• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you know your deity is good?

ThirtyThree

I think whatever deity we worship, we then reflect that deity, if we reflect love towards others, then your deity of choice is good.
I believe we are representatives of the deity we serve and, depending on the deity and our place with them, we are shaped into a pattern of their choosing.

syo

you say war is evil peace is good, right?

well wrong! why do you label them????????

syo

By that definition, chaos. Exactly what is wrong with chaos? Would you rather everything be stagnant perfection? Should nothing decay and die?
NO chaos is NOT disharmony! that's totaly wrong! i'll explain to you what chaos is give me a moment

syo

Cosmos = causality, logic
Chaos = everything that doesnot fit in causality, logic

In my religion Cosmos and Chaos are brothers.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
evil= non balanced = disharmony

Okay.
Ah this. Hmmm ok I should have elaborate more.

Harmony happens when two opossites are in balance. Gods created the balance. That's why the Cosmos works. Balance = Harmony = Good
So Gods are good.
If Gods were evil the Cosmos wouldn't work.
No. That's not it. Balance is not a balance between good and evil. Balance is between opposite forces and the success is good.
war peace two opposites
black white
light darkness

people misuse the opposites inbalance = evil
Cosmos = causality, logic
Chaos = everything that doesnot fit in causality, logic

In my religion Cosmos and Chaos are brothers.

It sounds a bit like you're sort of combining the Hellenic mythos with the Confucian principal of Yin/Yang.

Fair enough, that's not really how I tend to think of good or evil, but I can see how that works.

So what/where was the evil before man?

There was/is none outside of man in my op. We allow our electrical sensing to guide our emotions.
Throughout our life times we record the electrical sensing of our bodies in our brains. That record shapes who we are as individuals.

If we allow it, the negative recordings have the oppurtunity to manifest those negatives in ways we label evil.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
There was/is none outside of man in my op. We allow our electrical sensing to guide our emotions.
Throughout our life times we record the electrical sensing of our bodies in our brains. That record shapes who we are as individuals.

If we allow it, the negative recordings have the oppurtunity to manifest those negatives in ways we label evil.
so how was there a balance between good and evil?

so how was there a balance between good and evil?

Your equating good and evil to positive and negative but they are not the same thing.

Good and evil are concepts of mankind based on the actions of mankind. Our freewill allows us to chose our actions.
Positive/Negative are universal opposing conditions which must always give of themselves to the other out of their imbalance in order to remain balanced.
Thats gods law for the universe in order for it to exist in which it has no choice.

Evil doesn't give of itself for good..,.

Man should give of himself to man. Thy brothers keeper, love your neighbor as yourself etc...

When man choses to disobey the natural law as he does through greed,lust,selfishness etc... He creates imbalance in himself and others. The penalty for this is in equal measure as the offense in order to void mans imbalance.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Your equating good and evil to positive and negative but they are not the same thing.
So good and evil are not opposites?

Good and evil are concepts of mankind based on the actions of mankind.
So is pretty much everything else.
this does not explain anything.

Our freewill allows us to chose our actions.
and?

Positive/Negative are universal opposing conditions which must always give of themselves to the other out of their imbalance in order to remain balanced.
positive and negative are concepts of mankind based on the actions of mankind.
Just like good and evil...

So how is this not you merely chasing your tail?

Thats gods law for the universe in order for it to exist in which it has no choice.
except it is a concept of mankind....

Evil doesn't give of itself for good..,.

Man should give of himself to man. Thy brothers keeper, love your neighbor as yourself etc...

When man choses to disobey the natural law as he does through greed,lust,selfishness etc... He creates imbalance in himself and others. The penalty for this is in equal measure as the offense in order to void mans imbalance.
How is greed, lust, selfishness, etc. against "natural law"?

Actually, how about you define what you mean by "natural law"

So good and evil are not opposites?

So is pretty much everything else.
this does not explain anything.

and?

positive and negative are concepts of mankind based on the actions of mankind.
Just like good and evil...

So how is this not you merely chasing your tail?

except it is a concept of mankind....

How is greed, lust, selfishness, etc. against "natural law"?

Actually, how about you define what you mean by "natural law"

1. Call them what you like. They require nothing of each and either can be manifested without the other.

2. " And"choices are just that. If there was a mandated balance between the 2 than you wouldn't have a choice.

3. Positive and negative are conditions of electricity that exist whether or not you do and there for are not concepts of man.

4. No, your understanding of it is a concept but like I said, its there whether or not you are.

5. As I explained, giving of yourself to benefit another and receiving equally from others doing the same, creates harmony and balance within mankind. Plz tell me your capable of understanding that much.
The generative and radiant forces that create maintain and recycle this universe are bound by that very action. Its called "Interchange" and it absolutely IS natural law.

buddhist

In Buddhism, a "deity" is simply a being that has ascended spiritually, possessing greater powers, lifespan, and beauty than others lower than them, reaping such rewards as a result of their former actions and kamma. Their position on the "totem pole" does not demand that they be necessarily "good" or "evil".

A deity with largely good intentions might be called a "god", whereas another deity on the same level with evil intentions might be called a "demon".

Nahwns Reefglin

Servant of the Far Ones
By that, I mean how do you know the god or goddess you worship is actually a good deity? As in, a decent, moral, ethical deity? I personally believe almost all the gods and goddesses, both alien and indigenous existed and interacted with humans and helped made us what we are.

But how do you know your deity actually did the good things the deity claimed they did. How do you know the deity you worship wasn't actually some evil one that did bad things. Sometimes that happens even in history where historical figures can get praise but in reality they actually did horrible things. Such as when people say history is written by the winners, the winners weren't always saints as history sometimes makes them out to be.

Sometimes in religion a god will come up and claim all other gods are evil. Are they really? Or is it perhaps that one god is evil but pretending to be good in order to get praise. Some pantheons are known to clash, but how can you tell which pantheon actually is good?

The Far Ones are not "good" or "evil" they are not beholden to human constructs.