• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you get rid of hatred for someone and forgive them?

anisha_astrologer

starstell.com
honestly, hatred is somethin which is felt as intensely as love and in some cases even more than that. it is very difficult to escape hatred. it is true that hinduism teaches the path of love and forgiveness but at the same time there are instances where god himself has punished culprits after forgiving them multiple times. Lord krishna forgave Sishupal's hundred mistakes and insults hurled upon him (hundred is a big number because today we can't tolerate even one) but finally killed him on his hundred first insult. the best you can do is stay away from her and indifference is the word for you till the day when hatred escapes your heart.

anisha starstell.com

Last edited:

Me Myself

Back to my username
honestly, hatred is somethin which is felt as intensely as love and in some cases even more than that. it is very difficult to escape hatred. it is true that hinduism teaches the path of love and forgiveness but at the same time there are instances where god himself has punished culprits after forgiving them multiple times. Lord krishna forgave Sishupal's hundred mistakes and insults hurled upon him (hundred is a big number because today we can't tolerate even one) but finally killed him on his hundred first insult. the best you can do is stay away from her and indifference is the word for you till the day when hatred escapes your heart.

anisha starstell.com

Did he did it because of anger? I´ve just seen the Mahabharat series so my comment is practically meaningles, but I wouldn´t think he did it because of anger. Killing somebody for just one of those insults was the equivalent to putting someone in jail for robbery in today´s life I would think, and he waited 100 of them. You may correct me :eek:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
:namaste anisha_astrologer

the best you can do is stay away from her and indifference is the word for you till the day when hatred escapes your heart.

anisha starstell.com

We did bury the hatchet (and not in each others' shoulder blades :angel2:), for the most part, but she still annoys the snot out of me. I need to keep my distance for my own sanity.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
:namaste anisha_astrologer

We did bury the hatchet (and not in each others' shoulder blades :angel2:), for the most part, but she still annoys the snot out of me. I need to keep my distance for my own sanity.

This is always a realistic option, and one that many people take to. Its only human to not get along with EVERYONE. How many kids move out on overbearing parents, just to be some distance away, so that interaction is limited by geography and cost? Most people can handle 3 times a year, or less. Its no big deal then.