• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you feel about Bill Gates, do you trust him?

Choose which option(s) agree best with you

• 01) I trust Bill Gates with my computer data

• 02) I trust Bill Gates with my body, getting the Corona vaccination

• 03 I don't trust Bill Gates with my computer data

• 04) I don't trust Bill Gates with my body, getting the Corona vaccination

• 05) I will take the Corona vaccination

• 06) I don't want to take the Corona vaccination

• 07) I will take the Corona vaccination if it is imposed on us

• 08) I believe the corona vaccination should be imposed on all

• 09) I don't trust the US government with my computer data

• 10) I trust the US government with my body, getting the Corona vaccination

Results are only viewable after voting.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
They had no prayed for an internet connection, yet:D

@chinu left out that bit of information;)

I am not a god believer do I do not read minds. But assumed they had at least a local village wise man or woman who could read the weather.

atanu

Premium Member
I had a drug addict friend, now dead, i would trust him with anything except money. As far as i know he never lied to me, even when he took £20 out of my purse, he owned up later and promised to pay it back, a promise he kept in his will.

My view is that god addiction is far worse than say, heroin addiction. Drug addicts tend to be destructive locally, to their friendship and family, god addicts are more global and on a much bigger scale, ask any victim of religious terrorism.

As for prayer,

View attachment 42761

It works for the prayee to feel better about themselves but i have never seen a physical benifit.

Your example are stupendous. I bow down. (Sarcasm).

At some time all donations will fail. One will be alone with death. We do not yet know at that time what one will choose: donations?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I had a drug addict friend, now dead, i would trust him with anything except money. As far as i know he never lied to me, even when he took £20 out of my purse, he owned up later and promised to pay it back, a promise he kept in his will.
Nice update.

My view is that god addiction is far worse than say, heroin addiction. Drug addicts tend to be destructive locally, to their friendship and family, god addicts are more global and on a much bigger scale, ask any victim of religious terrorism.
Aha, you still hold on to the violent-God-concept some Christians entertain. I gave a clear definition what to me "God-addict" means (and with me loads of Hindus). I don't pretend to take their words of "Pretend to be God-addicts" serious. If an Atheist tells you "I love you", and kicks you violent in the but, you don't take such a person's definition of "Love" serious , would you? Same with people claiming "I love God". I have dropped the violent-God-concept a long time ago.

It works for the prayee to feel better about themselves but i have never seen a physical benifit.
I have seen benefits. But I agree that generally it is wiser to just feed if hungry, and one could thank God having been given the opportunity to help

Last edited:

stvdv

They had not prayed for an internet connection, yet:D

@chinu left out that bit of information;)

I am not a god believer do I do not read minds. But assumed they had at least a local village wise man or woman who could read the weather.
My mistake.

I told you recently, that I always add "this is a joke" if I make a joke, and that I hardly make jokes
This was the once a year joke I make, and I forgot to add it. I thought the green face would give it away. My bad. I corrected it;) in my post

ChristineM

Premium Member
I already forgot my negative experiences, now you mention yours, I remember mine
1) Yahoo was hacked (manytimes they admit) and ca. 3 billion (US) accounts were taken, also mine. That got me thinking about Yahoo's security
2) Hotmail of my father was hacked and password too. Those were Nigerians, requesting money sending threatening mails. Luckily I could get in and change the password. Knowing Nigerians are superstitious, I replied to them something like "I have been in India for 10 years, and know a lot about magic. Usually I prefer white magic, but I am very eager and happy to practice some black magic on you, if you trouble me once more". Daily Email threads stopped instantly:D
3) I used to have like 10 spam mails a day, and was fed up with it. Now yahoo created the perfect solution to be 100% spam free, what a relieve. They should also create a solution for being hacked themselves on a, I think maybe, yearly basis:D

We use a shared server and have spamassassin now, very good once its set up properly. I am currently getting only one or two on my main accounts. Obviously from the same spam merchant but I cannot for the life of me figure out any commonality between the spams, different text but in the same format, different sending IP, different senders email, even sent from different countries. But I'll get em one day and block them

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
What do you think these trials involving over 30,000 people, in countries specifically chosen for high prevalence of the virus, aim to do, then? That is what they are doing: looking to see if the vaccine prevents infection.

Honestly, my feeling about it is not coming from logic. I just have a gut feeling that says ‘don’t take the jab’.

Maybe it’s because 2020 has been an annus horribilis.

Maybe it’s because 2020 is the year that truth was beaten to a bloody pulp.

I don’t know. It’s a gut feeling. I can already see the headlines about what a medical disaster the vaccine was.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Your example are stupendous. I bow down. (Sarcasm).

At some time all donations will fail. One will be alone with death. We do not yet know at that time what one will choose: donations?

Even one donation is better than a prayer

stvdv

I can just about see why someone (someone a bit crazy) might think a photo of Gates and Epstein together at some social occasion was evidence that Gates was a sexual pervert or something, but what I'm asking is why you connect Bill Gates with mandatory coronavirus vaccination?

ChristineM

Premium Member
I have dropped the violent-God-concept a long time ago.

Yet the main holy books still teach violence in gods name and many accept those teachings

I have seen a benefit. But I agree that generally it is wiser to just feed if hungry, and one could thank God having been given the opportunity to help

Help and thank you god, fine
Help without thanks, fine
Pray to feel good about not helping, not fine

exchemist

Veteran Member
Honestly, my feeling about it is not coming from logic. I just have a gut feeling that says ‘don’t take the jab’.

Maybe it’s because 2020 has been an annus horribilis.

Maybe it’s because 2020 is the year that truth was beaten to a bloody pulp.

I don’t know. It’s a gut feeling. I can already see the headlines about what a medical disaster the vaccine was.
This will not be a repeat of the swine flu fiasco, if that's what worries you - so long as the pharmaceutical companies are NOT hassled to short-circuit the process of showing the vaccines work and are safe.

From this point of view the current suspension of the trial of the Oxford vaccine should reassure you. They halted while they check out why this person got a (temporary, it seems) inflammation of the nerves. That's the procedure. You stop and investigate any occurrence that might be a side effect, as you go. And it is a huge trial, as I say: 30,000 people.

I'll be glad to have the vaccine if and when it is offered. Covid 19 can kill people my age, so the trade-off is quite strongly in favour of being vaccinated, even if there do turn out to be occasional side effects .

Last edited:

stvdv

I predict that you get ZERO likes from Atheists for this great reply:D

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
I'll be glad to have the vaccine if and when it is offered. Covid 19 can kill people my age, so the trade-off is quite strongly in favour of being vaccinated, even if there do turn out to be occasional side effects .

I’m mid 60s myself. And 50 years of smoking have no doubt damaged my lungs. So I’m in the at-risk category myself.
I’ve had various vaccinations in my life, including a flu shot a few years ago, so I’m not averse. I get the science.
As I say, it’s a gut feeling. Impossible to argue with, even for me.
I don’t like the rush, I don’t trust big pharma when we’re talking the biggest gold rush in medical history.
And as I suggested before, 2020 is just ‘one damned thing after another’, and for me it is now a matter of trust no one.
That may change. We’ll see.

stvdv

OK! I don't know if the US government is interested in my data or my body, but I could be wrong!
I can imagine they robot scan all data on words related to terrorism. Other than that I am least of their concern.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
How do you feel about Bill Gates, do you trust him?

A) It's important to trust the person, whom we hand over all of our virtual data.

B) But soon it's important to trust (him) also with our body, as Corona vaccination (for starters) might be imposed on all
(nowadays/soon, with advancing technology, many things can be added to a vaccination)

Below video link (2 min), he seems a harmless nice guy, only thinking about the welfare of the poor people in Africa/India
Video in short: He explains how health+education can solve tripling population growth; it solves the 7 children per family need

Below picture, shows a man who seems to be unable to do any harm whatsoever
View attachment 42752

Below picture, shows a man whom I don't trust by his association, but who might be lured in by the Devil
I get disturbing thoughs, seeing this picture, like "what else did he do with these kids in Africa and India?"
View attachment 42751

So, How do you feel about Bill Gates, do you trust him?
Of course I don't trust him. He's a super rich elitist with his own agenda.