• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you "know" that others are wrong and you are right?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I am glad to hear you are not leaving RF. :)
I hardly ever have time to get involved in any threads that I did not start but sometimes I do it they are interesting to me.
I have been back and forth on leaving or not. But again I find the benefit of RF to be better to stay then leaving. I have people in here I really like :) and some I want to kick in the butt :D

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I have been back and forth on leaving or not. But again I find the benefit of RF to be better to stay then leaving. I have people in here I really like :) and some I want to kick in the butt :D
Most everyone here I like or really like, even though their beliefs differ markedly from my beliefs, but once in a while there are some Baha'is on a Baha'i forum I would like to kick in the butt, but instead I just tell them what Baha'u'llah wrote on not criticizing others...

26: O SON OF BEING! How couldst thou forget thine own faults and busy thyself with the faults of others? Whoso doeth this is accursed of Me. The Hidden Words of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 10

and then I let them be embarrassed for their judgmental remarks. But usually those posters do not come back to read what I posted.... I call them hit and run posters. :rolleyes:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
That is not where I would pray God sends them. ;)
You rather keep them close by;), so you can teach them yourself, in case God forgets or to give God a day of:)
Okay, now I am serious again. Where would you send them? Don't you think heaven + God is the best place to put "bad guys" (so they can change for the better)?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You rather keep them close by;), so you can teach them yourself, in case God forgets or to give God a day of:)
Okay, now I am serious again. Where would you send them? Don't you think heaven + God is the best place to put "bad guys" (so they can change for the better)?
Wonder if God will have fun spanking atheists butt from time to time :confused::p

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
For those religious believers who really BELIEVE that there is a hell they BELIEVE they are rescuing you from hell, so from their perceptive it is an act of kindness and compassion. This is not coming from them, so it is not ego. It is coming from what they BELIEVE is an accurate interpretation of their scriptures.

Whilst most of the time I've been told about hell it didn't seem to be coming from a place of love, I've also experienced what you're talking about here.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
They tear you down because they are intolerant, and write a check they're butt cant cash. And I do say knowledge is a religious thing. Aswell, if faith in life is hope, is it true that atheism is God murder? But, really they need to do the science for their own existence, and know very little.

Well, at least you're fighting against intolerance.

Milton Platt

In the week or so since I come back to RF I noticed even more negativity then before I left.
And often (not always) the discussion derail because a non believer start asking questions that is non related to the OP, where it is very clear that their mission is to debunk any form of personal spiritual belief.

How do this people know they are correct when they can not prove the spiritual experience that others have is real?
What is the purpose of slandering a religion you do not follow your self? Yes I know you do not believe, burn the religious people do. And guess what, the religion is for the religious people to follow not the non religious.

And yes I know some religious people try to hard to convert you. But you can say No thank you. I do not believe, and just leave the discussion ;)

How hard can it be?

Define the word "know" as you are using it here.
This is a forum for debating various religious beliefs.....that includes debating whether they can be demonstrated to be true. Yes, there are some (religious and non-religious) who are a bit too blunt sometimes.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Define the word "know" as you are using it.
In most cases it is very clear (to me) that atheists are 100% sure they got it right and anyone who hold a belief is wrong or telling lies because they don't dare to say other.
How do Atheists that do not believe in any form of deity or spiritual beings, know for so sure that every religious or spiritual person is wrong. Even claims that spiritual people don't know their own belief?
And I add a question. Why do some atheists see it as their duty to damage religion as much as they can, when they do not believe in it any way?

I disagree with atheists, but I have no pleasure in damage their view. I just fight for the rights of religious people.

Milton Platt

In most cases it is very clear (to me) that atheists are 100% sure they got it right and anyone who hold a belief is wrong or telling lies because they don't dare to say other.
How do Atheists that do not believe in any form of deity or spiritual beings, know for so sure that every religious or spiritual person is wrong. Even claims that spiritual people don't know their own belief?
And I add a question. Why do some atheists see it as their duty to damage religion as much as they can, when they do not believe in it any way?

I disagree with atheists, but I have no pleasure in damage their view. I just fight for the rights of religious people.

Very few atheists claim 100% confidence, since that is unachievable. I have seen very little in the way of actual lying, although there have been plenty of instances of being incorrect or using faulty logic. People are people. You should never criticize any large group collectively, because you will be inevitably wrong about some of them, and you will be overlooking those in other groups who are guilty of the supposed offence.
People who attack religion's many flaws are going to be predominately atheist. Religious folks rarely attack their own groups. But those who are opposed to religion are better characterized as anti-theists.
Why should religions get a free pass when it comes to critical examination?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Very few atheists claim 100% confidence, since that is unachievable. I have seen very little in the way of actual lying, although there have been plenty of instances of being incorrect or using faulty logic. People are people. You should never criticize any large group collectively, because you will be inevitably wrong about some of them, and you will be overlooking those in other groups who are guilty of the supposed offence.
People who attack religion's many flaws are going to be predominately atheist. Religious folks rarely attack their own groups. But those who are opposed to religion are better characterized as anti-theists.
Why should religions get a free pass when it comes to critical examination?
The critical examination happens within each religion by the practitioners. No need for atheists to tell what is right or wrong in a religious practice they do not follow them self.
I can personally say I find my own fault in my practice, not in the teaching. But in my own way of practice. I do not need an atheist to tell me.

Of course I only speak for my self. So other people for other spiritual practices can answer for them self.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Whilst most of the time I've been told about hell it didn't seem to be coming from a place of love, I've also experienced what you're talking about here.
I think we have all experienced it. :rolleyes:
At one time I was called a Baha'i atheist and was told I would go to hell with all the other atheists.
I told that Christian I would rather go to hell with the atheists than go to heaven with him.

Then recently I was told that I am going to hell because I do not believe in the bodily resurrection, even though I believe in Jesus and that He was sent by God. I asked where Jesus ever said that believing in the bodily resurrection was a requirement for getting into heaven and all I got was dead silence, no verses whatsoever.
Go figure. o_O

I left that forum not long ago and left that Christian in the capable hands of an atheist. That Christian is not doing very well. ;)

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I think we have all experienced it. :rolleyes:
At one time I was called a Baha'i atheist and was told I would go to hell with all the other atheists.
I told that Christian I would rather go to hell with the atheists than go to heaven with him.

Then recently I was told that I am going to hell because I do not believe in the bodily resurrection, even though I believe in Jesus and that He was sent by God. I asked where Jesus ever said that believing in the bodily resurrection was a requirement for getting into heaven and all I got was dead silence, no verses whatsoever.
Go figure. o_O

I left that forum not long ago and left that Christian in the capable hands of an atheist. That Christian is not doing very well. ;)

All too common.
But I agree with your point that it can also come from a place of love, although conceptually that confuses me in some levels.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Science said that MATHS proved him wrong, so then he claims so MATHS proved him right.

0 cold spatial conditions in creation....for he does not live nor exist in an empty spatial vacuum as the other part or portion of space.

0 to one he said held cold radiation fusion, seeing ONE is O planet, God, the owner/holder of energy, holder of the mass of minerals he used to build his machines, One God science only belongs to the stone/planet.

However the bio life lives in the heavenly body....so he said and stated in science maths aware less of the son.....no Man is God.

Reason for its statement, for he got life sacrificed by using ONE, to minus it back to minus one.

Minus one therefore proved that science and maths is evil.....fact of male statement science proved me right, for science is wrong. What science says to his own self every single day.

Heyo

Veteran Member
The critical examination happens within each religion by the practitioners. No need for atheists to tell what is right or wrong in a religious practice they do not follow them self.
When people only discuss between themselves they risk to miss the faults that result from communally accepting a false premise. You might need someone from the outside to see things more objectively.
But ...
there is a place and a time for those debates. It is rude to force such a debate on a group that is not open to it.
A believer shouldn't go to a school and preach YEC and a scientist shouldn't go into a church and teach evolution (unless invited).

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
When people only discuss between themselves they risk to miss the faults that result from communally accepting a false premise. You might need someone from the outside to see things more objectively.
But ...
there is a place and a time for those debates. It is rude to force such a debate on a group that is not open to it.
A believer shouldn't go to a school and preach YEC and a scientist shouldn't go into a church and teach evolution (unless invited).
The best way that I discovered for my self and my cultivation, is to speak with people from the cultivation path I chosen to practice. Second best is religious or spiritual people from other practices. But again this is only my own way. I don't ask others to like me. But honestly someone who do not practice religion or spiritual teaching can not understand the deeper meaning of those teachings.
Spiritual practitioners use many years of study to get the deeper understanding of the teaching. Daily practice. That is the big difference.

Personally I have had a few bumps in my path so sometimes I react in a wrong way, that is on me and only me. But I am aware of it and working on it.

Heyo

Veteran Member
The best way that I discovered for my self and my cultivation, is to speak with people from the cultivation path I chosen to practice. Second best is religious or spiritual people from other practices. But again this is only my own way. I don't ask others to like me. But honestly someone who do not practice religion or spiritual teaching can not understand the deeper meaning of those teachings.
Spiritual practitioners use many years of study to get the deeper understanding of the teaching. Daily practice. That is the big difference.

Personally I have had a few bumps in my path so sometimes I react in a wrong way, that is on me and only me. But I am aware of it and working on it.
Scientists also like to talk to other scientists of the same field who have much experience. Which makes sense when the question at hand requires deep knowledge.
It is only when an answer can't be found within the system that they turn to other scientists or even to philosophers.
In so far your approach is good practise. Just don't forget to look around once in a while.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Scientists also like to talk to other scientists of the same field who have much experience. Which makes sense when the question at hand requires deep knowledge.
It is only when an answer can't be found within the system that they turn to other scientists or even to philosophers.
In so far your approach is good practise. Just don't forget to look around once in a while.
I do look around, but our human world disappoint me greatly, so in my experience it's better to look within one self to fix our own problems.