• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you feel about Bill Gates, do you trust him?

Choose which option(s) agree best with you

• 01) I trust Bill Gates with my computer data

• 02) I trust Bill Gates with my body, getting the Corona vaccination

• 03 I don't trust Bill Gates with my computer data

• 04) I don't trust Bill Gates with my body, getting the Corona vaccination

• 05) I will take the Corona vaccination

• 06) I don't want to take the Corona vaccination

• 07) I will take the Corona vaccination if it is imposed on us

• 08) I believe the corona vaccination should be imposed on all

• 09) I don't trust the US government with my computer data

• 10) I trust the US government with my body, getting the Corona vaccination

Results are only viewable after voting.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Yet the main holy books still teach violence in gods name and many accept those teachings
IMO: The Holy Books don't teach violence. It is people interpreting it violently due to hate/anger in themselves, projecting their hate/anger on God, Holy Books or anything, to avoid introspection and changing themselves. Of course all are free to have their opinion "Holy Books teach violence".

stvdv

I'm not saying they don't but they must be very busy robots. Including your post. And now mine! Oh damn.
Yes. They are really busy with mine, I just checked 35 and counting:), out of 83 (but I started it, so it is to be expected that I score high here)

But in reality it is not a biggie. They already scan continuously, offering corrections for typos, and asterix out certain words. IF they are smart the same robot checking this, automatically checks on terrorism, only it won't tell you, it sends a message, sneakily, to the CIA, and when you finished your message the CIA already knocks at your door:D

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
IMO: The Holy Books don't teach violence. It is people interpreting it violently due to hate/anger in themselves, projecting their hate/anger on God, Holy Books or anything, to avoid introspection and changing themselves. Of course all are free to have their opinion "Holy Books teach violence".

The violence is there in the books. Some see it as teaching, others don't Interpretation is not my problem, the fact that some see it as gods word is enough to spark many a war and/or massacre

stvdv

I expected that one.

This is what I had in mind, when writing it:
I think it is a good virtue to be grateful. A grateful prayer to me does not mean praying to the Christian God. I always have liked the respect and gratefulness, that I read in the stories about the Aboriginals and Indians in America (and the Incas and other nature cultures)

stvdv

The violence is there in the books. Some see it as teaching, others don't Interpretation is not my problem, the fact that some see it as gods word is enough to spark many a war and/or massacre
If a doctor cuts you with a knife, you are happy, as he uses the knife to help you
If a killer cuts you with a knife, your are unhappy, as he uses the knife to hurt you

Same with Holy Books. How do you use the knife, how do you use the Holy Book

More clear than this I can not put it

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Just out of curiosity, and not needing to start a thread on him

Interesting to hear/see that you trust Elon Musk
How much do you trust Elon Musk?

Just to get a clearer picture of how much you trust Bill Gates

Not a lot, given that I'm not enamoured with MS OSs, but the one least liked (Win10) came about after Gates left I believe, and as mentioned, he is a bit of a philanthropist (along with his wife), but Elon Musk comes across as rather nasty - given his targeting of another in the cave rescue case. And his satellite empire seems a bit reckless (for astronomers). So perhaps the scales are easily weighted towards Gates. :D

Gates seems a sensible chap but I can't answer your poll.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
How do you feel about Bill Gates, do you trust him?
As long as you're not competing with him he's great. I read a little and recognize in him qualities of other friends I've had. My feeling is he's probably not excellent at introspection but is a moral person. Its ironic but he's probably more trusting than other people, so he may not grasp your concerns about privacy. I don't envision him as an amoral person. Nobody has everything right.

Data? I try not to give my data to anybody. Its too dangerous to let the government or companies accumulate too much. I've seen what can be found with it, and its almost preternatural what can be deduced. Its like with enough data a computer can see around corners, sometimes.

The rub is this: free internet services, small internet companies versus gargantuan internet giants. What do we want? Do we want Google, or do we want what came before? Do we want Facebook, or do we want personal web pages? How big shoudl big data be? Its not actually about Bill Gates. It is about how large companies should be permitted to grow.

ChristineM

Premium Member
If a doctor cuts you with a knife, you are happy, as he uses the knife to help you
If a killer cuts you with a knife, your are unhappy, as he uses the knife to hurt you

Same with Holy Books. How do you use the knife, how do you use the Holy Book

More clear than this I can not put it

Except doctor's have extensive examinations and the hippocratic oath, there is no such oath for those reading and learning from the bible, there is no control over how it is taught

stvdv

Of course I don't trust him. He's a super rich elitist with his own agenda.
I like that reply; short and precise.

I just started thinking about Bill Gates, after seeing the picture in the OP with Epstein. Not a smart (read stupid) move of Bill Gates. But the concern he showed for the poor children in Africa and India seemed honest and very nice in the short video. I have seen many pictures of him. Pictures tell a lot. In the old pictures he looks autistic. I can be totally wrong of course, but autistic people I know are honest. And they can be very smart

So for now, he still has the advantage of the doubt in my eyes. I think he might got lured in by Epstein.

Why don't you trust him?
No doubt he is very rich. That is no problem for me, though. If it makes him happy, good for him. I am very poor compared to that, but happy too.
What do you think is his own agenda?
He has been quite clear in videos about his agenda; those felt okay to me. Is there an agenda, you heard of, that does not feel okay?

PureX

Veteran Member
Gates did a lot of very shady stuff to become very rich. This does not speak well of his character. On the other hand, since he became so rich he has tried to do some good in the world with all that wealth. Although I applaud his new-found empathy and concern, in my eyes that does not redeem him. So I would still not trust him.

stvdv

Except doctor's have extensive examinations and the hippocratic oath, there is no such oath for those reading and learning from the bible, there is no control over how it is taught
There is if you have a Guru=SpiritualTeacher

You see it differently, and that is fine with me
So, I offer to agree to disagree on this one
:hugehug:

ChristineM

Premium Member
There is if you have a Guru=SpiritualTeacher

You see it differently, and that is fine with me
So, I offer to agree to disagree on this one
:hugehug:

We see it very differently, and very few have a guru as a teacher, many have preachers with no training but a strong personality to mould the gullible

stvdv

As long as you're not competing with him he's great. I read a little and recognize in him qualities of other friends I've had. My feeling is he's probably not excellent at introspection but is a moral person. Its ironic but he's probably more trusting than other people, so he may not grasp your concerns about privacy. I don't envision him as an amoral person. Nobody has everything right.
Thank you. I have seen quite a few pictures and short films from when he was young. I got the feeling he might one of those very smart autistic persons. Those I know are harmless and moral. Can go totally wrong in certain areas though, but only because they fail to "get it", as their empathy is not as good as their mental abilities. Like you said "Nobody has everything right". I also think that Epstein might have kind of lured him into things. Seeing his (Bill gates) pictures, I get the feeling I can trust him with my data, no problem. Just that "damn"(excuse le mot) picture/association with Epstein. But still I know hardly anything about him.

Its like with enough data a computer can see around corners, sometimes.
:D
In a way, it's good if we can't hide anything, that would mean we act fully Dharmic (otherwise we risk jail/fines), but it would be out of fear, and I don't believe that is "real" transformation. Though it can be a valuable lesson.

The rub is this: free internet services, small internet companies versus gargantuan internet giants. What do we want? Do we want Google
I love Google, at least it always gives me what I am looking for. And the layout of their presenting the search result is clear. All the others I have seen, is just not a nice layout. I did not know I was so sensitive to "layout":D

Do we want Facebook, or do we want personal web pages?
Personal web pages...I hate Facebook layout.;)

Its not actually about Bill Gates. It is about how large companies should be permitted to grow.
I was just curious about the "Real Bill Gates", hence I asked about him, in relation to his projects. I know others implement and run stuff.

stvdv

many have preachers with no training but a strong personality to mould the gullible
Christians talking about the Anti-Christ
Such preachers I call "Anti-Christ"
Unless they train them perfect
Being untrained themselves
Would be very rare though

stvdv

Not a lot, given that I'm not enamoured with MS OSs, but the one least liked (Win10) came about after Gates left I believe, and as mentioned, he is a bit of a philanthropist (along with his wife), but Elon Musk comes across as rather nasty - given his targeting of another in the cave rescue case. And his satellite empire seems a bit reckless (for astronomers). So perhaps the scales are easily weighted towards Gates. :D

Gates seems a sensible chap but I can't answer your poll.
Thank you for the feedback. I know nothing about Elon Musk. But reading he is "nasty", I am glad

Not answering the poll, is also an answer, as it indicates you do not agree with all 10, how I phrased them
e.g.: 09) I don't trust the US government with my computer data
Not answering this hypothetical question means, I think, that you would trust the US government with your computer data
(Of course most people would not know where "cloud-data" is physically stored, hence it's always hypothetical)