• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Do You Want To Be Remembered?

Lightkeeper

I was thinking the other day that what I remember most about those I have lost is how they treated me. Has anyone else had this experience? Do you think you will be remembered for how you treated people?

Pah

Uber all member
Lightkeeper said:
I was thinking the other day that what I remember most about those I have lost is how they treated me. Has anyone else had this experience? Do you think you will be remembered for how you treated people?

I think that is the crux of love - how you are treated. I want to be remebered as a loving person.

-pah-

standing_on_one_foot

This reminds me of a quote of which I'm rather fond, something along the lines of "When I'm dead, I'd rather have people ask why I have no memorial than why I have one."

But I suppose I want to be remembered as having made a difference (a good one, mind) in people's lives. And I intend to be remembered as having been someone who cared about people and how they felt and thought but not in such a way as to be caught up in worrying what others thought of me, who could be trusted, who didn't give up on important things, even if they were impossible to achieve in my lifetime, who rose to the occasion when it really mattered, as someone who wasn't blindly optimistic but still believed in people and hoped, as someone who didn't just talk but acted...the list goes on quite a ways, as you might imagine. I've got my work cut out for me, hmm?

But in the end, if I'm just remembered as a person who loved and was loved, well, I figure it'll have been a lifetime well spent.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I want to be remembered as one of the many who strived for gay rights, animal rights, and human rights. That, and a crazy little girl fond of manga and incredibly quirky.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
I want to be remembered as the guy who took over the world...

Disregard that :) I DO NOT WANT TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD.

MY PLANS ARE NOT ALREADY IN ACTION...

I MEAN I DO NOT HAVE PLANS.

:)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Our beloved Emu will be remembered by the world, whether their plan to take over the world succeeds or not. Err... I mean, the plan that doesn't exist. Yeah... That's the ticket.

I hope to be remembered as a peace-maker. Even better would be to remembered as someone who gave a voice to those who had none.

Hope

Princesinha
I simply want to be remembered as having made a positive difference in other people's lives. Particularly the poor, the downtrodden, the needy, the abused, and the outcasts of society. Whether it be a few people, or many people, if I have helped them to see their true value and importance, and bring even the smallest ray of sunshine into their lives, then I will have lived a truly meaningful life.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
"And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, I'll say it clear,
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full.
I've traveled each and ev'ry highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way."

:jam:

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
lol. i dont want to be remembered. people will think, oh look at that kid, gerani. hes soo... gay. and thats it. maybe my family will be like, wow, good kid, artistic, musical, kind, funny, generous. but thats it. i want God to remember me. i want to remember myself.

Ceridwen018

Fair enough, Gerani, but I assure you I shall remember you for much more than that.

I'd like to be remembered for being a good friend and posessing limitless optimism.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
My brother recently told me of reading an author who pointed out that we might or might not remember what people say to us, but we never forget how they treated us. I wish I could remember the name of that author, but her name escapes me.

Melody

I don't care what they remember as long as it brings a smile to their face...or better yet....an outright laugh that makes them feel good.

My husband and his family still tell wacko stories about his first wife (died of breast cancer) and, though I've never met her, she's as real to me as if I did know her. Everytime they tell a story about her, everyone ends up rolling with laughter. That's how I want to be remembered....with laughter.

anders

When I'm gone, I'm gone, so it won't matter to me then. I am more concerned with how people regard me now. Or rather, I don't give a damn about that either, but anyway try to live a life that is acceptable to me as well as to others.