• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you know that your country won't be invaded, or cannot be invaded?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
well.....Nike......lost

Actually Santa Anna lost. James K. Polk won.

The U.S. acquired more land under Polk than any other President. We annexed Texas, got the Mexican Cession, and Oregon Country all during his administration.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm just saying hypothetically, would the rest of NATO attack Turkey if Turkey were to attack Greece?

Does the Charter of NATO itself afford a collective response by the organisation against another member?

NATO - Official text: The North Atlantic Treaty, 04-Apr.-1949

The Parties to this Treaty reaffirm their faith in the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations and their desire to live in peace with all peoples and all governments.
They are determined to safeguard the freedom, common heritage and civilisation of their peoples, founded on the principles of democracy, individual liberty and the rule of law. They seek to promote stability and well-being in the North Atlantic area.
They are resolved to unite their efforts for collective defence and for the preservation of peace and security. They therefore agree to this North Atlantic Treaty :

Article 1
The Parties undertake, as set forth in the Charter of the United Nations, to settle any international dispute in which they may be involved by peaceful means in such a manner that international peace and security and justice are not endangered, and to refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force in any manner inconsistent with the purposes of the United Nations.

Considering that the preamble and Article 1 both make direct reference to the Charter of the United Nations, which specifically forbids aggressive warfare, I would say that one nation engaging in aggressive warfare against another nation would indicate a violation of the NATO treaty and the UN Charter.

So, to answer your question, if Turkey invades Greece, the likely response would be an ultimatum telling Turkey to remove its troops from Greek territory. If they refuse, then the countries of NATO would be bound by the same treaty to expel or suspend Turkey from the organization and come to the aid of Greece.

I try to think of reasons why invasions occur.

Like Russia with its former territory or things that started the first Civil War in the US.
Many wars have been fought on account of retribution.

As a matter of fact, I believe that Armageddon will be fought on account of retribution, although the Bible doesn't actually mention the reasons underpinning such a religious crusade:-

images(45).jpg

2 Thessalonians 1
7 the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from Heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who know not God, and who obey not the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

I am not worried of foreign invasion
we have too many guns

but America has some civil unrest that needs to be .......considered
Socially registered people are not always part of the political establishment in America, and you are evidently not privy to gain access to Classified state secrets regarding the recent events in the US.

Consequently, I disagree with your statement on multiple counts:-

(1) Most of the 1.3 people in the US military have recently died because they've killed by the angels of wrath.

(2) America's entire military equipment was severely damaged and disabled (which includes its weapons of mass destruction) by the angels of wrath.

(3) Most of America's firearms owners have recently died because they've been killed by the angels of wrath (which includes most of the people in the National Rifle Association) in order to prevent the onset of Insurgents, Resistance or civilian militias in the event of all out foreign invasion of the United States.

Ultimately, you know nothing about America's state secrets as you are clearly not a member of the political establishment.

images(45).jpg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Socially registered people are not always part of the political establishment in America, and you are evidently not privy to gain access to Classified state secrets regarding the recent events in the US.

Consequently, I disagree with your statement on multiple counts:-

(1) Most of the 1.3 people in the US military have recently died because they've killed by the angels of wrath.

(2) America's entire military equipment was severely damaged and disabled (which includes its weapons of mass destruction) by the angels of wrath.

(3) Most of America's firearms owners have recently died because they've been killed by the angels of wrath (which includes most of the people in the National Rifle Association) in order to prevent the onset of Insurgents, Resistance or civilian militias in the event of all out foreign invasion of the United States.

Ultimately, you know nothing about America's state secrets as you are clearly not a member of the political establishment.

View attachment 49934

I live in a military town with a lot of firearms owners, but things still seem pretty normal. I haven't heard of or noticed any angels of wrath.

Sometimes I wish there would be angels of wrath or something similar.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
It's not though, is it? It's desperate people fleeing poverty and hopelessness. The same as the refugees washing up every day in Mediterranean Europe. Thinking of these people as invaders isn't really very helpful.

They're not going to stop coming no matter how high you build that wall btw. The problem is real enough, and it's world wide. It's probably time the international community came up with some coherent solutions; not sure what those might be, but demonising the desperate is a dead end imo.
I didn't say they were demons
just invaders
in large numbers

now.....if they were wearing uniforms
and combat gear.....

I think we would forgo that wall

that they move in and squat.......does not diminish their invasion however

like any other invasion.....our resources will be plundered

where are the angels of wrath when you need them?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Could the idea of an invasion be null and void by forming a political union between Mexico and the US?
YES

and I have posted repeatedly

America should annex Mexico
make it official

they want what we got?
they can become like us

and learn English

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Many wars have been fought on account of retribution.

As a matter of fact, I believe that Armageddon will be fought on account of retribution, although the Bible doesn't actually mention the reasons underpinning such a religious crusade:-

View attachment 49933

2 Thessalonians 1
7 the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from Heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who know not God, and who obey not the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,
The Battle of Armageddon was fought in 1918. Australia won. Battle of Megiddo (1918) - Wikipedia

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
Many wars have been fought to right a wrong for the sake of retribution.

Because two wrongs make right.
Not.

Did it take them to some nice emotional places, do you think…? My guess: no

What is your thread about, my friend? Do you wish to play on peoples’ fears to acquire a greater sense of division or have you perhaps constructive intentions of some sort?

Humbly
Hermit