• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you feel about Bill Gates, do you trust him?

Choose which option(s) agree best with you

• 01) I trust Bill Gates with my computer data

• 02) I trust Bill Gates with my body, getting the Corona vaccination

• 03 I don't trust Bill Gates with my computer data

• 04) I don't trust Bill Gates with my body, getting the Corona vaccination

• 05) I will take the Corona vaccination

• 06) I don't want to take the Corona vaccination

• 07) I will take the Corona vaccination if it is imposed on us

• 08) I believe the corona vaccination should be imposed on all

• 09) I don't trust the US government with my computer data

• 10) I trust the US government with my body, getting the Corona vaccination

Results are only viewable after voting.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Once a group of religious people in the village decided to pray for rain. All gathered on the prayer day. Only one little boy came with an umbrella.

People, or that little boy. Who do you think has the real faith in God ?

The one who checked the weather forecast

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Bill Gates has none of my data.
Optimist. I am a programmer. Programmer just love to build in back doors.
But I doubt that Bill Gates would be interested to peek in your computer

Once my neighbor, being also a programmer, asked me "Do you think Bill Gates would stop to pick up a 100$ bill?"
I said "probably not, he has plenty already, and being a good man, he leaves that for poor fellows like me"
No, he said, Bill gates earns more than the time needed to pick up this 100 dollar bill.

That is a fact by the way:D:D:D

ChristineM

Premium Member
As such person is NOT in the story.

Going off-topic became your habit, I think.

How do you know that no one checked the weather forecast?

It is a real scenario/answer to your off topic question. Sorry if it doesn't fit with the answer you want

stvdv

And? I would trust a scientist in the field of medical research way way more than a religionists with a prayer
* I do know that prayers sometimes work; but I trust God to cure, not a religionist

* I would be surprised if you would trust an addict, as in a religionists with a prayer (religionist - a person addicted to religion)
* But of all the addictions, I think God-addictions is one of the least harmful (God meaning Loving, compassionate etc)

A friend of mine (now dead) was an alcohol addict and told me "never trust an alcoholic, they always lie"
(He said it while being in the Ashram of Sai Baba, so I would like to expect this time he was not lying:D
But while Sai Baba was standing in front of him, there was a man stealing a wallet of my friend
Obviously the thief was not addicted to religion, but to stealing; Kali Yuga at its worst

exchemist

Veteran Member
Not an anti vaxxer, but in this instance I will be refusing any vaccine for at least two years.
Unless it has been tested by exposing at least 1000 vaccinated subjects to live virus, I will assume it is a shot in the dark.

Merely causing the production of antibodies don’t mean beans.
What do you think these trials involving over 30,000 people, in countries specifically chosen for high prevalence of the virus, aim to do, then? That is what they are doing: looking to see if the vaccine prevents infection.

stvdv

9 and 10 only for Americans presumably.
No, all nowadays follow the US news, so can imagine whether or not US government can be trusted here

IF I would have left out which government THEN people would have said "I can't answer the poll, you failed to specify which government":D

Last edited:

stvdv

That's just sophistry, either suggesting you don't have courage in your convictions or as an attempt to avoid having to defend your thinly veiled attack.
You seem to think you know very well what I think and why I do or won't do things.

exchemist

Veteran Member
No, your logic is wrong here, you think too much, it's much more simple:
1) I need to trust myself
2) I need to trust the other (e.g. Bill Gates)
3) When both apply then I might trust their activities

I would never trust Epstein, would you? You seem to trust Epstein more than I
If I see a picture of Bill Gates standing even next to Epstein, all red alarm lights go off
And when I read in the article that he contacted Epstein even after conviction; many times
Even more alarm bells start to ring. And still you question me doubting him

All this is enough, to have serious doubts about Bill Gates, so I got already stuck at point 2).
Logically I doubt Bill Gates his activities; any. That simple. Your logic does not apply here; is faulty
I can just about see why someone (someone a bit crazy) might think a photo of Gates and Epstein together at some social occasion was evidence that Gates was a sexual pervert or something, but what I'm asking is why you connect Bill Gates with mandatory coronavirus vaccination?

Wandering Monk

No, your logic is wrong here, you think too much, it's much more simple:
1) I need to trust myself
2) I need to trust the other (e.g. Bill Gates)
3) When both apply then I might trust their activities

I would never trust Epstein, would you? You seem to trust Epstein more than I
If I see a picture of Bill Gates standing even next to Epstein, all red alarm lights go off
And when I read in the article that he contacted Epstein even after conviction; many times
Even more alarm bells start to ring. And still you question me doubting him

All this is enough, to have serious doubts about Bill Gates, so I got already stuck at point 2).
Logically I doubt Bill Gates his activities; any. That simple. Your logic does not apply here; is faulty

So, do you trust Trump? We have pictures of him standing next to Epstein also.

stvdv

I have only ever had problems once when i was swamped by over 100 spam e-mails a day. Luckily if whatever i sign up for is not official i always use a throw away email address.
I already forgot my negative experiences, now you mention yours, I remember mine
1) Yahoo was hacked (manytimes they admit) and ca. 3 billion (US) accounts were taken, also mine. That got me thinking about Yahoo's security
2) Hotmail of my father was hacked and password too. Those were Nigerians, requesting money sending threatening mails. Luckily I could get in and change the password. Knowing Nigerians are superstitious, I replied to them something like "I have been in India for 10 years, and know a lot about magic. Usually I prefer white magic, but I am very eager and happy to practice some black magic on you, if you trouble me once more". Daily Email threads stopped instantly:D
3) I used to have like 10 spam mails a day, and was fed up with it. Now yahoo created the perfect solution to be 100% spam free, what a relieve. They should also create a solution for being hacked themselves on a, I think maybe, yearly basis:D

stvdv

I trust my husband in everything
Aha, I am happy to read that, you got me worried a bit. I really wish all people have a good relationship, that is so valuable.

Following 2 major operations in the last year i have been told by my own doctor and the consultant that if i catch coronavirus will probably kill me. Same with hubby who's immune system is still wreak following his radiotherapy. We have no choice about taking the vaccine when it's available.

Besides protecting ourselves the benefits of reducing the spread if the disease is the humane thing to do
The smart thing to do, in your condition. I knew about your husband, but didn't know you are in a similar situation. Wish both of you the best.

Sai Baba told me a few month ago, that the Corona virus will kill me, having a very weak immune system. I kind of knew that, but after that dream I kept like 3 meter distance (and first 2 weeks did not even leave the house:D; once before he gave a malaria pre-warning which saved my life, as 30 others in the same group ended up in hospital, I am for ever grateful for that, malaria is horrible).

Luckily recently he told me that my diet was better now, and my immune system is now strong enough to not be killed anymore. But I am not yet steady with my diet, and still like to figure out, which diet improvement was responsible for this, so I still stick to 3 meter++ tricks to stay safe

IF all people take the vaccine THEN you spreading it by being unvaccinated, has become kind of a non-issue, isn't it; otherwise the vaccine would not do it's work properly. The vaccine contains a small amount of the virus, at least that is what I thought how a vaccine works.

BUT while there is no vaccine yet, I agree that it is very important not to spread it, so I keep my 3 meter, no touch others, nor touch my mouth/nose/eye/ear etc.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
No, all nowadays follow the US news, so can imagine whether or not US government can be trusted here

IF I would have left out which government THEN people would have said "I can't answer the poll, which government":D
OK! I don't know if the US government is interested in my data or my body, but I could be wrong!

atanu

Premium Member
So, How do you feel about Bill Gates, do you trust him?

It has nothing to do with Covid or vaccine, but I personally have very little trust in him, although I am a fan of Bill. Well. That is a contradiction. :D

ChristineM

Premium Member
* I do know that prayers sometimes work; but I trust God to cure, not a religionist

* I would be surprised if you would trust an addict, as in a religionists with a prayer (religionist - a person addicted to religion)
* But of all the addictions, I think God-addictions is one of the least harmful (God meaning Loving, compassionate etc)

A friend of mine (now dead) was an alcohol addict and told me "never trust an alcoholic, they always lie"
(He said it while being in the Ashram of Sai Baba, so I would like to expect this time he was not lying:D
But while Sai Baba was standing in front of him, there was a man stealing a wallet of my friend
Obviously the thief was not addicted to religion, but to stealing; Kali Yuga at its worst

I had a drug addict friend, now dead, i would trust him with anything except money. As far as i know he never lied to me, even when he took £20 out of my purse, he owned up later and promised to pay it back, a promise he kept in his will.

My view is that god addiction is far worse than say, heroin addiction. Drug addicts tend to be destructive locally, to their friendship and family, god addicts are more global and on a much bigger scale, ask any victim of religious terrorism.

As for prayer,

6c75685432952d7f3a5d5ec31aa1ad67.jpg

It works for the prayee to feel better about themselves but i have never seen a physical benifit.