• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you know that your country won't be invaded, or cannot be invaded?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I wonder if the Mexicans would run back home
if China came busting in on American soil

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
In view of the fact that many countries still have a poor military capability, or no military capability at all how much longer can you pretend that your country won't be invaded, or cannot be invaded?

Surely, they are empty words and empty threats, which have no substance at all because they are not supported by any real military capability?

For how much longer can you pretend that your country cannot be invaded?
I think people can be complacent, but I don't think most would be that unrealistic to not think of that possibility.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Or ask why would they even want to come here in the first place!
oh....but they do

the southern border.....overwhelmed

China can farm only 10% of it's land
but holds almost 20% of the earth's population
(check my numbers.....it's been awhile)

and hey......we have water

Thief

Rogue Theologian
and YES.....the invasion of America's southern border......

IS AN INVASION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wake up

people

Altfish

Veteran Member
In view of the fact that many countries still have a poor military capability, or no military capability at all how much longer can you pretend that your country won't be invaded, or cannot be invaded?

Surely, they are empty words and empty threats, which have no substance at all because they are not supported by any real military capability?

For how much longer can you pretend that your country cannot be invaded?
"This post is paid for by the defence industry,"*

RestlessSoul

As far as Derby under Bonny Prince Charlie until uncertainty about a French support invasion appearing (it would have) and Highland Clans wanting to take their spoils home and consolidate rule in Scotland made them turn around.

Could well have taken London otherwise.

Partly true, but more of a myth (the name the Glorious Revolution betrays its anti-Catholic animus). Just because some powerful people supported him doesn't mean it wasn't an invasion. William the Conquerer had some local support too, was still an invasion.

It was also met with minimal resistance because the foreign prince landed with a big army they couldn't match. And there were numerous rebellions.

William the Conqueror displaced the entire ruling class, and imposed his own system of government. He and his successors built chains of castles up and down the country to establish Norman authority. William of Orange did nothing like that; not even close.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sometimes military prowess is overrated. Take Afghanistan or Vietnam, for example.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I am not worried of foreign invasion
we have too many guns

but America has some civil unrest that needs to be .......considered
I can not speak for America and how things are there now. Some are happy with new president some are not as it look from outside