• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you enjoy life?

Patience

Let us dance with the wind and sing with the birds
I've been thinking about this question a lot lately, so I wanted to ask, what makes you enjoy life and makes each day most meaningful for you?

I hope I posted this in an okay area, still haven't been around much, so getting used to the forum.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I've been thinking about this question a lot lately, so I wanted to ask, what makes you enjoy life and makes each day most meaningful for you?

I hope I posted this in an okay area, still haven't been around much, so getting used to the forum.
This place is good for this topic. :)

I have kind of a boring answer, but I'm an extrovert who takes great pleasure in the company of family and friends. So work, bills, etc are mostly a means to an end of spending time with them in a variety of settings and circumstances.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

This is an appropriate forum section for your thread.

I see that you registered long ago despite the low post count. Welcome (back) to the forum. I hope you enjoy it. :)

Regarding your question, if I had to choose one thing over others in terms of making me enjoy life and find it meaningful, I'd go with friendship. I don't like having many friends, so I only have a few close ones (excluding online ones, of whom several are quite close in their own ways too). I'd include family as well if my relationship with them weren't so deeply entangled with fear due to how they'd treat me if they found out about certain things.

Even the small things in friendship sometimes make my day. Just a few days ago a close friend sent me a voice message in the middle of a long conversation. Hearing her laugh despite her experiencing stress made me smile spontaneously--and it's even more pleasant when we talk and have fun face to face.

So, while I enjoy a lot of things, friendship definitely stands out in more than one way.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Free will. Being able to do what I want to do. Sometimes it's being able to drink a type of tea I like. Sometimes it's solving a chess problem. Don't always get to do what I want to do. Makes me a bit grumpy.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist

The simplicity, I suppose.
Though I can't exactly say I enjoy life, it being calm and quiet makes living that much easier.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I enjoy being alone. I grew up in a large family, 4 boys to a bedroom, and a very social father. Then Boss and I raised 5 kids. I taught school for 30 years. I learned it from my mother, who liked to garden alone, do her crafts alone, and was much different than her husband that way. When I taught, the 15 minutes each way in the car was my respite.

So now, in retirement, after so many people, I really enjoy the meditative and reflective aspects of being alone. Landscaping, driving, daily worship called sadhana, woodworking, all that ... but by myself. Boss peeks in on me occasionally.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Interesting thread!

I enjoy the simple things - reading & meditating - if you could call meditation simple :)

I try 2 remind myself to always be grateful for all the things I do tend 2 take 4 granted. Gratitude is one of the keys 2 a happy life.

Also enjoy yoga and exercise - good for the body & mind!

Enjoy your day!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I see life as a privilege in a universal sense as a sapient being.
A lot of bad things have happened with me but most of my personal goals have been met already.

I think it comes down to the simple things. Not complex or difficult.

Like drinking a cup of tea or taking in the fresh air while feeling pretty good. The warmth of the sun on a cold day, hearing pleasant music and letting the mind become immersive.

Not becoming wound up with those things that you can't control. Like a river, floating and traveling with the flow where ever it leads.

Like the song, life has been good to me so far. :0)

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Life for me is great, I am always doing something, I have taken up many hobbies, my latest is tattooing, I think young and feel young, yes life is great.

VioletVortex

Listening to music, writing music, playing guitar, relating to the gods, thinking about philosophy, politics, and religion, being in solitude with thoughts, reading about European history, eating, working out, and last but not least, sleeping.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Myself and others that I have meet that seem to enjoy life to its fullest are those who almost lost their life, I myself have been raped as a young man, I have had my life threatened with a knife to my neck, I have been shot, and I have had cancer. Of course at the time when these things happened to me I wasn't that happy, but over the years I realized that life is wonderful, I never really knew how much it was so special, until I almost lost it. This is the only life we will ever have, if you stuff it up then you miss out on all the joys that you could have experienced while here. Reincarnation is a cop out in my way of thinking, its an excuse for those who never had lived their life to it fullest, its an excuse that you can make up for it in another life......it ain't going to happen......yes this is it, make the best out of it, happy living to you all.