• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does God speak to you?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
While I was praying today my hands started tingling intensely and I was reminded that is one way God speaks to me. I don't know what the message is, but I've had my hands start tingling enough when in prayer that it has become clear that it is one way God speaks to me.

While in the restroom I then heard a gentle whisper next to my ear. There was no words unfortunately, just a barely detectable breath. It sounded kinda creepy.

Another way he speaks to me is changes in body temperature. Also I have visions. Various memories come back at the right time as well.

The main way God speaks to me is through coincidence.

When I was in jail I felt there was this murdered girl who was with me. I looked up her last name and it was Swedish. My dad told me I was part Swedish on my moms side. It was a coincidence that through her I found out I was Swedish. There was only one piece of money that showed up in the 11 months of incarceration and it was a penny dating 1974, the year she was murdered, and the first four letters of the word coincidence are coin.

It turns out the football team here is the Vikings, and the Swedes were vikings, so through her I got my favorite football team (They weren't my favorite team prior to that). Many coincidences took place like that which I take seriously because the chances of it all being coincidence are highly unlikely.

How does God speak to you? I appreciate anything you have to share on that topic. :)

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Sometimes I feel connected and other times not. For me living the life help me to be better attuned to Gods purpose and what He requires of me. In this regard there are six specific requisites for spiritual growth.

1. The recital each day of one of the Obligatory Prayers with pure-hearted devotion.

2. The regular reading of the Sacred Scriptures, specifically at least each morning and evening, with reverence, attention and thought.

3. Prayerful meditation on the teachings, so that we may understand them more deeply, fulfil them more faithfully, and convey them more accurately to others.

4. Striving every day to bring our behaviour more into accordance with the high standard that are set forth in the Teachings.

5. Teaching the Cause of God.

6. Selfless service in the work of the Cause and in the carrying on of our trade or profession.

It has taken many years to get to this point in my life and it is an ongoing journey. The important thing is strive each day. As Abdu'l-Baha has said "little by little, day by day.":)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
While I was praying today my hands started tingling intensely and I was reminded that is one way God speaks to me. I don't know what the message is, but I've had my hands start tingling enough when in prayer that it has become clear that it is one way God speaks to me.

While in the restroom I then heard a gentle whisper next to my ear. There was no words unfortunately, just a barely detectable breath. It sounded kinda creepy.

Another way he speaks to me is changes in body temperature. Also I have visions. Various memories come back at the right time as well.

When I was in jail I felt there was this murdered girl who was with me. I looked up her last name and it was Swedish. My dad told me I was part Swedish on my moms side. It was a coincidence that through her I found out I was Swedish. There was only one piece of money that showed up in the 11 months of incarceration and it was a penny dating 1974, the year she was murdered, and the first four letters of the word coincidence are coin.

It turns out the football team here is the Vikings, and the Swedes were vikings, so through her I got my favorite football team (They weren't my favorite team prior to that). Many coincidences took place like that which I take seriously because the chances of it all being coincidence are highly unlikely.

How does God speak to you? I appreciate anything you have to share on that topic. :)

The spirits speak to me through dreams and coincidences. The highest experience is during dance ritual outside. If it's to the point of crying, that's when I know the spirits exist. Coincidences happen usually that same day. If I'm lucky, I may get a dream. If I do, usually an incident the day later confirms everything.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
In my version of Hinduism, God uses the superconscious mind, (intuition) His mind, to speak with the devotee.

I asked someone far wiser than me one day about this process, "What are some hints on how do you tell if it's true direct cognition versus the seed of desire having you 'create' an answer that you just want?"

The explanation went something like this, "If you're in tune with energy, it comes UNBIDDEN, at off moments unexpectedly, and may well differ substantially than what you were hoping for."

So yeah, that's how God speaks to me. Most days He's silent.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I myself speak for God, he doesn't have a mouth, so he uses ours, that is when we are One with the Source, or Consciousness, I don't like that ugly G word.

IndigoStorm

When my hands began tingling my GP told me I had a pinched nerve in my shoulder. Guess he was unaware that it was god doing it.

In your case it seems odd that your god would actually speak with you but you were unable to understand him/her.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
When my hands began tingling my GP told me I had a pinched nerve in my shoulder. Guess he was unaware that it was god doing it.

In your case it seems odd that your god would actually speak with you but you were unable to understand him/her.
it's just that tingling in the hands has occurred a lot when in prayer. If it was a pinched nerve, it wouldn't just happen while praying

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God speaks only the truth. I think there are other speakers who might seem to speak from God, but they are not God Almighty imo. They speak different ways, and it appears to me that they are not all for goodness's sake. I almost never hear actual voices, if that is where you are going. Actually. sometimes they seem to use human voices, like in the lyrics to a song, and they add emphasis for meaning.

Can it be my own brain taking over reasonableness? Yes, it is possible. I am not schizophrenic.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
God speaks only the truth. I think there are other speakers who might seem to speak from God, but they are not God Almighty imo. They speak different ways, and it appears to me that they are not all for goodness's sake. I almost never hear actual voices, if that is where you are going. Actually. sometimes they seem to use human voices, like in the lyrics to a song, and they add emphasis for meaning.

Can it be my own brain taking over reasonableness? Yes, it is possible. I am not schizophrenic.
Are you ever able to write down what God is telling you?