• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you guys pick out a Secret Santa gift?

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
So, we're doing the Secret Santa thing at work, and my person did not put down ANY paramters? :confused:

No likes, no dislikes, no allergies, no nothing. Not even no more fruitcake.:p

I don't know the person very well, so I'm kinda' shooting in the dark. So, here are my questions:

How much brain power should I put into trying to figure out what this person might want? and
What are some universal Secret Santa gifts you guys have given that seem to go over pretty well? :)

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Male or female?

Check our their office or workspace and see what they may collect. Do they like plants? (I love giving potted plants to teachers and others I don't know so well. Even if they don't keep them, they enjoy them for a while).

Most people love giftcards to a store or restaurant or gascards. The only thing I ever tell people when they ask me what I want is a bookstore giftcard.

evearael

How much do you want to spend? Could you share what little you do know?

Nice bath stuff and candles are the default gifts for women that you really don't know too well.

For a man you don't really know, I would tend towards some sort of toy or gadget from somewhere like the Sharper Image or Brookstone.

lunamoth

Will to love
CaptainXeroid said:
How much brain power should I put into trying to figure out what this person might want?

Depends on what kind of impression you want to make. I would not sweat too much over it. :)

What are some universal Secret Santa gifts you guys have given that seem to go over pretty well? :)

I think the gift card idea is great: Starbucks and Borders are good if you don't know male or female. Attach it to a nice box of chocolate or nuts.

cardero

Citizen Mod
When in doubt Money is always a good bet. Gift certificates to nearby restaurants is also very practical (they gotta eat).