• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you reconcile the creating God of the bible with the reality of evolution.

The bible is filled with "God created" yet modern cosmology and evolution theory points to no godly intervention. How do I believe in the Bible's message inspite of this?

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Most Christian and Jewish theologians tend to feel that the creation accounts are probably allegory. There is nothing intrinsic to the basic ToE that eliminates the possibility of divine creation.

Regiomontanus

Retired astronomer, Russian Orthodox
The bible is filled with "God created" yet modern cosmology and evolution theory points to no godly intervention. How do I believe in the Bible's message inspite of this?

Hello. One way to reconcile this is to reconsider your definition of "create". For me this makes a lot of sense:

Process Theology

The writing of Whitehead is dense,not easy reading, but worth the effort IMHO.

Peace