• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you tell when Hillary is stating her public or her private position?

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
How do you tell when Hillary is lying?

Her lips are moving.
Not quite, considering, per fact checker PolitFact:

Clinton:
10% = False
02% = Pants on Fire False
24% = Truthful

as compared to

Trump:
35% = False
17% = Pants on Fire False
04% = Truthful

Evidently, most of the fetor is emanating from one particular corner.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
"Public" means spoken to a general audience or using a public media. "Private" means not spoken or addressed to one person in particular.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Obama is a good example of being able to separate personal religious values with pubic constitutional law. That would be a good thing for Clinton. Imposing personal values on everyone, not such a good thing.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Not quite, considering, per fact checker PolitFact:

Clinton:
10% = False
02% = Pants on Fire False
24% = Truthful

as compared to

Trump:
35% = False
17% = Pants on Fire False
04% = Truthful

Evidently, most of the fetor is emanating from one particular corner.
Yep. The open transparent one.

Acim

Revelation all the time
Public: We have to make the rich pay their fair share. More taxes are necessary, and will benefit the poor.
Private: You all on Wall Street know we'll find loopholes around that nonsense. Gotta keep the poor, poor to make sure my party can still get votes.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
In one of her speeches, Hillary said you sometimes have to have a public and a private position... so.... how can you tell what her positions when no one's looking are?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...intons-once-private-wall-street-speeches.html
My opinion of Clinton has improved a lot since I read those email. She is exactly the kind of leader one should want. I can't believe that people think the leaks somehow is damaging to her! Blows my mind

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/927

You just have to sort of figure out how to -- getting back to that word, "balance" -- how to balance the public and the private efforts that are necessary to be successful, politically, and that's not just a comment about today. That, I think, has probably been true for all of our history, and if you saw the Spielberg movie, Lincoln, and how he was maneuvering and working to get the 13th Amendment passed, and he called one of my favorite predecessors, Secretary Seward, who had been the governor and senator from New York, ran against Lincoln for president, and he told Seward, I need your help to get this done. And Seward called some of his lobbyist friends who knew how to make a deal, and they just kept going at it. I mean, politics is like sausage being made. It is unsavory, and it always has been that way, but we usually end up where we need to be. But if everybody's watching, you know, all of the back room discussions and the deals, you know, then people get a little nervous, to say the least. So, you need both a public and a private position. And finally, I think -- I believe in evidence-based decision making. I want to know what the facts are. I mean, it's like when you guys go into some kind of a deal, you know, are you going to do that development or not, are you going to do that renovation or not, you know, you look at the numbers. You try to figure out what's going to work and what's not going to work.

I am 100% in alignment with these views expressed above. All the greatest leaders past and present would be.

Lighthouse

In one of her speeches, Hillary said you sometimes have to have a public and a private position... so.... how can you tell what her positions when no one's looking are?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...intons-once-private-wall-street-speeches.html

From the he-said she-said debacle, there is an aura among many that she is publically fake and publically believes in whatever is trending and the popular consensus to gather votes while privately being a shark. I.e.: 1 min she doesn't like gay marriage, the next min after it becomes more popular and socially accepted, she is all for it. She publically is fighting for women and equality, while at the same time she is accepting and dealing with many people in other countries who treat women very unequally.
We can't say we know one way or the other how she feels privately, outside of using our own judgement of mind in viewing certain policies she has supported and has been strong for in the past.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Public: We have to make the rich pay their fair share. More taxes are necessary, and will benefit the poor.
Private: You all on Wall Street know we'll find loopholes around that nonsense. Gotta keep the poor, poor to make sure my party can still get votes.
That is Trumps policy for sure. Hillarys plan and public record show she speaks the truth when she wants rich to pay fair share and close loop holes.

idav

Being
Premium Member
From the he-said she-said debacle, there is an aura among many that she is publically fake and publically believes in whatever is trending and the popular consensus to gather votes while privately being a shark. I.e.: 1 min she doesn't like gay marriage, the next min after it becomes more popular and socially accepted, she is all for it. She publically is fighting for women and equality, while at the same time she is accepting and dealing with many people in other countries who treat women very unequally.
We can't say we know one way or the other how she feels privately, outside of using our own judgement of mind in viewing certain policies she has supported and has been strong for in the past.
We can say cause Hillarys votes are a matter of public record which speaks favorably on things like women's rights and gay marriage and such.
http://www.ontheissues.org/Cabinet/Hillary_Clinton_Civil_Rights.htm

Acim

Revelation all the time
That is Trumps policy for sure. Hillarys plan and public record show she speaks the truth when she wants rich to pay fair share and close loop holes.

I see you're not a reader of Wikileaks. Either that, or this is in your first day on the planet and you're just getting to know Hillary. In the case of the latter, enjoy your visit and stay away from the brown acid.

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
If you can hear her, it's her public position. You're the public.

As someone who is required by the Constitution itself from expressing my personal opinions at work, the thought that there might be a difference between these two positions is not concerning or surprising to me. What is surprising to me is that so many people apparently want to elect into a diplomatic office someone who cannot keep their mouth shut. Personal authenticity is great in a stand-up comedian. It is not so good at preventing war or economic collapse.

idav

Being
Premium Member
I see you're not a reader of Wikileaks. Either that, or this is in your first day on the planet and you're just getting to know Hillary. In the case of the latter, enjoy your visit and stay away from the brown acid.
You'll need to be more specific. What does wiki leaks have to do with Hillary already public tax plan and already public voting record regarding taxes. Just saying "wikileaks" isn't enough. What email and what does it say specifically and was the email even written by Hillary?

Acim

Revelation all the time
You'll need to be more specific. What does wiki leaks have to do with Hillary already public tax plan and already public voting record regarding taxes. Just saying "wikileaks" isn't enough. What email and what does it say specifically and was the email even written by Hillary?

Nah, I'll let you do the investigative work. I know what I'm referencing, and know that it exemplifies a two-faced (essentially lying) politician. Pretty sure you'd spin it ways that deny that, so not worth presenting what I consider common knowledge at this point.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Nah, I'll let you do the investigative work. I know what I'm referencing, and know that it exemplifies a two-faced (essentially lying) politician. Pretty sure you'd spin it ways that deny that, so not worth presenting what I consider common knowledge at this point.
Your hilarious. There is no meat to your argument. If there is an email worth sharing then share it.