• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does God view us when we are feeling discouraged?

Deidre

I’m feeling down, today. Sometimes, I feel like God will find me ungrateful but I know this isn’t true. I don’t believe God views me like this but there are days you just feel down or discouraged. How do you think God views us on those days?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Compassionately, I'd assume. :) One thing I liked about Vaisnava thought was the idea the Krsna (god) was your eternal well-wisher.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I view our lives as still life paintings with each moment a little bit of the painting.

lioncub1503

Seven ate nine
“God is love.” -1 John 4:8

“Throw all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you.” -1 Peter 5:7

“The peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your mental powers.’” -Philippians 4:6,7

“We consider happy those who have endured...Jehovah [God] is very tender in affection and merciful.” -James 5:6

“Rejoice in the hope. Endure under tribulation. Persevere in prayer.“ -Romans 12:12

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
17 They cried out, and Jehovah heard; He rescued them from all their distresses.

18 Jehovah is close to the brokenhearted; He saves those who are crushed in spirit.

19 Many are the hardships of the righteous one, But Jehovah rescues him from them all.

— Psalm 34:17-19

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
I’m feeling down, today. Sometimes, I feel like God will find me ungrateful but I know this isn’t true. I don’t believe God views me like this but there are days you just feel down or discouraged. How do you think God views us on those days?
He views you exactly as you are: A work in progress, made in His image.

Deidre

I just noticed all of the other posts lol Sorry! Thank you to everyone, it really uplifted my spirits.

Misunderstood

You don't need to worry God will always love you, even during the times you feel no one can love you. It is us humans that are harder to read, we can really be hard on each other, even when we do not want to be.

I came across this today, and when came across your post, I thought it might help and decided to share it here.

If I had to do the assignment I would say:

Deidre;

God loves you now and for always. For myself I have never met you or know anything about you, so all I know is what you have written and how your spirit has shown through in what you say.

I find you to be the most sincere and compassionate person here on RF that I have interacted with. Because of this I feel safe to post how truly feel on your theads as they seem to stay civil. Never lose the empathy you show those around you.

Maybe everyone who reads this can leave a message of what you like about Deidre, it amazing how much words can help.