• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you feel about furries?

Dacchuist

I'm trying to find out how people feel about certain subjects, from LGBTQA+ to Religion, and now I would like to know how people feel about furries.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
While studying psychology back in the time before time, we once had a party where everyone came, not as a dress up furry, but as a furry character and interacted with each other. I was a kitty cat who got into a safe place and hissed at anyone who came close. It was fun and I learned something about myself and how I felt and interacted during parties at that time.

We have the esteemed @Wu Wei and others including myself who are at least semi-furries as well.

So to me it's harmless fun and possibly psychologically useful.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't feel any particular way about something that I have, at best, a cursory familiar with. I've only had one acquaintance who was involved in this community. It didn't really come up in conversation... they'd just mention they were going to some conventions and would be gone for a while and we were all like "cool, have fun!"

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
While studying psychology back in the time before time, we once had a party where everyone came, not as a dress up furry, but as a furry character and interacted with each other. I was a kitty cat who got into a safe place and hissed at anyone who came close. It was fun and I learned something about myself and how I felt and interacted during parties at that time.

We have the esteemed @Wu Wei and others including myself who are at least semi-furries as well.

So to me it's harmless fun and possibly psychologically useful.

If you detected my slight reserve in my post above, it's only because I have been to furries communities and seen them post lots of adult pictures of cartoon, half animal half human creatures depicted kissing, etc. And I decided it wasn't something I wanted to see.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
OK...I'm apparently missing something here.......
confused-bear.jpg

But I'll be danged if I can figure out what it is

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'll give you another example of how furries might make one feel uncomfortable...

In the video game Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, Sonic is believed to have shared a human relationship beyond friendship with a young human woman. She even kisses him toward the very end of the game.

The game got bad reviews, with many reviewers feeling uncomfortable because of that, and also not liking the poor gameplay mechanics of the game.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I see them as a potential pool of tech investors for textiles research companies. The furry movement might attract more people if there were better temperature and climate controls for the furry suits. Hygiene must be difficult in a heavy completely enclosing suit.

Dacchuist

I see them as a potential pool of tech investors for textiles research companies. The furry movement might attract more people if there were better temperature and climate controls for the furry suits. Hygiene must be difficult in a heavy completely enclosing suit.

Funny you should say that.
These new suits have fans in the chin, and are led-run, so they have facial expressions.
Only problem is that they cost upwards of 2,000$.[GALLERY=media, 9353]Proto by Dacchuist posted Oct 13, 2020 at 11:42 AM[/GALLERY]

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I view it as kind of in the same vein as the anime community. Mostly a lot of generally enthusiastic everyday folk but with an underlying minority who exhibit very juvenile or toxic behavior or obsessions.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Funny you should say that.
These new suits have fans in the chin, and are led-run, so they have facial expressions.
Only problem is that they cost upwards of 2,000$.[GALLERY=media, 9353]Proto by Dacchuist posted Oct 13, 2020 at 11:42 AM[/GALLERY]
I'm not able to see that. You may have to change permissions on the album for people to follow your link.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
I view it as kind of in the same vein as the anime community. Mostly a lot of generally enthusiastic everyday folk but with an underlying minority who exhibit very juvenile or toxic behavior or obsessions.
It reminds me of LARP. Have you heard of that?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It reminds me of LARP. Have you heard of that?
Yep! We have a few LARPers here on RF. I've only done one or two at conventions. It feels more like improv theater than engaging with the furry community does, tbh. But there's plenty of RP among furry people too.