive process that man had already started. There is always the potential for famine, disease, pestilence, drought and death all around us, due solely to man's incompetent superintendence of the planet. God, is just exploiting a precondition in order to make His divine point - He permits the required chain of events to occur that will unleash a 'plague' upon man. Similarly, when under His auspices, he will allow a different sequence to occur that may either expose a threat before it inflicts damage, or allow a different precondition to bless us.

God is in control of all events, He unfathomably intertwines all people's lives in order to establish His will. Be careful, He makes it look as though it's a natural, and scientifically explained, progression and development.

I do believe that COVID is a warning - man's destruction is well overdue, and God, actually by his beneficence and not wrath, is patiently and graciously offering warning signs to all who have not acknowledged His majesty, sovereignty and supremacy.

Last edited:

Rawshak

I believe it is because the way that man has conducted himself on earth as an unworthy and inept steward, the potential for many hazardous situations are inevitable: global warming, disease, pollution, soil and water contamination, factory and car fumes, toxic waste, lack of hygiene regulations, nuclear energy, etc...
Thus, the fact that humans are not more sick, or haven't entirely annihilated themselves at this point, is more the enigma.

Point is, sin has compelled God to not intervene in circumventing the destructive process that man had already started. There is always the potential for famine, disease, pestilence, drought and death all around us, due solely to man's incompetent superintendence of the planet. God, is just exploiting a precondition in order to make His divine point - He permits the required chain of events to occur that will unleash a 'plague' upon man. Similarly, when under His auspices, he will allow a different sequence to occur that may either expose a threat before it inflicts damage, or allow a different precondition to bless us.

I do believe that COVID is a warning - man's destruction is well overdue, and God, actually by his beneficence and not wrath, is patiently and graciously offering warning signs to all who have not acknowledged His majesty, sovereignty and supremacy.
Not really sure why you wrote that, do you know how sin creates viruses, if not you have nothing to say in this thread.

Rawshak

That is your take on the subject and I will leave that with you. Stay safe, stay happy.

I would offer there is only One God for all Faiths.

All the best Regards Tony
Thanks but like so many others in this thread you have not shown how sin creates viruses. I am starting to think those people who made the claim in the other thread were not being honest.;)

Rawshak

The answer may be as simple as, the believers in God may not know or understand the reason behind why God do what he do. Not every single answer to every situation is given in the holy scriptures in the different religions.
But CT you have to understand the Christians who made the claim were specific in their assertions that God had made the virus. Anyway take care bud.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
But CT you have to understand the Christians who made the claim were specific in their assertions that God had made the virus. Anyway take care bud.
They may be in good faith when they commented, that does not mean they can know 100% what God actually do or think, religious practice is called belief for a reason.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
Yeah, God must be pretty pleased with modern humans then, because he is striking us dead with deadly diseases FAR LESS than at any time in human history. And he is allowing us to live longer to boot!
It's not about God striking us dead, that's a caricature of what my post said. It's about what God permits in his providence.

As I said in post #6, one possible lesson to take away from this pandemic is the realization that we're not as in control of our destinies as we think we are. A mere virus is enough to endanger the entire global economy. A virus escapes a Chinese wet market and in weeks people the world over are strapped to ventilators.

We may be living longer, but the judge will summon us when he pleases nonetheless. Whether that judge is Christ, Yama or the being of light described in so many near death experiences, there's no escaping the judgment.

Last edited:

Clara Tea

Further to my thread on the Christian God and coronavirus some Christians informed me that sin was the cause of the coronavirus.

Sin. an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.

Virus. an infective agent that typically consists of a nucleic acid molecule in a protein coat, is too small to be seen by light microscopy, and is able to multiply only within the living cells of a host.

So how does a sin create a virus, what is the process?

The process is the butterfly effect. If you go back in time and let a butterfly loose in a field, it will flap, scare a grasshopper, which will scare a cow, create a stampede, kill cattle, starve humans for lack of cattle, etc.

In the case of following God's command (in Revelation) to not attack Iraq, you have to realize that an attack of Iraq set in motion a whole set of actions which interplayed in ways that humans could not follow. But, God, being all knowing, all-intelligent, and able to see the future was able to tell us (in Revelation....a chapter of the bible) not to do a certain thing or face the consequences.

Thus, if we elected W. Bush to be president, he would turn a blind eye to China, and the various people (like Fauci) who are paying the Wuhan lab to do bizarre experiments, and that, in turn, created the virus that was let loose on the world while China was all prepared with remdesivir to protect its own people. It quarantined a portion of its population while allowing the rest of the world to be exposed as planes flew out of the Wuhan airport.

So, one thing leads to another....the result is that only God (who can see the future) knows the true effects of actions today, and he warned us not to attack Iraq or Revelation 15 predicted seven plagues (along with other punishments).

Clara Tea

Yeah, God must be pretty pleased with modern humans then, because he is striking us dead with deadly diseases FAR LESS than at any time in human history. And he is allowing us to live longer to boot!

God knows what a terribly annoying pest I can be, and he definitely doesn't want me beside Him as He tries to rule the universe.

Clara Tea

Let he who is without sin cast the first....ouch....hey who threw that brick?

Lets try that again.....Let he who is....ouch.

I suspect that whomever is throwing bricks isn't really without sin.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Can you explain that process please?

If for example we are sexually promiscuous we may develop illnesses because of that.
If we are a liar, the stress involved with that can cause illness in our body and mental state.
If we are an alcoholic or drug addict our health can be affected.
If we are a violent person that can cause injury to our body.
An angry person can have much more stress and health issues as a consequence.
etc

DNB

Christian
I was addressing the thread to the correct sort of Christians who made the claim.
I thought that I offered a viable explanation on their behalf, ...assuming that they don't understand their position to be hyper-literal?