• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you know your deity is good?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
know what? that Gods aren't evil? nothing makes them evil. why on earth are they evil? but I admit there are human religions that wish for evil gods, what can I say.
So gods are not evil simply because you say so?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

It does kind of look like you're just assuming they're not evil, as if being not evil were somehow inherent to the status of Godhood.

That'd be fine, I'm also a polytheist so I don't care what people apply that status to or how they define it. (I think of the Gods as neither.) However, for myself, I'm curious: how do you define evil?

syo

It does kind of look like you're just assuming they're not evil, as if being not evil were somehow inherent to the status of Godhood.

That'd be fine, I'm also a polytheist so I don't care what people apply that status to or how they define it. (I think of the Gods as neither.) However, for myself, I'm curious: how do you define evil?
non balanced

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
You have merely declared that gods are not evil.
You have not provided anything to support that claim.
Thus the only thing that makes sense is that gods are not evil simply because you say so.
Now since I know nothing about you, I need more than your say so.

Though based upon your posts in this thread, I am not going to be holding my breath waiting for you to support your claim.

syo

You have merely declared that gods are not evil.
You have not provided anything to support that claim.
Thus the only thing that makes sense is that gods are not evil simply because you say so.
Now since I know nothing about you, I need more than your say so.

Though based upon your posts in this thread, I am not going to be holding my breath waiting for you to support your claim.
I'm just expressing my opinion, I'm not here to convince anyone, why should I give explanations? Nuh.... debating no!

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I'm just expressing my opinion, I'm not here to convince anyone, why should I give explanations? Nuh.... debating no!
If you are content with no one taking you seriously, by all means, continue as you are.

syo

If you are content with no one taking you seriously, by all means, continue as you are.
Why bother giving explanations to people who disagree with me?

I want to add that if people want to ask me sth go ahead I don't mind answering.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I want to add that if people want to ask me sth go ahead I don't mind answering.
Except you do not answer.
Your replies are most evasive.
Like you are ashamed of your answer.
Or like you are trying to hard to be mystical and mysterious.

Prime example is post #24 and #26.

By that, I mean how do you know the god or goddess you worship is actually a good deity? As in, a decent, moral, ethical deity? I personally believe almost all the gods and goddesses, both alien and indigenous existed and interacted with humans and helped made us what we are.

But how do you know your deity actually did the good things the deity claimed they did. How do you know the deity you worship wasn't actually some evil one that did bad things. Sometimes that happens even in history where historical figures can get praise but in reality they actually did horrible things. Such as when people say history is written by the winners, the winners weren't always saints as history sometimes makes them out to be.

Sometimes in religion a god will come up and claim all other gods are evil. Are they really? Or is it perhaps that one god is evil but pretending to be good in order to get praise. Some pantheons are known to clash, but how can you tell which pantheon actually is good?

The act of creating Comes from a desire to create. Thats not evil. The universe is a balanced creation. Thats not evil either.

Only man has the ability to be good or evil due to his conscious awareness and free choice.

Everything other than man exist in harmonic balance with the universe as it was intended excluding the possiblity of other undiscovered intelligent life in the universe.

syo

Except you do not answer.
Your replies are most evasive.
Like you are ashamed of your answer.
Or like you are trying to hard to be mystical and mysterious.

Prime example is post #24 and #26.
Ah this. Hmmm ok I should have elaborate more.

Harmony happens when two opossites are in balance. Gods created the balance. That's why the Cosmos works. Balance = Harmony = Good
So Gods are good.
If Gods were evil the Cosmos wouldn't work.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Ah this. Hmmm ok I should have elaborate more.

Harmony happens when two opossites are in balance. Gods created the balance. That's why the Cosmos works. Balance = Harmony = Good
So Gods are good.
If Gods were evil the Cosmos wouldn't work.
Except that in order to have your balance between good and evil, there must be evil.
If gods are not evil, where was this balance before god created people?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
The act of creating Comes from a desire to create. Thats not evil. The universe is a balanced creation. Thats not evil either.

Only man has the ability to be good or evil due to his conscious awareness and free choice.

Everything other than man exist in harmonic balance with the universe as it was intended excluding the possiblity of other undiscovered intelligent life in the universe.
So what/where was the evil before man?

syo

Except that in order to have your balance between good and evil, there must be evil.
If gods are not evil, where was this balance before god created people?
No. That's not it. Balance is not a balance between good and evil. Balance is between opposite forces and the success is good.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
No. That's not it. Balance is not a balance between good and evil. Balance is between opposite forces and the success is good.
you seem to be chasing your own tail.

Though I accept that perhaps you are not explaining it very well and or I am not understanding it very well.

ThirtyThree

I do not concern myself as to whether my deity is good or not. The way I see it, who am I to judge Him? I simply serve Him, regardless if He is good or evil.

syo

war peace two opposites
black white
light darkness

people misuse the opposites inbalance = evil