• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you KNOW that you are "right"?

JeedaiMan88

Because the Force has shown itself to me. It is withink every plant and animal, every living person, and i cannot deny what is right inf front of me. i hope i dont have to repeat my "forcefish" story again...

DavyCrocket2003

I would like to explain somewhat my perspective which drove me to adamently state my faith to be true:
I believe that the only way to acheive exhaltation is through my church. Sorry but I do, there's no changing that fact. At the same time, I believe that there are many, many good religions throughout the world. Please don't take offense. I understand the fact that you guys do not believe my religion to be true in the same way that I do, or perhaps not at all. Because of these veiws I hold, it makes sense why I yearn to share my knowledge with you. It's like we're all out in the ocean drowning and I have a lifeboat. I can't just sit there and let you drown. That is why I said what I said, in the hope of saving someone- anyone. And if you guys don't believe me now, you will after we are all dead. So you will find out sooner or later but I just wish it were sooner. Just imagine if I were right for a minute. Wouldn't it be worth a little time just to find out? Well enough preaching. Now I hope you guys can understand a little better why I am so adament about my church.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Welcome to the Forums, Davy! By the way, preaching is against Forum rules. :) Just so you know.

Master Vigil

We understant Davy, however if I said the same thing about my religion. Would you believe me? If you wouldn't, you will understand why I don't believe yours.

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
... When you understand why you don't believe in other gods you'll understand why I don't believe in yours.

--paraphrasing a quote from someone I don't know.

It seems to me a lot of people here 'know' the truth because they just feel that way, and it sounds right to them. That sounds dishonest to yourself to me. I would love to believe in eternal bliss and happiness but the evidence shows it isn't so. I've come to accept that and I'm at peace with that.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Original Freak said:
It seems to me a lot of people here 'know' the truth because they just feel that way, and it sounds right to them. That sounds dishonest to yourself to me. I would love to believe in eternal bliss and happiness but the evidence shows it isn't so. I've come to accept that and I'm at peace with that.
they may feel that they "know" because they too have seen evidence that, in their eyes, proves that G-d or some other Divine force exists. It's really a matter of perspective in that case...